Turbo as a Maniaplanet Add on.

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

mooseman2099

Turbo as a Maniaplanet Add on.

Post by mooseman2099 »

As Trackmania Turbo is an old game now and has received all the buyers it will get. Okay there maybe a slight interest in the release of Trackmania stadium. Cant see it been many now its had its day. Love being cheeky.

My point is will or could Nadeo be willing to place the Turbo game on to the ManiaPlanet Franchise, so I can buy it for that. Its not really a game I would buy as a stand alone game as its limited in the franchise set up.(I know reasoning behind the game, but read my point). I want to buy it now as a add on. Not as a stadium knock off MOD).

Go Nadeo :thumbsup:
Miss

Re: Turbo as a Maniaplanet Add on.

Post by Miss »

mooseman2099 wrote: 08 May 2020, 15:17 As Trackmania Turbo is an old game now and has received all the buyers it will get.
Starting off with a massive bold assumption here.. :D

Anyway, I don't think this will ever happen, it'd mean re-releasing a game on another platform and asking money for it, again, with very little benefit. They'd have to tweak the menus to use the Maniaplanet accounts etc etc. So even if your argument is "free for Turbo owners" then it's still financially probably not worth the effort.

But that's just my opinion :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

I didn't mean they will not sell more of the game :roflol:
That is to say sales will be of a lesser selling point at this stage. Until Nadeo sell a new game example, The new game may influence a new lets try that Turbo. ;)

That's a shame that NADEO could not tag the game to the little boxes some how. Where you select the game you want to play.
It would be nice to have seen the full franchise in one place. They have a great set of games in there collection so far.

Players who already have it. They could have just added the short cut to the franchise.
You are the programmers guys. I am just a noob who knows nothing of that. It was just a thought for more income.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

It does not really make sense, as Turbo has a different target audience - the console players,
and because the original titles are already there in Maniaplanet.

Besides this, it was also told that it is some legal and licensing issue.
Turbo is a pure Ubisoft product, supported by Nadeo, but not entirely done by Nadeo.

Hence Nadeo cannot just take it and put it into Maniaplanet.
They would need extra effort, and since they are heavily working on the new game, they probably won't modify anything in the existing Maniaplanet for it at the moment.

Just sit and wait for the new game, and see what Nadeo does then...

You can be sure that they have sales expert, and if they are not with Nadeo, they are with Ubisoft. ;)
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

That seems to be explained very well. Didn't see the licencing thing, between the two companies.

Thanks for explaining.
Sandhawk

Post by Sandhawk »

TMarc wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:17 It does not really make sense, as Turbo has a different target audience - the console players
I do not agree with this. I am a PC player and I like Trackmania Turbo more than Maniaplanet. But I agree that releasing this game as a title pack MP is a strange idea. :)
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

The reason I would not buy the game as a high priced game as turbo is. Lets not forget its a console game, but as a Maniaplanet game would be a delightful add on. Like the others.

The licencing as described by Tmarc tells me Nadeo has no say in the matter. Its down to UBIsoft and maybe Nadeo to collaborate in such matters.
I know a few people who would buy this game as an add on(Lagoon, Stadium, Canyon), so that was my main ask.

The game is also limited as people keep saying(console). But I feel looks more polished. PC games have always been get out now, fix later.
The pricing always tells me this in some games and rightly so.

Slight subject change- DLC market is the biggest con on PC, but I do dabble in one game using DLC myself Galactic Civ 3 is a blessing.

VR is a costly item as 3D was in TV(I bought this and loved it) and if not changed will die as a fad. Sorry but I am not paying £600/£1000. RIP.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”