Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

daantjuh98

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by daantjuh98 »

Hey,

Yesterday, I bought Trackmania Turbo. I am enjoying it so far! :D

I started playing the Solo Campaign. I love how every time you earn a medal, it says how much you climbed in rank on the worldwide and the regional ladder. But after getting at least a gold medal on every white track, I decided to try 'Worldwide Challenges'. I noticed that after earning a medal in a challenge, my rank would climb as well, even though the medals I earn in challenges do not count as 'real' medals.

It doesn't seem fair to me that medals earned at the 'Worldwide Challenges' increase your rank, because this way theoretically it is possible to get an infinite amount of medals. I am curious exactly how the ranking system works and how the medals from the different 'gamemodes' are weighted. Can someone please clarify this to me? ;)
riolu

Post by riolu »

You don't gain any medals with the worldwide challenges. Medals can only be obtained in the regular solo campaign, the double driver and the super solo campaign. The worldwide challenges however do help to go up in the worldwide ranking (which is influenced by solo progress, challenges and online progress).
daantjuh98

Post by daantjuh98 »

Thank you for your reply!

But I would still like to know how Worldwide Challenges and online racing are weighted compared to the Solo Campaign. So I would like to know how much a medal in the Solo Campaign is worth for climbing the ladder compared to for example beating the author of a track in a Worldwide Challenge.
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

If I remember correctly, the medals deal solely on how well you did versus the clocked times the Author built into the map when creating it. The ranking, on the other hand, deals with a few factors:
  • How many players have also raced the map with an official time
  • How well you did based on the other players that raced the map with an official time
  • (Other things...?)
daantjuh98

Post by daantjuh98 »

Okay, thank you for responding!
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

:thumbsup:

Hope it helps!
tgum

unlock tracks BY TYPE

Post by tgum »

hi

- I love Canyon and Stadium
- I hate Valley
- I find Lagoon ok but far from being as good as Stadium and Canyon

I want to be able to unlock all Canyon and Stadium tracks in campaign mode without having to play the other environments.

please make the tracks unlockable BY TYPE (e.g. only gold in previous Canyon tracks to unlock black Canyon tracks)

cheers
Fantasyonly

Post by Fantasyonly »

I just went ingame (PC) and saw that there are only around 20 Players online. Is it now possible to play custom maps online like in Nations Forever where I find more players? How could I find these servers if there would be some?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If you found the online racing menu, then you already found the right place, use the arrows left and right to find more "rooms", which are individual virtual servers.
Still it is a pity to see that few people. It's summer holiday season, people are playing less online (at least indoor) ;)
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

TMarc wrote:Still it is a pity to see that few people. It's summer holiday season, people are playing less online (at least indoor) ;)
Week after release multiplayer was completely dead. It's not because holidays, it's because mp is a huge step backwards to TM franchise.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”