Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

TooManyZooz
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Apr 2016, 21:57

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by TooManyZooz » 28 Apr 2016, 22:03

Hylis wrote:
Zooz wrote:It is simply the nature of detailed discussions that many comments will be critical or negative, not only in the domain of gaming. When something is good, you do not need to discuss anything about it, you just use it or play it. But when there is something bad or that can be better, people will want to discuss and they come to this forum. If the solution to this is banning, I don't think there will be many active posters left after a while. A forum cannot be sustained only on compliments. I believe that it would be better to spend time on either answering questions or working on the game to improve community opinion, rather than spending time on censoring the community.
I think we should link this to show how people can make the difference between critics and negativity. He includes critical & negative in the same thing. It's not at all the same thing. If I say that he his stupid and that I am not surprised that he doest not, then I am negative. If I say that it's very important to see the difference, then I am suggesting something to be improved. There is no reason to ban someone for being critical in a constructive way since not only the guy is spending time to help us but he probably have less reason to help us since he has an issue with the game. Saying that we threat the community like shit is negative. Or for disposableaccount to talk about "ubishit" today is the same. It's negative and useless and far from helping to get the oppinions of everybody.
That may be so, but the line between negativity and criticism (if there is any) is subjective and different for various people. So if you start banning critical people for being negative, other people may perceive this as a ban of criticism, and become hesitant to express their own opinions. Also, it's rather dictatorial.

Anyway, I will refrain from contributing constructively to the community for now, since it is not appreciated. I hope the remaining active people will continue and report issues and organize nice tournaments instead. Please do not chase them away too. I like the community effort of making the TMT leaderboard in google docs, and it would have been nice to discuss it, but welp.
By the way, it is not even possible for people to apologize when their account is banned, because they cannot post.

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15335
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by TMarc » 28 Apr 2016, 22:12

Zooz, it is not criticism as such which is taken as negativity.
It is behavior like you recently shown which is taken as bad: only complain, and then after the ban create multiple forum accounts just to complain even more about censoring and banning, not understanding at all why this happenend.

If you have constructive feedback (not meaning that it only has to be positive), you're free to place it here in the forum.

If you want to apologize, do it, and do not search for excuses for not being able to do it.
You found some way back after all ;)
Not being able to post to the forum does not mean you cannot write a mail to the admins.
Somewhere it is readable in the forum or somewhere else if you search a bit.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

disposableaccount
Posts: 182
Joined: 27 Dec 2014, 01:55

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by disposableaccount » 28 Apr 2016, 22:15

Hylis wrote:"hey, instead of being negative, I came here to explain how the game can be frustrating or what I would like to see that I don't"
that's considered being negative according to my previous experiences

rat_in_car
Posts: 553
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:12
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by rat_in_car » 28 Apr 2016, 22:16

Hylis wrote:And I agree that the default cam is much more important :p (and I can not say we will do something, just that it has a higher priority)
Very nice to hear that. But please - IF you do it, do it in a way that affects the existing maps too that have "default cam" in MT, not by adding another option in MT. Basically I'm sure that you do it that way, because it will be much easier that add new options to MT and make people even more confused.

Ok, I admit that sometimes I can not perfect understand your point and my english is not as good as I want, so you can sometimes don't understand my point, but I hope everything will be better.

As you see now - after few posts and normal conversation everyone feels better and understand more.

I also have a nice (probably) idea that can help Nadeo programmers to made improvement for most demanding players. Make some hidden options in ".ini" file (options that anyone can add to "ini" - optional). Options that only few percent of players wants. For example - cam1=true for those who really needs cam1 instead of cam2 (easy to made changes in game code I guess). Or roomsmapslimit=10 for those who want to see only rooms that have 10 maps or more etc. Or even defaultcam=internal for that cam3 and default cam problem. This will be so easy to made by any programmer and doesn't requires extra work in GUI, which sometimes takes much more time than just made some option work.
Last edited by rat_in_car on 28 Apr 2016, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15335
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by TMarc » 28 Apr 2016, 22:17

rat_in_car wrote:As you see now - after few posts and normal conversation everyone feels better and understand more.
exactly, after sorting out some misunderstandings on either side :thumbsup:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

User avatar
MatheusKS
Posts: 366
Joined: 08 Sep 2011, 20:44
Location: Itajaí, SC. Brazil

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by MatheusKS » 28 Apr 2016, 22:17

I criticized ShootMania in the past (that time, SM was still in alpha/pre-alpha - I do not remember) due to gameplay (different, in my opinion). When I got a beta key and played for the first time, I changed my opinion (stop criticizing and became supporting).

So, grow up kid. It's normal that new things (even if it's based on old things) have problems. When the thing "grows", becomes better. Negative comments harm the "growth" of ideas.

sorry for my English, I do not have time here to check my spelling
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>

HaagseSmurf
Posts: 2163
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 19:46
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by HaagseSmurf » 28 Apr 2016, 22:30

Hylis wrote:I hope to be able to make a Hello Planet #6 in June so players know more about the current plan.
Really looking forward for that because of the schedule for MP4 (i hope) and to see in MP4 new blocks, a smoother engine (comparing MP to TMT), and many more things.
TooManyZooz wrote:I hope the remaining active people will continue and report issues and organize nice tournaments instead.
And yes we wont stop organizing cups etc. cause its way to much fun to do. Its just giving you a boost when you see a lot of players still having fun in it, even after all these years !
Hylis wrote:And in fact, I am even on holidays these time and this is why I can answer more ^_^
Usually people are resting at their holidays, and dont want to do anything related to their work.
In fact, when i am at home during a holiday i use to play some TM instead of reading my workmails ;)

Anyway, i am looking forward to the upcoming things, and i hope the community will still stay strong, because i still see a lot of nice things around in MP and also in TMT. And only together, NADEO AND the community, we can grow further and become better and better!

Greetz,
Last edited by HaagseSmurf on 28 Apr 2016, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3962
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by Hylis » 28 Apr 2016, 22:54

Zooz wrote:By the way, it is not even possible for people to apologize when their account is banned, because they cannot post.
what I said was "Zooz came back again, without an apologize" So, it was after you created your new account and did not appologized. And you did it again. You do not apologize while you have the opportunity. And even before, I knew you would have way to communicate with us if you really wished to apologize anyway.

TMarc said it quite clearly : "If you want to apologize, do it, and do not search for excuses for not being able to do it."

rat_in_car
Posts: 553
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:12
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by rat_in_car » 28 Apr 2016, 23:17

I don't think asking or forcing any customer to apologize is good. I think better is, if you really don't want him on your forum, just ban him and not ask for apology. His choice is what he wants to behave, your choice is to allow him or not.

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15335
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by TMarc » 28 Apr 2016, 23:20

you're right.
But the thing is, he did like he wanted to apoligize, but was not able. How silly is that.

If he does apologize, good, nice touch.
If he does not - but shows he can behave, also good, no problem.

But at the moment, he does not show he really wants to apologize nor behave.
Try to understand this logic :roll:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

Post Reply

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests