Sneak Peek #7: Around the Online World of Trackmania Turbo!

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Sneak Peek #7: Around the Online World of Trackmania Turbo!

Post by Alinoa »

After talking about local game modes, it's time to focus on the online components of the game and as you'll see, you could spend a lot of time in that world!

Full article here -> http://trackmania.ubisoft.com/turbo/en- ... 8-76770-32
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Miss

Re: Sneak Peek #7: Around the Online World of Trackmania Tur

Post by Miss »

Can I be the first to say that some of this UI looks like it could use some improvement?

In the first screenshot, there's highlighting (white lines?) going straight through the server listing, making it not very easy to distinguish between rows just by laying your eyes over it quickly.

In the second screenshot it looks like "slots" in a "rack" or something, which for some reason irritates my brain/eyes. But maybe that's just me. I'm not sure, but something's off. Again, highlights that look strange.

Highlights on the third screenshot as well, which look off to me.

The layout looks fine though. Maybe some text alignment could be better, but *shrug*.

Oh, and to be on topic, the online system sounds good to me. :D Good job!
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Akbalder

Post by Akbalder »

Is it possible to create a server with random maps from any player? (to discover new maps)
Electron

Post by Electron »

Is room a common name for map servers within games?
When I translated it into my language, it sounds to me quite unusual.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Actually, I prepared the "666 post" for something special. A great announcement is on the way.
But, when I read the title of this topic... I was in such a good mood that I just couldn't resist ^.^

Around the world

Anyways, back to the topic:
I really like the fact that everybody can easily create their own server aka their own room. Fantastic! And having the possibility to create a room with up to 128 seats... that's just incredible! I've got some questions. How many servers can you run at the same time? I guess only 1, right? Will it be possible to choose or create your own "style" that will be shown on the filter selection? I am sure that TMT will evolve over the time and new styles will show up. And what is the "Full throttle" style? Similar to fullspeed? Or a "just press forward" style? And hosting your own rooms will be completely for free, right? So no extra-payment is necessary?

I am already in love with TMT... :pil
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Soprah wrote: I really like the fact that everybody can easily create their own server aka their own room. Fantastic! And having the possibility to create a room with up to 128 seats... that's just incredible! I've got some questions. How many servers can you run at the same time? I guess only 1, right? Will it be possible to choose or create your own "style" that will be shown on the filter selection? I am sure that TMT will evolve over the time and new styles will show up. And what is the "Full throttle" style? Similar to fullspeed? Or a "just press forward" style? And hosting your own rooms will be completely for free, right? So no extra-payment is necessary?
It will work the same way as many F2P games are using.

You are creating a room for free that will exist until you or all players will leave so you can't make multiple rooms because you need to be in one(King of the lobby).
You will not be able to create own style.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
WTCYoStunt12

Post by WTCYoStunt12 »

djhubertus wrote: It will work the same way as many F2P games are using.

You are creating a room for free that will exist until you or all players will leave so you can't make multiple rooms because you need to be in one(King of the lobby).
In fact, F2P games are using (mostly) p2p to create rooms to play. In TMT, you can create rooms that exist forever (until you erase them) and there are hosted in Ubisoft servers. So you're the masteradmin of the "servers" you create and they are deleted when you want.
"I can lag more than you can think"-Me
YouTube Twitter
harule

Post by harule »

Soprah wrote:And what is the "Full throttle" style? Similar to fullspeed? Or a "just press forward" style?
I think it was a press forward style, I remember seeing a video where a guy scrolled through all the different styles.
killer606

Post by killer606 »

WTCYoStunt12 wrote:...In TMT, you can create rooms that exist forever (until you erase them)....
From where do you have this info? I've never heard anything about that.
hackie

Post by hackie »

Sounds like a crazy idea.
I mean if I'm bored for a day I can make 10000 servers ? And they stay forever ? :roflol:

Anyway , I don't like the idea of not making / hosting own servers.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”