New statistics

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

rat_in_car

New statistics

Post by rat_in_car »

I decided to play TMTurbo after long time.
Well, I didn't play so long because lack of servers (only one or two with Nadeo only maps and 2-3 players).

Maybe someone remember this topic: viewtopic.php?f=524&t=37915
I created few procedures to extract informations from websites and made that statistics.

Now some more statistics:
If my calculations are good, there is over 41000 maps created by over 8900 users. That is a lot of hard work!
It's over 140 days of constant playing 24/7 (5 minutes per map). And so many users created their maps.
And almost all of them was created, unfortunatelly, for author view only, because nobody play TMT.

Sad that I was right and whole idea of servers created inside game without any restrictions by anyone is not working. Or is working as I expected - instead of good servers with thousand maps we have thousand servers with one map. And no possibility to use any filters to limit servers with one map only or servers with nadeo maps only.
Miss

Re: New statistics

Post by Miss »

You might be playing on the wrong servers. I've played on servers in Turbo (on PC) in the last few weeks where there were a lot of different maps, and it's usually on the same servers. So it's not too different from MP4.

It's probably just the lack of players that is causing this view though.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

Lack of players means something is wrong with game.

There is no possibility to filter servers with a) more than 10 maps, b) without Nadeo maps etc. And spending hours by clicking every server in game only to find out that it contains only one map, is pointless. I spend once about 20 minutes clicking on servers one by one to find anything interesting and I failed - looks like every player wants to have his own "server" instead of support someone else and creates really good one. So "one map servers" with no players are probably 98% of servers in TMT. Bad game design.
Miss

Post by Miss »

That's not a result of the game design though, that's just a result of a lack of players. I'm not sure you can blame lack of players on the fact that there are so many 1-map-servers, either.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

Why not? I still play Trackmania Island because my favorite server with players. I liked Lagoon in TMT, but since there is no players, I don't want to play alone online. There are many situations where players plays only when other players are present on server, because most of players choose servers full of people, not empty ones. So yes - basically I think that game has really bad ideas about that server management and that causes problems in this very nice game.

Before TMT if you want to create server, you had to have some experience and knowledge, so players mostly choose servers made by experienced users. Now everyone can create "server" by just one click. And that is really BAD. That makes quality of that servers very low. And without filters it's impossible to find one of thousand which is good.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”