Trackmania Turbo on the Switch?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Filipe1020

Trackmania Turbo on the Switch?

Post by Filipe1020 »

The Switch runs on a Nvidia integrated platform, so I thought it would be pretty cool to see a Switch version of TM Turbo, it might not look as good as the PS4 and Xbox One versions, but hey, being able to play a HD Trackmania title on the go would be awesome, atleast I see plenty of potential for this! :D

And also it could use the integration between consoles to play on the go like some sort of LAN multiplayer, or use the Joycons separately on a splitscreen mode or double driver, would be a lot of fun.
tcq

Re: Trackmania Turbo on the Switch?

Post by tcq »

Already asked this in this thread, never got an answer. I think we might get one, once there is vulcan (maybe in the next few years, maybe never) support for Maniaplanet.
tcq wrote:
Hylis wrote:Vulkan: we are working on it but can't not say when or if we will release it. We would like to do it, of course.
Thank you very much for this answer. It gets my hopes high and I'm looking forward to it and would love to see an implementation to allow maniaplanet on linux. And of course, Vulcan would allow to port mania planet quite easily to the Nintendo Switch as it is supporting the Vulcan API :D
Hylis wrote:Of course, we would be closer to support linux since we already have the dedicated servers on linux that runs all of our engine but graphics & audio.
So I'm quite optimistic that maybe one day, we will get a version for the switch.
Have one preordered, took vacation for 03.03.2017 and am waiting for Breath of the Wild :)
Miss

Re: Trackmania Turbo on the Switch?

Post by Miss »

Randomly had this thought just now and I'm glad I'm not the only one :P It'd be perfect fit!
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”