How do you re-assign Pad buttons!?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: How do you re-assign Pad buttons!?

Post by TMarc »

Barbos wrote:I am playing Trackmania for more then 3 years now. Alone in Trackmania 2 Stadium I got more then 2k hours. Do you think I will switch to keyboard now? Do you think I will start from the bottom once again?
Of course not, but using the keyboard could only ease a bit until the patch is there.
You know, there are also reports about game crash when using the pad, and this is acutally much more unacceptable.
Barbos wrote:We, the active Trackmania Community won´t dispense with this features and it´s a shame that Ubisoft and Nadeo didn´t thought about the old Trackmania community.
Exactly this. They did not really ask anyone of "us here" to try the game when there was still the time to add critical features.
Perhaps they did very randomly and individually, under the hood of NDA.
But it looks like they preferred to have "fresh meat" ( = new and innocent players) and drop anything we could say.
Therefore it is not really a wonder that Turbo is not anything the old Trackmaniacs expected.
Mixed feelings everywhere at the moment, and a good chance missed to avoid the current chaos :oops:
Duck

Post by Duck »

Anyone else got random pad disconnections? I'm playing, and when I respawn or whenever I have paused the game for a moment my pad is not responding anymore at all.. Anyone else with this problem?
After a restart of TmT it works fine again tho.

I'm using an xbox 360, wired controller.
franck70

Post by franck70 »

Same problem for me , pad xbox , windows 10 , accelerate always on, but it's cool , just brake a litlle bit and got gold medal :pop:

Good luck TmMarc :roflol:
wazerti

Problem with controls

Post by wazerti »

Hi all,
I bought Trackmania Turbo on PC, I'm using a Logitech Gamepad to play.
But when I played the first time I've been surprised to discover the acceleration button was the 3 and brake the 1, it's really annoying because these two buttons are oposates. And the buttons don't respect the picture while the map loads...
I didn't find nowhere how to modify the buttons in-game...

Thanks
witzend

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by witzend »

Guerro said . . .
"Move your mouse to the top, click on the gear, then click on "Commands" or "Input", and change your keyboard keys."

This is fine if you want to map to other keyboard keys, but does not work with pads/joysticks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the default keymap for controllers other than keyboards does not work and you cannot remap controller buttons. So either play with a keyboard or go home . . . .

I'm amazed that this game was released like this.

TMF/TMU/TM2 were such great games but . . . TMT? Not so far . . .
witzend

Post by witzend »

TMarc wrote:How often again? This will be fixed... :roll:
I see your frustration TMarc, but you have to see ours.

I have played TM for many years and while I didn't know if I would like TMT, on the strength of TM & TM2 I was happy to pay the $$$.

But I have never played with kb, only stick. I had a reasonable expectation that I could continue playing the game as I always have, but that is not the case.
TMarc wrote:And in the meantime, using keyboard all is fine :pil
No . . . all is not fine. After so many years I'm not going back to being a knob and learning to play on kb. I'll go do something else but Ubi and Nadeo better hope no-one asks my opinion of the game unless they fix it or refund my money.
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

I think pad key assignment is very important but...

At first day of using TMT I was really angry about that and write about that on forum. But I don't want to wait for fix so I start searching internet for solution. X360ce was not working with TMT, so I found second tool - Logitech Profiler. After few minutes I have fully working gamepad (the way I like). I'm sure that few other program can do the same. I will wait for fix but meanwhile I can play. I complain about wooden loops bug (and other loop bugs) that make this game unplayable on some maps or complain because after some time i must restart game if I want to play online, but not about keymapping anymore (because Nadeo says there will be fix for that, so all you must do is waiting).
Nekaye

Post by Nekaye »

Hi,
I'm waiting on this patch,
but while it's not here, is there any chance to remap pad button on editing config files ?
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

What type of gamepad do you have?
Nekaye

Post by Nekaye »

Wireless Xbox one standard on a windows 10 OS.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”