Known issues

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Known issues

Post by TMarc »

Currently there are following known issues:
  • Game does not start when launched from Steam
    Instead it seems to run for a few seconds, showing only the small start popup splash screen (if any), but stops working directly.
    Steam user IceKalt now had the idea to use the Windows compatibility settings: locate Steam.exe, open the properties dialog in the Windows Explorer, select "Run as administrator", no other compatibility options checked. And the game is running fine for him!
  • Game crashes on 32 Bit systems
    The cause is a memory usage problem at 2GB barrier. Investigations ongoing. More information here.
  • Gamepad issues like game crash, or unusable mouse/keyboard when connected
    One known cause is a series of patches from Microsoft, KB3140743 and KB3140768 for Windows 10.
    See also details here and here

Another issue just came up, the user had an old controller driver present, which prevented proper usage of the keyboard, as the game thought it was active. The solution here was do uninstall that device driver from the Device Manager.

And otc reported issues when using nVidia Shield and also Shield TV, topic here.

Important note regarding the Steam controller: it is currently not supported. Mentioned here.
  • game accelerates / brakes automatically
    Mostly due to a hopefully soon fixed controller input bug.

There is a workaround for Razor devices.
  • No demo version?
    Although announced to be there around the release date, the demo did not appear yet on Uplay for some.
    Details should be given during the week, see here.
    Update: the issue was acknowledged, investigations are ongoing, see here
  • cloud and water display issues
    Try different Shader settings (open the Config app, advanced configuration, Video tab, then use "no preset", and change the shader setting e.g. from high to medium).
  • No reassignment of gamepad buttons
    A patch that allows it should be there during the week. Some details here.
  • Replays
    The replays can be saved using the keys R and E. Details here.
  • Turbo new style and classic editor
    If you can't use the new editor, take the classic version as shown here.
    See also here a small tutorial by harule on Steam: How to enable the classic editor.
  • Random behavior of blocks
    Especially on the wooden planks of Lagoon (see topic here), which seem to be very slippery, there are issues with the car suddenly driving away, worst is on loopings. No official statement yet.
  • Screen resolution issues
    Some users have reported they can't use high resolutions on their screen.
    There are different possibilities to setup the game: In the config app, in the top screen menu - the gear symbol and there Video settings, and the window mode switch using F11.

In some cases, it appeared that the PC had a second screen with lower resolution. This can also be the case for laptops with both the internal and an external screen enabled at the same time.
    The workaround here is to disconnect the screen with the lower resolution and then Turbo can use the full resolution of the remaining screen.
  • New: VR support
    This was already noticed, VR goggles like Oculus Rift is not present, contrary to some statements like "360°" and "first VR game". VR support is not yet there, see here
  • Other bugs
    Some workarounds for bugs have been found as well, see there.
[/list]

If you should encounter a not yet mentioned issue, please start a new topic.
There is also a debug version available, which provides a more detailed logfile:
LuckyBoy wrote:For the other who are crashing quite often, could you please reproduce one or 2 crashes with this exe:
http://files.maniaplanet.com/debug_vers ... o_logs.zip

a) open your game install folder
b) make a copy of the original TrackmaniaTurbo.exe
c) extract TrackmaniaTurbo.exe into the game folder
d) launch until a game crash
e) zip and copy your crash logs here
(theses logs have more information)

Please note that this "exe with logs" is a bit slower than the original one.

Thanks
(source)

Note: the logfiles will be placed in your Windows documents -> Trackmania Turbo folder, either directly there or in subfolders logCrash and logGame.
Whitestar

Re: Known issues

Post by Whitestar »

Thanks for making this thread, TMarc.

The biggest issue for me right now (aside from not being able to use the controller) is that the accelerator/gaspedal seems to be constantly pressed down, so I can't adjust my speed properly. Do you know if there is a workaround? I'm assuming this will be fixed together with the rest of the gamepad issues?

Btw, I'm using a Dualshock 3 controller through the ScpToolkit (formerly ScpServer) XInput Wrapper: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolk ... r-Reloaded.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Did you use another pad before, and its driver is perhaps still there?
Otherwise, I fear it is the same issue as already reported, and here we need to wait for the patch.
harule

Post by harule »

I was bored, so I made a small steam guide on how to access the classic track editor. :P
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =652951289
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

harule wrote:I was bored, so I made a small steam guide on how to access the classic track editor. :P
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =652951289
cool man, thanks a lot :thumbsup:
Whitestar

Post by Whitestar »

Whitestar wrote:Thanks for making this thread, TMarc.

The biggest issue for me right now (aside from not being able to use the controller) is that the accelerator/gaspedal seems to be constantly pressed down, so I can't adjust my speed properly. Do you know if there is a workaround? I'm assuming this will be fixed together with the rest of the gamepad issues?

Btw, I'm using a Dualshock 3 controller through the ScpToolkit (formerly ScpServer) XInput Wrapper: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolk ... r-Reloaded.
Good news. I disconnected my Logitech G13 and had just my Dualshock 3 and normal keyboard connected. That got rid of the annoying stuck accelerator issue. So now I can at least play normally with a controller. :)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Whitestar wrote:Good news. I disconnected my Logitech G13 and had just my Dualshock 3 and normal keyboard connected. That got rid of the annoying stuck accelerator issue. So now I can at least play normally with a controller. :)
Interesting. :thumbsup:
The user I referred to above also had a G13, but was not using it.
But the still existing drivers mixed up Turbo, even with the G13 unplugged. I don't know if he had another controller.
SixelAlexiS

Post by SixelAlexiS »

In the Classic Editor (PC), if you press "enter" the game add a block in the map and don't go in "drive mode" like it should be.
franck70

Post by franck70 »

Very Nice , i unplugged my extrem 3d pro (use for flight simulator) and it works, accelerator always down with xbox pad is finished :pil ,big thanks Whitestar :thx:
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

CAM3 (bumper) revert to CAM2 (behind car) every map. Small bug but should be fixed (for CAM3 players).

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”