Incorrect Ranking Problem / Profile Desync?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

edk

Incorrect Ranking Problem / Profile Desync?

Post by edk »

Hey Mania Community and Nadeo. I recently felt like playing TM after some time away. I fired up Turbo this week and think the ranking is not working properly for my profile.

It says I'm rank 65 World, 3rd US, and 2nd California (in-game). (Ubisoft site shows 64 world, 2nd US
However, I have 1st US on 149 of the first 170 tracks and 168 total 1st US on all 200.

Perhaps my profile is desynced from initially playing the demo before buying the full game? Is there a chance you guys could check this out please? I would really appreciate it. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but it does give me incremental reasons to keep trying on tracks. Big thanks! (I've read of other's profiles not working properly until it was manually fixed, sorry to be such a pain.)

I think if the game were using the MP ladder internally then someone would have to have more 1st places in US on most of the earlier tracks. For example I have 1st US on the first 34/40 tracks which would be worth more than all other tracks combined. Most of the ones I don't have 1st place on are in the last tier.

Or is there some other factor in the rankings? Like, does it include double driver mode for an overall ranking? Thanks again.
Alinoa

Re: Incorrect Ranking Problem / Profile Desync?

Post by Alinoa »

Hi edk ^_^

What is your account login and on which platform do you play Trackmania Turbo?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
edk

Post by edk »

Alinoa wrote: 28 Apr 2017, 09:21 Hi edk ^_^

What is your account login and on which platform do you play Trackmania Turbo?
Hey, thanks!

I play on PC from Uplay and the login is "Bloodsho7" (this is the original Uplay login, but I did change the name to "edkmania").
aspeta
Translator
Translator

Post by aspeta »

This is a known old issue. 1st world ranked gets 2nd when booting the game, but after playing an online/solo map you get that +1 rank position, which is weird. So basically whenever you boot the game you will be (rank-1) .
Image Image
edk

Post by edk »

aspeta wrote: 01 May 2017, 12:13 This is a known old issue. 1st world ranked gets 2nd when booting the game, but after playing an online/solo map you get that +1 rank position, which is weird. So basically whenever you boot the game you will be (rank-1) .
It doesn't matter how many tracks I play, the ranking doesn't change in-game. Sometimes it displays different numbers as well. Yesterday I was overall world rank 26, then 41, then 65, then 60, then 61. US rank stays at 3 despite having the overwhelming majority of all the rank 1 US times. California stays at rank 2, despite having all but a couple rank 1s (out of all 200 tracks).

If the game uses the Maniaplanet ladder internally, then I would have to be much more behind in terms of ranks on tracks (because higher ranks are worth more points). That's not mathematically possible given the amount of rank 1s I have for US (34 of the first 40, the other six I have rank 2 but only by a small margin, nowhere near enough to be behind on points overall, and inbetween 150-160 out of 200 total.)

I don't really mind what rank I am, if it's first, second, or 547th, or whatever, but it would appear there's something wrong with my profile.
aspeta
Translator
Translator

Post by aspeta »

Then that´s a new thig i guess :) . But really, nobody knows how the ladder system works on turbo besides it is a mixture between multiplayer level(not sure if it works with lps too) and solo campaign.
Image Image
Godzilla2401

Post by Godzilla2401 »

I think I'm currently experiencing a similar issue. My ranking improves when playing in a certain room and the progress is shown in the right upper corner. But as soon as I leave the room my ranking is reseted to the status is was before I started playing. And it always resets me to the same ranking position what is absolutely wired.

Is there a solution for this issue? I'm playing on Xbox One and my in-game name is the same like my user name here in this forum.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

This issue has been fixed however you will see your ladder and echelon displayed as it should be next week.

Kind regards and thank you for your report :)
Alinoa
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”