[FAQ] Your questions in one place

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

[FAQ] Your questions in one place

Post by Dommy »

Wasted minutes of my boring life collecting questions and answers there. :roll:

GENERAL

Q: When TrackMania Turbo will be released?
A: It will be out 24 March 2016 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All platforms will probably have also BOX versions.
"The versions should be gold by the end of the month. We still have one major improvement to do and some others may pop up until then, but we have to be very carefull at this stage to avoid to create issues." - Hylis
"There should be a box edition on PC as well. We are working on it at the moment." - Hylis

Q: Is the cross-platform multiplayer in plans?
A: At the moment Nadeo is not able to do it due console manufacturers policies, maybe in future, but it's least probable.

Q: Is the UPlay account required to play the game?
A: Yes, in all possible cases (including Steam). UPlay is used instead ingame accounts system.
"UPlay will be mandatory on any cases." - Cerovan

Q: Will be there an official forum on the TrackMania Turbo website?
A: It's already available there.

Q: What about customizing your nickname?
A: Color codes won't be available, as the game will take UPlay account name, PSN name or Gamertag.

GAMEPLAY

Q: Is the handling of Turbo cars the same as original ManiaPlanet one?
A: Nadeo promises it is the same, but some people, who have tried Turbo say it feels a bit different. Valley dirt feels a lot easier to handle, Stadium might feel a bit different while drifting.
"Gameplay has no change in the code (except from initial physic state, like for example the start line has moved)." - Hylis

Q: Is the solo mode restricted to perform official runs every 5 minutes?
A: Nope, all the records are instantly sent to the ranking, you can fight your buddies times in real time

Q: Will it be possible to play in Double Driver mode via internet? Is it possible to use Split Screen mode to play as 2 players on the online servers?
A: Nope. These are only local play features.
"Double Driver is a local feature, can't use it online." - Cerovan

Q: Is the Realtime Worldwide Ranking really realtime?
A: It's calculating new rank and ladder within a few minutes.

Q: Will the game work in miliseconds?
A: It works in miliseconds as the ManiaPlanet does, and doesn't display miliseconds, just like ManiaPlanet.

Q: Are there any plans to run competitions in Turbo?
A: Nadeo leaves this decision to the community - we will see is players organize something for their own, as the plan is to run competitions only in ManiaPlanet, leaving Turbo as the casual version of the game.
"The most important for esport to happen along side Trackmania Turbo is that the gameplay would be the same, so people that become really skilled on Trackmania Turbo can easily switch to Maniaplanet, which is simply easier to manage complex stuff (and more complex for simple stuff ^^)" - Hylis

Q: Does the game feature achievements?
A: Yes, trophies are available for PSN, XBox and UPlay. You can unlock legendary liveries, by spending Units you've earned on performing various actions ingame.
"It's mandatory to have a trophy/achievement list when you release a game on console (With the exception of the Wii U), so yeah." - PapyChampy

Q: How do i reassign pad buttons? Where is the camera 1 from old games?
A: Gamepad controls reassigning will be featured in upcoming patch for PC. We don't know if camera 1 will also be included with the update.

Q: Will the game have proper control wheel force feedback?
A: Probably not.

Q: Is the car-environment mixing planned?
A: Nope.

Q: Will puzzle mode come back with Turbo?
A: Forget about it.

CUSTOM CONTENT

Q: Will the players be able to rent their own dedicated servers?
A: As for now dedicated servers won't be available. Multiplayer is working via private and public sessions (hosted by Nadeo). It's possible to browse the list of sessions. Sessions are also multi-environment.

Q: Will the game feature MediaTracker?
A: It's available on PC version of the game, you can access it in main menu, by clicking the gear icon on the black status bar at the top of the screen. MediaTracker is available also in classic map editor, for ingame and ambiance tracks.
"Since the MediaTracker is absent of the game, our current wish (to be confirmed) is to provide a separate software to run the MediaTracker with files imported from Turbo (we are working on it atm)." - Hylis

Q: Do we need to use the gamepad-friendly map editor, or is there other, easier way to edit maps
A: There is also available ManiaPlanet editor for PC version, which can be accessed by clicking gear icon on the black status bar, while editing map in default mode. Once the map is opened once in this editor, it can't be modified in gamepad editors anymore.

Q: Will the map editor be limited in some way?
A: Players will have to unlock new blocks by playing campaign. On consoles there building is limit of 7500 C (display cost), probably to provide stable 60 FPS. For PC limit is yet unknown.
"The goal is to secure the 60 FPS on console. The really cool thing is that we spent a lot of time at optimizing the blocks and it will benefit also the PC version, and alter Maniaplanet.". - Hylis

Q: If there is ingame map sharing system, can the maps be downloaded across all the platforms?
A: "Due to the cross-platform policies, it's too complicated to do unfortunately." - Cerovan

Q: Will there be an option to import custom car skins? It will be possible to create custom flag, paintwork, mascot, number and material for TMT?
A: No, Nadeo wants the game to feature one, unique style, which would be abused by custom models.

Q: Will players have access to create custom gamemodes with ManiaScript?
A: Probably no, AND THAT MAKES ME FUCKING ANGRY.

Q: Will it be possible to create very own stickers for the cars?
A: Nope.

MANIAPLANET

Q: Will the ManiaPlanet maps be compatible with Turbo and visa versa?
A: Probably not, due various changes in map file format. There is also no information how the custom made maps are going to be shared, but it's probably gonna to be like Steam Workshop, as players can add maps to their favourites.

Q: If I bought Turbo will I get ManiaPlanet environments for free?
A: "It's planned to give a free TM² environment to Turbo buyers (from any plateform), including Lagoon when it'll be available next year. But we don't have a process yet on how it'll be done." - Cerovan
"Yes, we wish to give Maniaplanet Lagoon for free to every Trackmania Turbo owner. On console, I hope we will be able to do it through the Uplay account, but it's still to be confirmed." - Hylis

Q: Will the new Turbo style be applied with next major ManiaPlanet update?
A: Nope. But Community will apply it.

Q: Are all of the ManiaPlanet versions blocks available in the Turbo editors?
A: Yes, most of them with visual changes, plus a lot of new ones.

Q: Will the Turbo blocks be included in ManiaPlanet with next update? Are these magnetic roads in Lagoon exclusive for Turbo or will we have them in ManiaPlanet too?
A: Most of these with new gameplay mechanics will be included. Fancy donuts and other stuff probably not. Lagoon magnetic roads will be also available in ManiaPlanet, and maybe in custom blocks too.
"They will be in MP." - PapyChampy

Q: When will ManiaPlanet receive next update?
A: Nadeo promises, that shortly after Turbo release they concentrate back on ManiaPlanet. I predict update about 2-3 months after Turbo release.
Fix wrote:
matsilagi_tmu wrote:I don't know about any changes confirmed officially, but here's a few differences i noted:
-Water on Lagoon has caustics (no TM game had those before)
Maniaplanet environments have caustics I just checked again to be sure :). Water was most of the time less transparent than lagoon so they are less visible(excepted stadium)
matsilagi_tmu wrote:-The lights on the Turbo effects are dynamic (take a look at the Canyon for examples)
No new light system has been added, the only dynamic lights are the front car lights or the player/weapons/items in SM.
matsilagi_tmu wrote:-Stadium roads now have Specular reflections (even if they reflect cubemaps, they DO have reflections now, no TM game ever had specular reflections before (aside from cars, but those are realtime to an extent), just envmaps/cubemaps
Maniaplanet engine has optional specular for local lights (named "Lightmap Light Index" in the launcher/compatibility settings), and has specular for sunlight and car lights by default (probably depends on the render quality setting).
The effect on the TMT "international" stadium's road or Lagoon's wooden platforms is a "fake "precalculated envmap, a bit like what we had in TMN/U (not on the road, but on the inflatables) or sunrise (red bridges in Bay).
Fix wrote:We have been able to load MP maps into Turbo while making it, but very soon coming back to MP from TMTurbo was impossible because of added blocks and items to turbo and not to MP. As all turbos, race blocks, and some misc blocks, (such as the ForestRoadLoopStart in Valley seen in the last trailer) have a specific design for TMTurbo (even creating sometimes a different "occupation" than their PC counterpart), it's asking us a lot of work to make them again for MP, in the MP style. But we're doing it. Some Blocks stays specific to TMTurbo spirit and won't exist in MP, breaking once and for all any cross compatibility between these 2 versions. MP will receive all improvements on existing MP blocks, that have been done for TMTurbo (optimisations and debugs).
PapyChampy wrote:
Alucard wrote:Hi. Just played Nation 10 years ago ', but I 'm not remember imposed view camera .. Take futuristic racing games with loopings , you don't necessarily need a subjective view to see where you go despite the crazy tracks. So you confirm me that it will be automatic and forced here ?
It's a common practice in TM since a while now, basically since the MediaTracker was implemented. So yeah, at least on the campaign tracks, force cam will be there on loops, but not on wallrides.
Last edited by Dommy on 27 Mar 2016, 12:56, edited 4 times in total.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: Your questions in one place

Post by Florenzius »

Thanks ;)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
jui

Post by jui »

domino54 wrote:I predict update about 2-3 months after Turbo release.
good joke :mrgreen: ;)

I am not expecting anything before end summer / autumn.

Nice overview tho :3
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

salut

A: As for now dedicated servers won't be available. Multiplayer is going to work via private and public sessions (hosted by Ubisoft). It will be possible to browse the list of sessions. Sessions will also be multi-environment

tous les plus grand jeux on donne la possibilité de monter des server dédié :?:
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

TL;DR

PC Version has no sense for me since there is TM2.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

SSM.Speed... wrote:salut

A: As for now dedicated servers won't be available. Multiplayer is going to work via private and public sessions (hosted by Ubisoft). It will be possible to browse the list of sessions. Sessions will also be multi-environment

tous les plus grand jeux on donne la possibilité de monter des server dédié :?:
Keep it english please // En français stp ;)

Speed, it's a console game. How many console games you know offering a dedicated server host system? It works with sessions. Sessions stay open, why would you like dedicated servers?
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Rots wrote:Keep it english please // Pas en français stp ;)
I was about to write something similar ;)
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

domino54 wrote: Q: Will the ManiaPlanet maps be compatible with Turbo and visa versa?

Q: Are all of the ManiaPlanet versions blocks available in the Turbo editors?

Q: Will the Turbo blocks be included in ManiaPlanet with next update?
We have been able to load MP maps into Turbo while making it, but very soon coming back to MP from TMTurbo was impossible because of added blocks and items to turbo and not to MP.
As all turbos, race blocks, and some misc blocks, (such as the ForestRoadLoopStart in Valley seen in the last trailer) have a specific design for TMTurbo (even creating sometimes a different "occupation" than their PC counterpart), it's asking us a lot of work to make them again for MP, in the MP style.
But we're doing it.
Some Blocks stays specific to TMTurbo spirit and won't exist in MP, breaking once and for all any cross compatibility between these 2 versions.
MP will receive all improvements on existing MP blocks, that have been done for TMTurbo (optimisations and debugs).
Stringers

Post by Stringers »

Replay editor?
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

domino54 wrote:Q: Will the players be able to rent their own dedicated servers?
A: As for now dedicated servers won't be available. Multiplayer is going to work via private and public sessions (hosted by Ubisoft). It will be possible to browse the list of sessions. Sessions will also be multi-environment.
It will be hosted by us, but the settings and tracklist we be chosen by the creator of the server. So in a way, there is dedicated server, hosted by us and for free. Just that plugins and server controllers aren't available.
domino54 wrote:Q: If I bought Turbo will I get ManiaPlanet environments for free?
A: Probably yes, Nadeo is still figuring out how they'll manage to do it. You won't get discount for Turbo if you already own ManiaPlanet environments.
For the moment, we talk to maybe offer the Lagoon environment, not all of them (just to be precise) :)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”