New Trackmania Turbo Track Explorer

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

papoms

New Trackmania Turbo Track Explorer

Post by papoms »

Hey there,

i got frustrated with the official maps list and compiled my own database of user generated tracks. My goal was to find popular tracks (as in most played or best rated) to play on my ps4. Since toffe shutdown the tmturbo-exchange.com i went ahead and build a simpler version allowing me to apply filters and sort by plays and ratings.

Thought maybe you find this useful: https://papoms.github.io/trackexplorer/

Best Paul
Alinoa

Re: New Trackmania Turbo Track Explorer

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Paul :)

Thank you for the version and the sharing on forums ^_^
You are welcome to write a post on the Ubisoft forums: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/ ... yStation-4
If you can't post on Turbo forums, please tell me and I will quote your message ;)

Kind regards :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
GKRacer

Post by GKRacer »

Wait, there was a "TMTurbo Exchange" platform at the time? And why did it shut down? :shock:

EDIT: nvm, I just found out...
Last edited by GKRacer on 18 Nov 2016, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
darmaya

Post by darmaya »

Very good work.
At least, someone care of consolles... :clap:

As i suggested to Toffe, you could save daily snapsot of few relevants data
(number of maps, number of players, etc), just to have an index of number of maps added, tracks plays, etc.
Maybe someone could do the same on pc and xbox, and finally we will have an idea of what is happening in the Turbo world, potentially a wider Community to reach.
But nobody seems to care ...
papoms

Post by papoms »

Alinoa wrote:PlayStation-4[/url]
If you can't post on Turbo forums, please tell me and I will quote your message ;)
Hey, go ahead ;)
papoms

Post by papoms »

darmaya wrote:Very good work.
As i suggested to Toffe, you could save daily snapsot of few relevants data
(number of maps, number of players, etc), just to have an index of number of maps added, tracks plays, etc.
Maybe someone could do the same on pc and xbox, and finally we will have an idea of what is happening in the Turbo world, potentially a wider Community to reach.
But nobody seems to care ...
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it puzzles me why the official track website does not do that (nor does the ingame explorer). All the Data is available there but no options to sort by anything relevant. Anyways i was thinking about the same functions you suggest, to show things like movers and shakers. The cool thing with the current Version is i neither need a Server (hosted at github) nor a Database (Google docs, link in the FAQ btw) so this can easily live on without any efforts (despite updating the data from time to time). Adding PC and Xbox should not be a Problem, i'll probably just gather the data over the weekend.

That all said, lets just see if this builds some traction and people actually use it before i start adding features no one wants ;-)
papoms

Post by papoms »

Update 2016-11-21:
- Tracks for all platforms (ps4, xb1, pc)
- Find trending tracks with sort option "most played (recently)". Currently PS4 only since i did not have old data for xb and pc. I found some real gems looking at the recently played tracks.. seems promising
Miss

Post by Miss »

Noticed something: "Add to favorites" links to PS4 page instead of PC page, while "Open" link is correct.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
papoms

Post by papoms »

Miss wrote:Noticed something: "Add to favorites" links to PS4 page instead of PC page, while "Open" link is correct.
Good catch, thank! Fixed now.
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Thanks for the features, great work :thumbsup:

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”