Getting the PC Trial through Steam

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alcator

Re: Getting the PC Trial through Steam

Post by Alcator »

RANT WARNING.

I bought TM2 Canyon when it was first released for 20 euros (actually pre-purchased during the beta stage).

Then I bought Stadium and Valley when they were released, for 10 euros (S) and 20 euros (Valley).

All this time, ManiaPlanet was causing all sorts of head-scratching issues, but OK, I understood that you are trying to build your own "Steam" platform through which you could sell more and more games: Shootmania (which I didn't care about, and QuestMania, which is nowhere to be found). But OK, despite the ridiculous double-updating, the ridiculous triple clicks to get inside, the ridiculous user-hostility of any scripting (I still don't know how to get Platform mode into Stadium tracks).

And now, when a new environment for the beloved racing game is made, guess what? It doesn't matter that "we the fans" stuck with you for all those years, this new environment will first go to consoles as a completely new "TM Turbo", and those of us who were suckers enough to use ManiaPlanet can either pay 40 euros (despite already paying for 3 of the 4 environments), or we'll have to wait.

Also, TM Turbo has a demo! Well, that's awesome! A game with 4 amazing environments, 3 of which have already been released before, and one new - I wonder which environment Nadeo picks for the demo. Surely it will be the new one, so that we can actually, you know, DEMO whether to purchase it or not, right?
Well, no. Let's go with the 5 year old CANYON, because surely no-one is the least bit bored by it by now (it being the racing as well as platforming environment).

Also, the bit where Nadeo wanted ManiaPlanet to act as a unifying platform for all the games? Well, forget it, now you need to get an account in Uplay, because of course you have! Let's log into Steam, then launch ManiaPlanet (requires another login) and then inside let's connect to Ubisoft, because that's apparently all super required to combat piracy or whatever...
===============
  • Intros are still being cut off. No fix, because why should anyone fix such a bug, right... {Thank you for ignoring me...}
  • If you click on "CANYON", a window opens where you have to click "PLAY", and that opens another window where you have to click "ENTER", because why not, right?
  • Shootmania stations cannot be removed, even if you never purchased them. It would be hilarious if Steam did this, dumping 9000 games into our libraries and not allowing us to remove those we don't own.
I can't help but feel that as soon as we've paid for the games, we've stopped being important for Nadeo; new customers, new money - that's important. Who cares that existing customers populate the servers so that the games look alive, who cares that existing customers have produced tens of thousands of maps so new players immediately have access to this tremendous "value chest" of content.

/RANT
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

Alcator wrote:...
What does this have to do with the PC trial ?
Image Image
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

TheBigMiike wrote:
it was certainly extracted from that topic and the moderator did not update the title.
Alcator

Post by Alcator »

TheBigMiike wrote:
Trial = Demo.

They are demoing their newest game, TM Turbo, which contains 3 old environments and 1 new, by giving us a demo of one of the old environments.

And this new game suddenly requires Uplay, while ManiaPlanet did not.

And of course those of us who were "faithful" from 2006 or even before, have to buy it anew if we want it now, because that's apparently how valuable we are as customers.

I admit it doesn't have much to do with Steam, but it is relevant for the topic of the newest Trackmania's "trial" version. I tried searching for the best place to discuss the fact that TM Turbo is not accessible through ManiaPlanet (yet), but after searching for ManiaPlanet, I got a lot of hits all over the place.
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

Well the demo is nowhere to be found, like questmania. (yet) :lol: This might be why there is already a tmt torrent on piratebay by a trusted user... consider denuvo antitamper for the next games to prevent piracy.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

Rots wrote:consider denuvo antitamper for the next games to prevent piracy.
yeah sure that shit did create a lot of problems for many players (game not starting and so on), Nadeo have a MMOG they could release their games even without protection. Playing TM alone is shit if you want to play it for more than one day.
That copy protection shit creates more problems than it does solve, just look at how awfull starforce is.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Trackmania facebook page (or at least the french one) said there's a free trial version on PS4, X1 and PC.
meow81

Post by meow81 »

Rots wrote:Well the demo is nowhere to be found, like questmania. (yet) :lol: This might be why there is already a tmt torrent on piratebay by a trusted user... consider denuvo antitamper for the next games to prevent piracy.
So the demo is totally useless and counterproductive. :clap:
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

The demo is available on Uplay under the "Free Games" tab :)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

Thats good.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”