Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Machre113
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 00:13

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by Machre113 » 02 May 2014, 06:25

Question!!!

Is the blockmixing in this? And, if so, how to use?

User avatar
UrinStein
Posts: 304
Joined: 29 Feb 2012, 12:18
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by UrinStein » 02 May 2014, 06:26

Machre113 wrote:Question!!!

Is the blockmixing in this? And, if so, how to use?
Click on the hammer (advanced options) and choose the last option which is the experimental features. The rest is explained there.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English

User avatar
fastforza
Posts: 859
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:19
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by fastforza » 02 May 2014, 09:15

Great to see the update Nadeo! All the more reason to get back into the game! :pil
Mania Exchange - Share your maps!

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

Need technical help for ManiaPlanet? Click here. :)

rat_in_car
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:12
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by rat_in_car » 02 May 2014, 13:49

LOL, my game quits into Windows by itself, no reason, while playing (3 times!)

Where is list of BUGFIXES in this update? What about most annoying bugs like micro-freezes?

Why you never listen to users? We report bugs for nothing as I see. Instead of fixing bugs, you made new ones. Shame.

User avatar
Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 4454
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:55
Location: France, Paris
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by Alinoa » 02 May 2014, 17:06

Rhoo that's a bad news Rat_in_car :(

You can find the changelogs here and please keep on using the report forums to post your crashes and specify when having crashes.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15017
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by TMarc » 02 May 2014, 17:12

Hylis wrote:We have just made an update for what seemed to be the cause of multiple crashed. It was hard to find and we can not say that it fixed everything. Do not hesitate to tell us if it has solved your regular crash or not. :thx:
(source)
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Regarding the micro-freezes... I don't know, some performance improvements have been done, but not sure if they are fixed.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

User avatar
spikeballthehedgehog
Posts: 253
Joined: 08 Oct 2011, 15:51
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by spikeballthehedgehog » 02 May 2014, 19:50

Optimizations: CPU & GPU
Can you please explain in a little more detail this CPU/GPU optimizations as I'm VERY interested to know!

Other than that I'm LOVING the new update! :yes:
Image
Image
Image

rat_in_car
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:12
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by rat_in_car » 02 May 2014, 19:53

Can you explain me, after SO MANY MONTHS, how can I proper locate FxCameraMap?

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 27&t=14671

And that micro freezes... I have now really fast computer (processor, ram, gfx card, everything) and still game can freeze when someone join server.

Damn, it's pointless to report ANY bugs imho. Why should I report any bug if nobody read that? Where is list of all bugs already reported and waiting for fix? I wonder if someone at least have list of bugs "to repair" - for example "FxCameraMap - bug - unable to use for online or even offline for other players because this function does not support locators - reported by Rat - priority -128 - repair after 5 years or wait until Rat stops reporting that".

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15017
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by TMarc » 02 May 2014, 21:12

One possible explication for micro-freezes at connection of players you can see here.
Apparently it can also be the problem with server controller scripts done by the community, and not necessarily the fault of Nadeo.

Regarding FxCameraMap, apparently all MT users have forgotten it (since it's apparently of no good use due to the bug), but effectively no one else ever mentioned it again.
The bug reports are split across the forum in different places (related to the individual beta sessions we have had with ManiaPlanet since then), but it was not a topic during the closed beta.
The priority for that seems to be very low, and is always getting repriorized by the actual development.

As soon as Hylis creates a new whishlist thread, you might post your bug report reminder there,
but please, don't take it personally, and also don't always do as if it was the most important bug to fix.
Of course it is important for you, but if only you do care of it, the chance to get it fixed is getting lower and lower. ;)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

rat_in_car
Posts: 551
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:12
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 3 Released!

Post by rat_in_car » 02 May 2014, 22:37

TMarc wrote:The bug reports are split across the forum in different places
And, as I understand, it is not what I was talking about few times at least? Is not our fault that this forum has MUCH too many sections and nobody follow them.

I don't want to write in any stupid new wishlist sections, new bug reporting sections or other fake sections. This is not our job to remind few times about the same bugs. Nadeo should made ONE LIST and stop creating new useless topics.
TMarc wrote:Apparently it (micro-freezes - Rat) can also be the problem with server controller scripts done by the community, and not necessarily the fault of Nadeo.
Every controller scripts can ONLY made what gameserver allows. Community can write controller scripts but all that they can use is listed in ListMethods.html file attached to gameserver archive. Write ANYTHING on chat, even using external software, cannot made freezes of any kind if gameserver has no bugs. Again you don't know what are you talkng about, you guessing and answers INSTEAD of someone who should answer here.

Please, stop answer my questions (I'm requesting this SO MANY F... TIMES!) because someone from Nadeo (for example) who can made real answer, can assume that answer is not needed, because TMarc answered me (and I don't even think that they read what you're typing - answer is answer). I need answer, but not yours. I preferred someone who knows something about what really happens with this game.

Post Reply

Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest