Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by Hylis »

If we do it, it will take time for some reasons, but we are looking forward doing it. I believe into the fun & immersion that brings Trackmania in VR.
wiidesire-2

Post by wiidesire-2 »

Hylis wrote:What is sure is that we are not going to make big changes
Does that mean that we will never get any proper Singleplayer rankings (name + time) + worldwide ghosts to race against?

IMO it's pretty ridicilous that some players need to create an Excel spreadsheet to make rankings possible...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =556631401
Picture/Video/Article Collection Topics:
TM2 Canyon | TM2 Valley| TM2 Stadium| SM Storm
My Computer: http://www.sysprofile.de/id172680
2010 I was 7th of the world in TMUF :)
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

I was asking about few bugfixes or improvements but in fact I'm not sure ther're needed. I bough this game for Lagoon environment (I already have rest of envs) and no matter how many times I check servers, I cannot find even one server with Lagoon only community maps that is not empty. I don't know is it prove that this env is not as good as can be with some suggested fixes or maybe track exchange method is bad without tracknames and awards, or maybe dedicated servers are needed instead of author's rooms with one map, but the fact is - today lagoon seems to be dead. Of course - someone can say that thousand of lagoon maps created by players can prove that i'm wrong, but playing offline maps only is a little boring. And without even small filter like "show only servers with 20+ maps" and "shows only server with community maps" there will be no good servers.

Everyone can check this - find at least one server with community maps (more than 8), not from one author and lagoon only, normal race. And no servers with Nadeo only maps.

https://youtu.be/HH5egVVNcI4
Enjoy (not public video)
Darkhawk

Post by Darkhawk »

rat_in_car wrote:I was asking about few bugfixes or improvements but in fact I'm not sure ther're needed. I bough this game for Lagoon environment (I already have rest of envs) and no matter how many times I check servers, I cannot find even one server with Lagoon only community maps that is not empty. I don't know is it prove that this env is not as good as can be with some suggested fixes or maybe track exchange method is bad without tracknames and awards, or maybe dedicated servers are needed instead of author's rooms with one map, but the fact is - today lagoon seems to be dead. Of course - someone can say that thousand of lagoon maps created by players can prove that i'm wrong, but playing offline maps only is a little boring. And without even small filter like "show only servers with 20+ maps" and "shows only server with community maps" there will be no good servers.

Everyone can check this - find at least one server with community maps (more than 8), not from one author and lagoon only, normal race. And no servers with Nadeo only maps.

https://youtu.be/HH5egVVNcI4
Enjoy (not public video)

That's what i predicted when the game launched.

Nadeo should have released a full new title for Xbone,PS4 and PC complete with 3 new envs not with 3 old and 1 new. Now we got the problem that Lagoon got kinda ignored from most people and abandoned for the "good old" envs the people knew already. That's probably the worst scenario that could happen to a new environment. Besides the fact that TMT has lost 99% of their players after a month or so...
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

I'm not sure that "old good" envs are the problem. Even Canyon or Stadium envs are not so populated (but at least you CAN find one or two rooms). I think problem is with centralized servers. I never seen so many one-map servers before in TMUF or TM2. Now, when it's so easy, every noob can made his own one-map server and you must spend lot of time to skip all that crap. This was huge mistake in game creation and it's main reason that TMT seems to be almost dead.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

I agree, the online multiplayer system is about quantity but not quality. Game's "dead" for weeks now for me. -sorry if you find it "negative", I just tell what I see-
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Perhaps not dead, but the release hype is over, as for many other new games which are not that new after all.
But on consoles, it's aparently not that bad as on PC.
Just 2 weeks ago, Turbo was in the top 10 of PS4 sales charts in a big German electronics market.

Instead of releasing another environment that is even more difficult to drive (Lagoon vs. Valley), I would have made all 4 environments nearly equally easy to drive in Turbo.
This would have made Valley and Lagoon probably more popular than they have ever been.
All PC players coming from Nations are lost. They can perhaps drive Canyon a bit, but they clearly prefer Stadium.
I found Valley in Turbo a little bit more easy than on Maniaplanet, still the car is very nervous on dirt and on gras, and a bit too fast I think.

However, the old "pro" gamers are only on PC side (Maniaplanet) after all. To bring a new more difficult environment there is a expected challenge, but it should not deceive new players either.

There should be a "easy", "medium" and "hard" setting for the driving.
Easy to learn how to drive the different cars, slower speed and less undesired drifting or slipperiness, with Bronze medal at maximum (no silver, no gold, no nadeo and no trackmaster possible as penalty).
Medium to get in touch with the more demanding driving physics, still not too fast cars. Maximum Silver medal reachable.
And Hard with maximum speed and all possible medals reachable.
[only an idea ;) ]
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Personally, I stopped playing the game after 1 week. Not because it might be bad or anything. On the contrary: It makes a lot of fun. But I stopped playing it because other games make more fun.

And I can't complain about the Valley environment. All the new blocks are absolutely gorgeous.. and are so enjoyable to drive on. :mrgreen:

Maybe I have to play TMT again and spend some time on the beauty of the valley environment :yes:
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

TMarc plus on PC, I don't think (at all) that TMTurbo attracted that many very new players. Because if it did, there should be more players online (the old negative maniacs went back to MP and the newbies stay in TMT).
Now that the experimented players are gone, there's -almost- nobody left...

By that I also mean that ManiaPlanet didn't benefit from Turbo like Nadeo thought it would. For me the amount of players is the same...

Do some people play TMT in PS4 and tell us about the amount of players ?
VoidSeeker

Post by VoidSeeker »

I have to agree with rat_in_car and i7mean.
I dont want to be negative.
I really like TMT but as with all other TM games: Its hardly dependent on its playerbase.
And I dont think that TMT Players will pay much attention to ManiaPlanet.
Dont get me wrong there is a chance that the ManiaPlanet population will increase, but I doubt it will happen.
I think Crossplay between PC/Console would be beneficial in this case.
But I dont think this will be realizable in the near future :cry:
Nadeo has done a great job with Turbo but as I said before: its nothing without the community. :thx:

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”