TMT VR on Oculus, Htcvive and PlayStation VR on 8 November!

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

rat_in_car

Re: TMT VR on Oculus, Htcvive and PlayStation VR on 8 Novemb

Post by rat_in_car »

My Trackmania Turbo updates. I have no VR hardware but... any bugfixes and improvements for non-VR players in this version?
Miss

Post by Miss »

It last updated 13 days ago to fix this issue.

As for the VR update in itself, doesn't seem like there's that many improvements or bugfixes besides the implementation of VR, except possibly the rendering engine getting a little bit improved, and you can now put offzone in the Trackmania editor.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
mvv0105

Post by mvv0105 »

Miss wrote:you can now put offzone in the Trackmania editor.
100/10
MP4 HYPE
Miss

Post by Miss »

I doubt that offzone in TM is going to be in the MP4 UI, but okay. :P (Considering the entire VR update literally only adds VR and some VR-related rendering things, this seemed like an off-branch hacked-together update for Turbo), unless of course a bunch of that hacked-up code is merged back into MP4, which seems like a weird thing, judging by some of the class names..
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
isamu

Post by isamu »

I will be trying out the game in my Oculus Rift when I get home in a few hours. Before that I must ask why didn't Nadeo simply port the whole game to VR and allow us to play ALL existing and usermade tracks in VR? Why restrict it to only 40 tracks? Also why now allow us to race exclusively in first person view? Being forced to watch our car from behind in third person view is unfair, breaks immersion and really defeats the purpose of driving a car in virtual reality.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

The goal is to prevent people from getting sick of trying to find the best way to not being sick: cameras & maps have then been adapted to help this. If we have said to people to find the right moment in the maps that makes them less sick, the right places where first person is really of value, then they would have to become sick to know. And of course, we know that some people can tolerate more, but it's less in the spirit of Turbo to put a motion sickness level where you would have to stop when it becomes tro much. And I hope you will appreciate nonetheless ;)
Miss

Post by Miss »

Hylis wrote:The goal is to prevent people from getting sick of trying to find the best way to not being sick: cameras & maps have then been adapted to help this. If we have said to people to find the right moment in the maps that makes them less sick, the right places where first person is really of value, then they would have to become sick to know. And of course, we know that some people can tolerate more, but it's less in the spirit of Turbo to put a motion sickness level where you would have to stop when it becomes tro much. And I hope you will appreciate nonetheless ;)
And this is a very good thing, because it shows that the developer knows how the VR platform works. :thumbsup:
I also stream and tweet.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Hylis wrote:The goal is to prevent people from getting sick of trying to find the best way to not being sick: cameras & maps have then been adapted to help this. If we have said to people to find the right moment in the maps that makes them less sick, the right places where first person is really of value, then they would have to become sick to know. And of course, we know that some people can tolerate more, but it's less in the spirit of Turbo to put a motion sickness level where you would have to stop when it becomes tro much. And I hope you will appreciate nonetheless ;)
Thanks for the reply Hylis. I understand your point and it's a fair one. But if it's at all possible, can you PLEASE consider giving the player the option to play in first person view in VR? I just tried the VR mode and I really cannot stand playing in the behind the camera view, it's making me sick/nauseous. Feels too unnatural :(
xzor

Re: TMT VR on Oculus, Htcvive and PlayStation VR on 8 November!

Post by xzor »

Hey wuzzup any update here? Are you guys planning to make VR accessible on all custom maps, and maybe even allow players to change the camera setting as it was before 1,2,3 but in VR? Thank you.
jhs

Re: TMT VR on Oculus, Htcvive and PlayStation VR on 8 November!

Post by jhs »

Will be supported new VR devices in now released wave Windows Mixed Reality (Acer, HP, Dell,Lenovo, Samsung)??

Thx for answer.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”