Quick fix

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

Re: Quick fix

Post by Soprah »

Hylis wrote:haha Miguel, good to see you, it's fun to see your posts about input of 3 years ago while you came back to say "cool it's done!" ^_^ :thx:
This really touched me. A developer knowing or rather remembering every single forum user of this forum. And then saying kind words in addition. Wow, my deep respect :thumbsup:

(If I understood it correctly that hylis is glad to see an old member coming back after 3 years and saying thanks? :) )
Ravager90

Post by Ravager90 »

Thank you for this. Thew new Camera Angle is awesome, the game feels so much better with it!
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Soprah wrote:
Hylis wrote:haha Miguel, good to see you, it's fun to see your posts about input of 3 years ago while you came back to say "cool it's done!" ^_^ :thx:
This really touched me. A developer knowing or rather remembering every single forum user of this forum. And then saying kind words in addition. Wow, my deep respect :thumbsup:

(If I understood it correctly that hylis is glad to see an old member coming back after 3 years and saying thanks? :) )
Yeah, that's why I love this community, even if I'm not really active here since years, I still play TM and MP sometimes, I love these games. It started in 2003 with the first TrackMania Beta, and most of the names I remember through years are still there (Demonaz, SadHik, Silicium, ...), we were a small community and we met IRL in LANs and TM events sometimes.

And in almost every beta-test I was, I asked about rear view and XInput support, so I had to thank Hylis and Nadeo for including it, even after years :thx:
Next step is to put it in ManiaPlanet too :p

To get back on topic, I tested this quick fix and my Xbox One Elite pad works perfectly, I could remap buttons the way I like it, use both triggers to drift, and now I get rumble, that's a bit weird at first because I never had it in TM, but it's great :3

One bug though :
- I remapped the "View" button to "Restart race" and put the "Music Booster" to "Y", and now when I accelerate the button prompt in the top left flickers and shows the "Y" button and the "B" key from the keyboard.
That's just visual, remapping works well.

EDIT :
Did more testing, after restarting the game the button showed for Music Booster went back to the "View" button, but the mapping was still mine, on "Y", thus, no more flickering, but wrong button prompt (default one instead of the mapped one).
Last edited by Miguel on 02 Apr 2016, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Etuldan

Post by Etuldan »

Useless patch for me (car which auto brakes and accelerate)
As I can't un-associate the "Z-Axis", "X-axis", and so one from my Nostromo, as they just didn't exist as hardware.

Just put a "unbind all actions" for gamepads and it will be (I hope) OK.
aspeta
Translator
Translator

Post by aspeta »

Binding options dissapeared for me :S :0010 :roflol:
https://gyazo.com/df8fb8c05fd74d4ba46de86beafa1b46

Edit: Nvm, just click in the device u wanna change binds
Last edited by aspeta on 02 Apr 2016, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

aspeta wrote:Binding options dissapeared for me :S :0010 :roflol:
https://gyazo.com/df8fb8c05fd74d4ba46de86beafa1b46
Click on the controller :p
mGuy

Post by mGuy »

Akbalder wrote:With the patched version, clicking on the undo and redo buttons in the classic editor doesn't work.
+1 , in previous version, those buttons were working, but shortcut "U" was not, also, space was not working for block placement, now those two things are working but undo and redo buttons are broken :(

Btw, I have some issues with uploading maps, sometimes it works with no problem and sometimes game freezes and I need to kill it. Idk if it's in my end or game bug. Anyone else have same issue ? :cry:
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Thanks for your hard work Hylis and Nadeo crew! :thumbsup: :thx:
Enjoying Turbo!

Springloading the car in Time Attack Stunts mode reminds me of good times from the old Motocross Madness series... I hope this is pre-cursor to a future Motocross TrackMania environment. *nudge nudge* :lol:

Thanks again! Can't wait for the additions to ManiaPlanet!
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

EDIT : this bug was fixed in public release of the patch.

I noticed that this version gave me some weird stutter, I use a 144 Hz GSync monitor, so I'm used to super-smooth gameplay, thus that stutter was clearly visible.

So I investigated as I noticed the frametimes and FPS were inconsistants, restored the release exe and there's clearly something wrong in this quick fix :

As you can see, frametimes took a hit and FPS is less stable.
Even with GSync I can see some weird stutter, even with 144 FPS, the game feels weird and not smooth at all.
Last edited by Miguel on 07 Apr 2016, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Zooz

Post by Zooz »

Hylis wrote:We have done a fix but pushing it to distribution would postpone it to next week (including the ability to have more tests done)

So, I am sorry to say that the best is to wait. But if some players would like to download it first to see, we have made the .exe available to download here.
Thank you Hylis! My controller acceleration issue appears to be fixed so I can actually play the game now :clap:
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”