Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

null8fuenf10

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by null8fuenf10 »

VoidSeeker wrote:I have to agree with rat_in_car and i7mean.
I dont want to be negative.
I really like TMT but as with all other TM games: Its hardly dependent on its playerbase.
And I dont think that TMT Players will pay much attention to ManiaPlanet.
Dont get me wrong there is a chance that the ManiaPlanet population will increase, but I doubt it will happen.
I think Crossplay between PC/Console would be beneficial in this case.
But I dont think this will be realizable in the near future :cry:
Nadeo has done a great job with Turbo but as I said before: its nothing without the community. :thx:
Hi,

I agree with all of you! TMT is pretty nice and in some points a way better then TM2/MP, especially the Valley Enviroment! The Handling is much better then in MP, i think.

I think merge MP with TMT, is a good idea, to get an higher Playerbase and let all players benefit from the advances.

Or maybe just implent Turbo as a TitlePack in MP?
Then the players can switch between TMT with enhanced psysics
and the good old TM2 Style! That would be great and there would be more players in TMT. :D

Or ingame advertising in TMT, that everyone get one or two MP Enviroments for free.

Or Crossplay with Console Users in TMT, to get an higher Playerbase, as VoidSeeker said before!

The community is splitted one more time and my lovely Trackmania get deader and deader and deader... :cry:

We must do something to get players back,......but....what? :?:

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :thumbsup:
Darkhawk

Post by Darkhawk »

TMarc wrote:
Instead of releasing another environment that is even more difficult to drive (Lagoon vs. Valley), I would have made all 4 environments nearly equally easy to drive in Turbo.
This would have made Valley and Lagoon probably more popular than they have ever been.
All PC players coming from Nations are lost. They can perhaps drive Canyon a bit, but they clearly prefer Stadium.
I found Valley in Turbo a little bit more easy than on Maniaplanet, still the car is very nervous on dirt and on gras, and a bit too fast I think.

However, the old "pro" gamers are only on PC side (Maniaplanet) after all. To bring a new more difficult environment there is a expected challenge, but it should not deceive new players either.

There should be a "easy", "medium" and "hard" setting for the driving.
Easy to learn how to drive the different cars, slower speed and less undesired drifting or slipperiness, with Bronze medal at maximum (no silver, no gold, no nadeo and no trackmaster possible as penalty).
Medium to get in touch with the more demanding driving physics, still not too fast cars. Maximum Silver medal reachable.
And Hard with maximum speed and all possible medals reachable.
[only an idea ;) ]

To both ideas, even if they are only ideas: NO!!

The learning curve is hard, yes, but it is also rewarding enough to play more and more and get better. A system like yours would "block" the progress as new players would of course first go with the easiest setting and go slower on that.
null8fuenf10 wrote:

I think merge MP with TMT, is a good idea, to get an higher Playerbase and let all players benefit from the advances.

Or maybe just implent Turbo as a TitlePack in MP?
Then the players can switch between TMT with enhanced psysics
and the good old TM2 Style! That would be great and there would be more players in TMT. :D

Or ingame advertising in TMT, that everyone get one or two MP Enviroments for free.

Or Crossplay with Console Users in TMT, to get an higher Playerbase, as VoidSeeker said before!

The community is splitted one more time and my lovely Trackmania get deader and deader and deader... :cry:

We must do something to get players back,......but....what? :?:

Greetings
Crossplay is really hard to realise especially for such little developers like Nadeo.

Your idea of putting TMT into TM2 would not work. People would completely switch to the improved TMT enviros except for Stadium maybe and then we would have more dead environments again.

There is just no way to get people back. Trackmania was a Sensation when it came out back in 2004. You can't get that back. The people are saturated from the game mechanics of TM in general. The only hype for TM today is the ESL scene in TM2 Stadium and that's it. Even the Track Editor has lost it's uniqueness. There are many games out with the ability to make your own tracks. Maybe sometimes not so crazy stuff but it is there.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Darkhawk wrote: To both ideas, even if they are only ideas: NO!!

The learning curve is hard, yes, but it is also rewarding enough to play more and more and get better. A system like yours would "block" the progress as new players would of course first go with the easiest setting and go slower on that.

I agree with you, that would be no good at all. :1010
Darkhawk wrote: Crossplay is really hard to realise especially for such little developers like Nadeo.

Your idea of putting TMT into TM2 would not work. People would completely switch to the improved TMT enviros except for Stadium maybe and then we would have more dead environments again.

There is just no way to get people back. Trackmania was a Sensation when it came out back in 2004. You can't get that back. The people are saturated from the game mechanics of TM in general. The only hype for TM today is the ESL scene in TM2 Stadium and that's it. Even the Track Editor has lost it's uniqueness. There are many games out with the ability to make your own tracks. Maybe sometimes not so crazy stuff but it is there.
I think NADEO don't want the game to be Dead. They release updates and new Enviroments for MP! And they promised themself, that TMT makes Trackmania more popular. But that was step backward!

And one more mistake was that NADEO promised, that there will be no changes in CarHandling in TMT, but the promis was a lie. The Handling is, how i think, better then in MP. Now i have half of the Fun in MP cause i know the better Handling from TMT. Thats a big fail in my eyes.

Trackmania is a unique Racing game with endless possibilities, and the Fun never dies, when there are enough people to race against, Tourneys and Specials for Motivating the people.

It should give more Championships and Specialraces (Beginner Tournaments, Intermediate..., Pro,etc.)
for the community.

And how i said, i think one of the main things is, find a way to get all players back in one place!
TMN/TMU(F)/TM2/TMT
Anykind of way to make this possible. Thats what the most people want. When i look across the Forumthreads.
I don't know how by myself, but that would be a great step in right direction, how i think.

Other thing is a complete Documentation in one place, with all Features of Maniaplanet, Manialinks, Trackbuilder and Mediatracker, explained. But thats no that main thing.

Greetings
Last edited by TMarc on 19 Jun 2016, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed double quote
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

Darkhawk wrote: Crossplay is really hard to realise especially for such little developers like Nadeo.
I don't think Nadeo are "little" developers. They are skilled enough to do that but it has been said that they can't do that due to the PS4 and XBOX policies.
Darkhawk wrote: Your idea of putting TMT into TM2 would not work. People would completely switch to the improved TMT enviros except for Stadium maybe and then we would have more dead environments again.
There is already a TrackMania² title pack in ManiaPlanet but nobody switch on it because environnement title packs are already popular and it's also boring to download again 1GB.

Creating just 1 title pack for all environnements would be the best way to bring back people I think. But is it really possible...

Also, TrackMania² doesn't give something new. Just a better 3D engine and new environnements for basic/e-sport players. Nothing new and they even removed some features (puzzle, ...) from TMUF. Imo, a new opus is a continuation of the previous (TMUF features + Awesome new features) and on that way, TrackMania² isn't a continuation of TMUF.

I think the TrackMania concept has so much potentials that are not exploited enough. TrackMania has been, for me, the unique game that bring together different universe (creators, developpers, e-sport, basic players,...) and this is the most awesome thing Nadeo has done.
Darkhawk wrote: There is just no way to get people back.
There's still QuestMania and ShootMania Cryo to be released ;)
This could also promote the ManiaPlanet platform in general !

And I hope Ubisoft, has a huge editor, will help Nadeo and promote TrackMania.

Sorry for being a bit offtopic, and for my bad english because I post that from my dying computer :D
Image Image
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

TheBigMiike wrote: Creating just 1 title pack for all environnements would be the best way to bring back people I think. But is it really possible...

Also, TrackMania² doesn't give something new. Just a better 3D engine and new environnements for basic/e-sport players. Nothing new and they even removed some features (puzzle, ...) from TMUF. Imo, a new opus is a continuation of the previous (TMUF features + Awesome new features) and on that way, TrackMania² isn't a continuation of TMUF.

I think the TrackMania concept has so much potentials that are not exploited enough. TrackMania has been, for me, the unique game that bring together different universe (creators, developpers, e-sport, basic players,...) and this is the most awesome thing Nadeo has done.
True words! :thx: How i said, anykind of way to bring the players back in one Place!
Plus a concept with many Specials, Races, Championships (BeginnerChampionship, Advanced...,etc.) or such things!

Greetings
Darkhawk

Post by Darkhawk »

wait.. you still believe after all this time that Questmania would come? or a second env for Shootmania? I don't want to be rude but what let's you believe in that at all?

We have no sign of Nadeo about Questmania since a long time. There was NOTHING at E3 this year, not even a single word about anything from Trackmania at the Ubisoft press conference. I don't know about Cryo but i think we rather see Lagoon coming to MP before anything else happens.

Did you remember what they promised the community before the Release of MP? with the plan they had at that time we should have 10 or more Environments for each of the 3 *Mania* series and look what we got now.

I really don't think you should trust them at all anymore.

To any Nadeo member: No i don't need any more articles about "being negative" and that you want to have a fully positive forum. You did so much wrong including TMT.. you guys shouldn't wonder if people tend to get negative. :roll:
Miss

Post by Miss »

Darkhawk wrote:To any Nadeo member: No i don't need any more articles about "being negative" and that you want to have a fully positive forum. You did so much wrong including TMT.. you guys shouldn't wonder if people tend to get negative. :roll:
Misconception - you can't know if they're deep in shit or being intentionally mysterious or doing nothing. That's only for Nadeo to say. From what I hear, they can use some positivity in the community after all the negativity towards Turbo and consoles and whatnot. :thx:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Darkhawk wrote:wait.. you still believe after all this time that Questmania would come? or a second env for Shootmania? I don't want to be rude but what let's you believe in that at all?

We have no sign of Nadeo about Questmania since a long time. There was NOTHING at E3 this year, not even a single word about anything from Trackmania at the Ubisoft press conference. I don't know about Cryo but i think we rather see Lagoon coming to MP before anything else happens.

Did you remember what they promised the community before the Release of MP? with the plan they had at that time we should have 10 or more Environments for each of the 3 *Mania* series and look what we got now.

I really don't think you should trust them at all anymore.
I don't belive in NADEO, that they bring Shootmania Cryo and Lagoon this year, but i hope it very much.
The main thing is NADEO promised too much, what they can't hold. That is why people get angry. :twisted:

The other thing is, here is a loyal community, and they apologize a lot, when NADEO would listen to them and give
some more positive and competent Feedback. And not with let people in the Dark about the Situation and the Developmentprocess. Like the SneakPeaks in TMT or somethiong similar. :idea:

TM2/MP needs positive Feedback, but the players which loves the game, are angry and angry people don't give positive Feedback. NADEO should make a big turn in the direction towards us, the for long years, loyal players.
Then we can take the positivity back to the rest of the player/gamer World! :3

There are many other old Games out there, with servers full of Players, but not here...., NADEO should ask themselfs, WHY? :?: :?: :?:

Greetings
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

Truth is this game could be fun. But it's not because crappy room search engine. I even can play on empty server waits for other players, but how if I must spend LOT of time to find at least one with more than 5 maps and with community maps only? I repeat this again - rooms filtering system should be made! "Show only servers with 10+ maps" (or "20+ maps") and "show only servers with community maps". That's all. Good serers will be revealed and players can choose servers that are not boring.

Of course AT of map displaying or global records will be another good improvements. But I suspect that none of our wishes never be made.

Once again I give example - YEARS ago I reported that option in MT works bad (FxCameraMap don't use locators or URL field so can't be used online!) and repeat this few times. And I get no answer. Never.

Maybe someone from community made some good servers search engine.
markablanco

Post by markablanco »

Hello,
Please add Time Attack mode for offline splitscreen to Trackmania Turbo! Played the trial and I love how the game looks and feels...but I just can't spend money on this without offline split-screen Time Attack mode. I'm grateful there are other new modes for offline - but at least for me, Time Attack mode is the definitive game mode in TM. Please add to offline split-screen!

As a comparison, I think to a lot of us, not including Time Attack mode in offline split-screen, would be like Call of Duty not including standard deathmatch in offline splitscreen. It just doesn't make sense.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”