Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

filippolska1234tm2

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by filippolska1234tm2 » 11 Dec 2015, 21:30

It will be possible to create custom flag, paintwork, mascot, number and material for TMT?

Cerovan

Post by Cerovan » 11 Dec 2015, 23:31

No.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

disposableaccount

Post by disposableaccount » 12 Dec 2015, 00:40

Cerovan wrote:We use the Uplay Id as player login (that's an hidden data, this isn't the displayname/nickname/username). And we use Uplay because we want to let the player choose between a Steam or non-Steam version (and for a consistency between the two, we use a data that can be shared by both "plateforms", Uplay in that case).
the other trackmania did that without a drm or client, so it's completely pointless, that just keeps makes me thinking Nadeo is forced to use Uplay like i said earlier and our conversation comes full circle

putting uplay drm on steam is not letting "the player choose between Steam and non-Steam (Uplay) version", it's forcing Uplay on everyone regardless of the platform, it doesn't let the player choose anything

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 12 Dec 2015, 15:23

TMT is released by Ubisoft and since UPlay is Ubisofts' own game platform, I'd say it's rather normal that TMT gets released first there.
If Ubisoft has a game account system that is combined with Uplay, it is nothing else than a Steam account for Valve games, or a Maniaplanet account for Nadeo games.

Now some will consider lucky that TMT also gets released in Steam as well.

I don't see why you have to argue that much about it.
Please keep this topic for questions related to the game Trackmania Turbo, and stop the discussion about different game platforms here.
Thanks.

Demented

Post by Demented » 12 Dec 2015, 16:22

TMarc wrote:I don't see why you have to argue that much about it.
Please keep this topic for questions related to the game Trackmania Turbo, and stop the discussion about different game platforms here.
Thanks.
Thank you for that. I swear it seems like an interrogator trying to beat someone into saying what they want to hear regardless of the facts. :teub:

My hat is off to Cerovan for trying to satisfy so many questions. I think you have been excellent at trying to answer things as fully as you can at this time.
TMT is not TMU nor is it Maniaplanet. It is basically an independent, closed platform and will be released in a different way than previous TM games. Change is part of progress. Some things work, some do not. I'm sure the Nadeo team has looked at the various options, weighed the pros and cons and plans to do what they feel will best benefit the game now and for the future. They aren't stupid, but there are many things in their processes that we don't even know about and don't need to. A few months ago we didn't even know TMT was being worked on and that some aspects of it would find their way into the Maniaplanet environment in time. This is why they couldn't really say anything about changes they were making in MP at that time.
I don't like every decision Nadeo makes, but I have faith that they know what they are doing and will deliver a fun product.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

disposableaccount

Post by disposableaccount » 12 Dec 2015, 16:26

TMarc wrote:TMT is released by Ubisoft and since UPlay is Ubisofts' own game platform, I'd say it's rather normal that TMT gets released first there.
that's what i said
TMarc wrote:If Ubisoft has a game account system that is combined with Uplay, it is nothing else than a Steam account for Valve games, or a Maniaplanet account for Nadeo games.
that's what Cerovan said
TMarc wrote:Now some will consider lucky that TMT also gets released in Steam as well.
lol
TMarc wrote:I don't see why you have to argue that much about it.
because Cerovan denies what i say but can't back up his statements choosing instead avoid giving a straightforward answer leading to a long padded argument? that must sound familiar to you.

Ubisoft wants to force everyone to use Uplay, Nadeo has no choice in the matter, Uplay doesn't give any extra functionality nor it's really needed and TMT could easily be DRM free and on GOG if Nadeo were allowed to do so.
that's what i got from the whole conversation and Cerovan couldn't prove me wrong. this will be my last post regarding this chain of replies, i'm tired of it.

nailbomb69

Post by nailbomb69 » 12 Dec 2015, 20:41

Their game they do what they want with it. No one's forcing you to use uplay if you don't want it don't play the game. This has been discussed before yet you keep bringing it up time you got over it nothing's going to change regarding this.

Cerovan

Post by Cerovan » 12 Dec 2015, 21:42

Last time i answer about that.
disposableaccount wrote:because Cerovan denies what i say but can't back up his statements choosing instead avoid giving a straightforward answer leading to a long padded argument? that must sound familiar to you.
I answered you as much as i can. Giving more information would be like unveiling industrial secrets (i won't jeopardize my job for your curiosity).
disposableaccount wrote:Ubisoft wants to force everyone to use Uplay, Nadeo has no choice in the matter, Uplay doesn't give any extra functionality nor it's really needed and TMT could easily be DRM free and on GOG if Nadeo were allowed to do so.

And what about cloud save, centralized buddy list and unveilied features yet? Having an account on a plateform bring these feature that a DRM-free game can't.

If you're so upset about Uplay, just don't buy the game, i don't force you to buy it.

TheM

Post by TheM » 16 Dec 2015, 11:15

Cerovan wrote:If you're so upset about Uplay, just don't buy the game, i don't force you to buy it.
You don't think it's weird to have the game on Steam and at the same time need Uplay - which doesn't give much more features than Steam? ;) ^^
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

Cerovan

Post by Cerovan » 16 Dec 2015, 11:21

TheM wrote:You don't think it's weird to have the game on Steam and at the same time need Uplay - which doesn't give much more features than Steam? ;) ^^
Depends on why the game (any "Uplay"/"other plateform") need both the plateforms. If it's only to clone the features (like only cloud save and achievements), it's not really useful but there can be some hidden/internal reasons for that too :)

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”