How do you re-assign Pad buttons!?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: How do you re-assign Pad buttons!?

Post by Florenzius »

wiidesire-2 wrote:
i7mean wrote: When we preordered the game TMarc, were we aware that the cam1 that majority of players was using, will suddenly disappear ? And that most pads are not compatible ? And that we coudn't switch cars off ? And that there are no ranking online and in campaign (for me there's no sorry) ?
That's exactly how I feel. I was inactive for a long time on the Trackmania topic (didn't visit any forums, didn't play it). I simply ordered a boxed version of TMT because I own all Nadeo games already.
It's of course my fault that I didn't inform myself about this game, but I'm just extremely disappointed.

No leaderboards, no way to switch cars off, no custom button assignment. I mean what is Nadeo thinking? Who will play this game after a while when there are no records to beat? Why release this game at PC at all?

Console players are so desperate for games that they'll play TMT for a longer time. But to me it feels like the PC version of TMT is just a money grab. A lazy port.

Even as a console player I'd feel cheated for this limited feature set. And this has nothing to do with making it more "mainstream" and not so "complex". A racing games simply needs scores, records, leaderboards etc. :roll:
And because this small things, you're "angry"? The game has all, what a real game needs. Best graphic, good music, many features...

Nadeo isn't stupid. They surely do a patchday to patch all bugs etc...

A real community supports the producer. Nevermind, what bugs or what features. I'm sure Nadeo needs the money. The money for their hard work over many years. They did it good. A good community = A good game. And it is. ;)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Best graphic : no
Good music : yes
Many features : yes...no

Actually they said there will be a patch only for the pads things. We aren't sure if they will fix everything.

ManiaDesign do you put at the same level of priority "music" with "cam1" ? Or "arcade" with "online and solo ranking and record system" ??

I'm just waiting a post from Nadeo saying what exactly they will do in their patch.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

wiidesire-2 wrote:Ever since you got a moderator here, TMarc, your posts aren't neutral anymore and you sound like a Nadeo shill
If by neutrality you mean that a moderator should accept "all the shit" some of you are constantly throwing into a almost friendly and peaceful community, then you are at the wrong place here.
i7mean wrote:But I can see TMarc tries to be neutral, that's the most he can do and he does it.
When we preordered the game TMarc, were we aware that the cam1 that majority of players was using, will suddenly disappear ? And that most pads are not compatible ? And that we coudn't switch cars off ? And that there are no ranking online and in campaign (for me there's no sorry) ?

I get a little angry when I hear "just play Maniaplanet", but mate, my 36€ ? They just die for nothing ?
thanks i7mean. :thx:
I know, the camera was not mentioned earlier. but again, this is the wrong topic for that ;)
And Turbo is not totally unplayable like some think because they don't have their preferred settings.
Give it a chance, don't blame them and don't give up at the earlierst little inconvenience.
Except crashes and missing key features, anything else is just a luxury or accomodation "problem".
DelNuelo

Post by DelNuelo »

TMarc wrote:And Turbo is not totally unplayable like some think because they don't have their preferred settings.
You are wrong :teub:

It's almost unplayable with a lot of pads on PC (except an Xbox pad I think). Almost impossible to brake while accelerating without respawning. How can you play Canyon Drift or International Stadium ???

It's totaly unplayable with a joystick or a wheel. You accelerate all the time.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

How often again? This will be fixed... :roll:
And in the meantime, using keyboard all is fine :pil
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

It's just that "unplayable" is a big word. Of course I can play Stadium with cam2, but I feel uncumfortable. What matters the most is the consequence : I loose all the fun playing, because with cam2 I can't see what's in front of me, I can't make a good drift, I crash everywhere ect...
Deleting one camera view isn't a problem in itself, but the consequences of this are much more important. And with the pads problems it's the same situation.

You know, we all want this game to be better, because we paid it first, but also because we loved it.
And yes, maybe we should stop complaining with the pads, because it is the only thing we are sure that Nadeo will fix, let's complain about all the other things youhouuu :3 (just kidding :p)
Last edited by i7mean on 25 Mar 2016, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

i7mean wrote:It's just that "unplayable" is a big word. Of course I can play Stadium with cam2, but I feel uncumfortable. What matters the most is the consequence : I loose all the fun playing, because with cam2 I can't see what's in front of me, I can't make a good drift, I crash everywhere ect...
Deleting one camera view isn't a problem in itself, but the consequences of this are much more important. And with the pads problems it's the same situation.

You know, we all want this game to be better, because we paid it first, but also because we loved it.
absolutely right :thumbsup:
Barbos

Post by Barbos »

ManiaDesign wrote: And because this small things, you're "angry"? The game has all, what a real game needs. Best graphic, good music, many features...
Because this "small things"? I´m pretty sure you never played the other Trackmania titles. This aren´t little "things". This are tons of features missing as I wrote earlier.
TMarc wrote: And Turbo is not totally unplayable like some think because they don't have their preferred settings.
I am playing Trackmania for more then 3 years now. Alone in Trackmania 2 Stadium I got more then 2k hours. Do you think I will switch to keyboard now? Do you think I will start from the bottom once again? It was so hard for me to get better and better and I will never do that whole thing again. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one thinking this way. Almost everyone who played Trackmania² or Trackmania United active untill yet will know what I am referring to.
We, the active Trackmania Community won´t dispense with this features and it´s a shame that Ubisoft and Nadeo didn´t thought about the old Trackmania community.
This game is made to make tons of money, nothing else. No one will play this game for a long time (Maybe ps4, xbox players), at least on the PC version when they don´t fix these things.

But I will stop to flame now, I was angry and dissapointe enough, for now I just wait for the first patch, sorry if I was a little bit too upset, but I paid 36 euros for a more worse version of Trackmania United. This was exactly the contrary of what I expected TMT to be. :shock: :D
Zooz

Post by Zooz »

For me, the car accelerates continuously no matter what I do, and I can't re-assign whatever is causing that. I would call that unplayable, especially on my own maps!
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Just create PF tracks...

<3

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”