NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Cibermix
Posts: 37
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 13:38

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by Cibermix » 20 Jun 2015, 10:21

Nobody noticed that the Lagoon car physics looks really close to Valley one ? I always complained about TM2 with the fact each car physics was close to each others, I'm a bit disappointed we have the same here.
This is the valley car being more fast and more reactive, Lagoon grass is a copy/paste from Valley dirt too. And don't say I've to play the game before saying smth like that, just see gameplay video, even the useless 2-wheel from TM2 (canyon/valley) is on lagoon too.

And I'll not speak about adherence, still the same with again a car who can't loose the grip.. Bwarf my hype is already gone. :cry:
Last edited by Cibermix on 20 Jun 2015, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
meuh21
Posts: 1269
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 17:00
Location: Dans mon champ...
Contact:

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by meuh21 » 20 Jun 2015, 10:36

For cam3 players Lagoon high grass could be a problem. Like it is in Valley.

User avatar
PapyChampy
Posts: 821
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 15:02
Location: Paris

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by PapyChampy » 20 Jun 2015, 11:52

@ Cibermix : Trust me, the gameplay is really different.
You didn't see everything Lagoon has to offer yet anyways.
Image

Cibermix
Posts: 37
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 13:38

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by Cibermix » 20 Jun 2015, 17:28

PapyChampy wrote:@ Cibermix : Trust me, the gameplay is really different.
You didn't see everything Lagoon has to offer yet anyways.
Lagoon is just built from the top of Valley, I already see what I need to judge Lagoon. Just the basic car handling interest me. It's not like I don't trust you, I think we just have not the same definition of what a different gameplay is. Turbo environments are declinates gameplays of car physics without adherence limit. It's more cohesive than united environments so it's fit what Hylis said some years ago about united environments being too much differents like you were not playing the same game. So I'm not surprised.
You didn't see everything Lagoon has to offer yet anyways.
Oh you mean you can loose the grip maybe ? If it's that I retire all of what I said. :mrgreen:

marios2000
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 May 2015, 21:50

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by marios2000 » 20 Jun 2015, 19:32

Is it possible to remove the invisible walls and the voice saying: "checkpoint" ?

User avatar
eyebo
Translator
Translator
Posts: 3322
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 12:01
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by eyebo » 20 Jun 2015, 20:04

What invisible walls?
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

BLaHiTiS
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 13:24

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by BLaHiTiS » 20 Jun 2015, 22:22

I think if there's any rogue physics clips connected to block placement we'll have to see that if and when we can beta test :P

But yeah, i'm a bit having a double feeling about the "checkpoint" shoutouts too. I know it really seems arcadey and I don't mind all so much for myself, although if you're gonna constantly hear "checkpoint" I hope there's gonna be more randomized intonations so that it sounds really human. The "wow" that comes inbetween is already a good distraction but I think if we don't want to work on someone's nerves we need more alternates of "checkpoint" and a woohoo, or a yeehaa inbetween as well. AND ofcourse the ability to toggle this off :)
Image

  • MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb DDR3
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 275.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
  • OS:Windows 8 Professional
[/size]

Akbalder
Posts: 1059
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:00
Contact:

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by Akbalder » 20 Jun 2015, 23:20

In the videos, we can hear that it isn't always "checkpoint" that is said. It changes when you beat the best time or when you are at the last checkpoint.

User avatar
w1lla
Posts: 2386
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:09
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by w1lla » 20 Jun 2015, 23:26

Akbalder wrote:In the videos, we can hear that it isn't always "checkpoint" that is said. It changes when you beat the best time or when you are at the last checkpoint.
You even hear trackmaster as a whisper. I wonder who the trackmaster 'author' is ;)
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

OS: Windows 10 x64 Professional
MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs

User avatar
Filipe1020
Posts: 956
Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 16:51
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: NEW GAME TRACKMANIA TURBO ANNOUNCED AT E3

Post by Filipe1020 » 20 Jun 2015, 23:27

Cibermix wrote:Nobody noticed that the Lagoon car physics looks really close to Valley one ? I always complained about TM2 with the fact each car physics was close to each others, I'm a bit disappointed we have the same here.
This is the valley car being more fast and more reactive, Lagoon grass is a copy/paste from Valley dirt too. And don't say I've to play the game before saying smth like that, just see gameplay video, even the useless 2-wheel from TM2 (canyon/valley) is on lagoon too.

And I'll not speak about adherence, still the same with again a car who can't loose the grip.. Bwarf my hype is already gone. :cry:
The Lagoon car turns way better than the Valley car, so no.

Post Reply

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests