Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

aprror

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by aprror » 21 Mar 2017, 23:26

For SM: cannons and some ultra powered, map based, fixed weapons (like artillery weapons) and cars with guns. Please add the capability of killing players by running over them with the cars :twisted: and melee weapons (like an electrical blade). :D
Oh yeah, guns in the cars would be cool :thumbsup:

When you go to the car, could get inside view (steering wheel and panel, etc). Something like:
http://www.androidpolice.com/wp-content ... 2cee_2.jpg
http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/upl ... co_011.jpg

Then something like 2-3 main cars, each car has unique gun for the car.
http://motrist.com/images/posts/2/041/2041_m.jpg

Small blockset to create roads, street parts, jumps, etc
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 842989.jpg

Could add the car to the map like blocks. Pick car from the blocklist, insert and ready

BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy » 23 Mar 2017, 20:59

I have to admit I haven't read all the topic but one main feature that SM players want is:
ANTICHEAT SYSTEM that actually works and bans cheaters without 3 warnings.
Edvards "iBlack" Stasaitis

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Asus RX470 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard: GygaByte Z170

meuh21

Post by meuh21 » 24 Mar 2017, 14:21

A "hole" block. So we can integrate items "block spirit" easily and with a much better quality for the game and the lightmap :

With this old item not released yet, we can see if i don't want flickering textures I can't "go back" soil level with my item (so i have to put hills for example but it's more complicated and less quality because of "hard" transition between hill and my item). It's not not good also for lightmap (many issues in big map with items under the soil like "skiing" maps). We can also put this kind of items just under water (to have a level under soil) but it's not good for game optimisation i guess.

Solution is to have a "hole block" then we can put above the hole a item with for example a grass texture side and it will fit perfectly.
meuh21 wrote:
06 Jun 2015, 13:25
And could be very useful to have a simple "hole block" in Valley (and maybe Stadium also) to make underground item. For example to make a crater (could be very useful for Moon project).
OS : Windows 7 Édition Familiale Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

SoraTWE

Post by SoraTWE » 05 Apr 2017, 16:19

I also thought about some things :

- having the actual rearview and that TM Turbo rearview both as a choice,the TM Turbo rearview isn't so good in competitions,if you want to take a closer look,how much behind your opponent is.
- maybe setting the lowpoly carlimit up from 4250 vertices to 5000 ?
This would make it a bit easier reaching quality also for the lowpoly while importing own stuff.
ImageImage

ManiaDesign

Post by ManiaDesign » 05 Apr 2017, 17:21

meuh21 wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 14:21
A "hole" block. So we can integrate items "block spirit" easily and with a much better quality for the game and the lightmap :

With this old item not released yet, we can see if i don't want flickering textures I can't "go back" soil level with my item (so i have to put hills for example but it's more complicated and less quality because of "hard" transition between hill and my item). It's not not good also for lightmap (many issues in big map with items under the soil like "skiing" maps). We can also put this kind of items just under water (to have a level under soil) but it's not good for game optimisation i guess.

Solution is to have a "hole block" then we can put above the hole a item with for example a grass texture side and it will fit perfectly.
meuh21 wrote:
06 Jun 2015, 13:25
And could be very useful to have a simple "hole block" in Valley (and maybe Stadium also) to make underground item. For example to make a crater (could be very useful for Moon project).
+1 I need it for my sm blocks :OOOOOOO

aprror

Post by aprror » 18 Apr 2017, 23:34

# Block resizer:

With mouse wheel could resize block bigger or smaller.

It could work like, when you are in the editor and you select a block, pressing key and using mouse wheel you can resize it.
The block looks like it zooms in and out and can adjust the size, then place the block

In SM it would be good for castle blocks, in TM maybe for making narrow roads wider, etc

# Skins / Custom skins

- Big variety of skins.
For example different toned metal walls, house textures for castle blocks, etc...

- Custom skins,
Could add your own jpg and use it for skin. Included in the map file to certain size
Maybe could add url links, so you can use more than the map file size allows

# SM / Stamina:

The run speed would increase unlimited. Could bump up very fast speed with some tricks

Ok, thx bye!

Return to “Announcements”