Post by MrA »

Hylis wrote:Leave Royal Alone!!! :roflol:
Google translate has really improved :lol:

Edit: And thx for royal :thx:
Enjoying TMOne
bobbotheclown

Re: Hello Planet #4

Post by bobbotheclown »

does something like the stadium platform title pack really need its own entire title?

theres no campaign, theres no tracks bundled with it. its just blocks.

like i understand titles are great, but that pack is really an example of what i think should just be bundled with tracks rather than have its own entire title pack.
roughly translated: the book of the dead.
nicexe

Post by nicexe »

I noticed that Steam automatically updated TrackMania Stadium today so I went to see whats new. I saw the Hello Planet #4 entry and I thought "Cool I can maybe play Canyon or Storm at some time".
When I launched the game I saw the added panels. I tried to load Canyon and a pop-up said that the game needs to be restarted to do that. I clicked the appropriate button and the game closed... but... it didn't open again!

I tried this several times and I got the same behavior the game is closing instead of restarting. I don't know if this is a Steam-version-only problem.
bobbotheclown

Post by bobbotheclown »

nicexe wrote:I noticed that Steam automatically updated TrackMania Stadium today so I went to see whats new. I saw the Hello Planet #4 entry and I thought "Cool I can maybe play Canyon or Storm at some time".
When I launched the game I saw the added panels. I tried to load Canyon and a pop-up said that the game needs to be restarted to do that. I clicked the appropriate button and the game closed... but... it didn't open again!

I tried this several times and I got the same behavior the game is closing instead of restarting. I don't know if this is a Steam-version-only problem.
it is an issue with the steam versions. i had the same issue when maniaplanet 3 came out. but thankfully nadeo allows us to download the game outside of steam.

https://player.maniaplanet.com/account/downloads
roughly translated: the book of the dead.
jar009

Post by jar009 »

well a new enviroment on tm² could do some wonders as I know many tm² players went back to tmu due to the lack of enviroments (I'm one of them)

more enviroments means you'll get an even bigger audience wich makes the game more popular once again.

and with a new enviroment I don't mean enhacing an old one and just implent it like they did with stadium... thats not a new enviroment imo.... they just enhanced the basic files... placed them on a better engine and released it....

no. they should make a new enviroment but a real one.

this will lure people to play this game because it is innovative and unique!

lolig
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Regarding the suggestion of a new environment:

It would be awesome indeed, but it wouldn't be the most appropiate solution I personally think. I would rather suggest to provide more and more updates such as new blocks/object (smaller updates would be perfect) for the already existing ones instead of creating a whole new environment.

It wouldn't make sense for the customers to buy always a new environment if they won't be supported anymore. Yes, there are and will be still supported ( As the canyon update proves or the various features for TM within the MP3 Update such as rewriting all modes in script etc ) but focusing on already existing environment would be firstly less time (Updates do not require as much time as developing a whole new environment ). Secondly, it would create the feeling for the customers like ''Hey, it wasn't worthless to buy this environment because there are new cool updates to play with''. Nobody likes to buy a game (in this case: an environment) which won't be supported of the developers anymore - at least in my opinion.

A further example why publishing only new environment isn't the proper solution: Take a look at valley. Valley was (and still is) probably the most exciting, interesting environment with it's outstanding graphics and car physiques which Nadeo ever released but it wasn't a success on long term because there aren't (specially for valley e.g. in form of new blocks) any updates. For a few years I am only playing Shootmania and tried Valley for a few weeks, so I don't know how many people are still playing Valley regulary. A couple times in the week I take a look at the amount of players in each titlepack (by looking in the store) and there is a regular playerbase of 60-90 in valley. The demo shall face the issue of a low playerbase in titlepacks, but when the hype is gone, the playerbase will be nearly the same. Developers have to ''refresh'' the hype of any game/environment by publishing new content within updates.

However, Nadeo already announced somewhere in the forum that they are going to release their next big thing related to Trackmania early next year, I can't wait :)

Best greetings,
Soprah

P.S.: Although I am a SM guy now, I would really like to see more updates for the trackmania community in form of new blocks etc. Tools are great though but the community section who uses such complex tools like the maniascript isn't as big as the community section who only wants to create maps with new blocks/objects.
P.S²: I am not negative or want to teach you in ''developing'' (I am not in the position of doing that because you are the pros), that's just my criticism ^.^
novationx

Post by novationx »

They just released the demo, now people ask for an environment^^
I feel sorry for NADEO^^ I think they are working very hard haha.

Ofc a new environment would be cool :p
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

As long as the community is not able to create a new title with everything that goes with it (every texture, every menu, placeable blocks that stick to the grid and have the usual properties like start/spawn/multilap/checkpoint/finish/goal, new car/player model physics etc.) Nadeo still has to show how this all works.
Either by providing "perfect" titles, or by continuously improving the current tool set.
After all they already have some tools, but I'm wondering how many of them are open source or freeware,
or how much of the necessary tool are still missing - to be used by the community.

The question is also there if Nadeo really wants to make ManiaPlanet completely moddable/editable.
The universal demo system is perhaps one of the steps in this direction.
novationx

Post by novationx »

TMarc wrote:As long as the community is not able to create a new title with everything that goes with it (every texture, every menu, placeable blocks that stick to the grid and have the usual properties like start/spawn/multilap/checkpoint/finish/goal, new car/player model physics etc.) Nadeo still has to show how this all works.
Either by providing "perfect" titles, or by continuously improving the current tool set.
After all they already have some tools, but I'm wondering how many of them are open source or freeware,
or how much of the necessary tool are still missing - to be used by the community.

The question is also there if Nadeo really wants to make ManiaPlanet completely moddable/editable.
The universal demo system is perhaps one of the steps in this direction.

as of now u can create weapons, actions(moves)... but 1 thing is missing
--> HUD customization

I would like to have visual effects when something happens ingame.

example : U pick up a stamina-booster ( u have now more stamina ) ---> visual effect of a growing stamina bar in the hud.

If these things would be possible I think we can almost create everything.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

novationx wrote:as of now u can create weapons, actions(moves)... but 1 thing is missing
--> HUD customization
I would like to have visual effects when something happens ingame.
example : U pick up a stamina-booster ( u have now more stamina ) ---> visual effect of a growing stamina bar in the hud.
the UI part is already possible
what's not possible is the way easier part: the stamina boost
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

Return to “Announcements”