Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

azarta

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by azarta »

Hello, I am writing to share my ideas for possible updates on the game trackmania 2 (sorry for faults, I use google translation).
For the solo, my ideas are to add modes that will be in all titles (except special titles like platform and stunt)
Fun modes.
An "inverse" or "reverse" mode: you exchange the beginning with the end and the end with the beginning, it is the same map as the "normal", if the map is impossible, and we add platforms without too much ease level.
A "chekpointless" mode: all checkpoints are removed, the player must find the shortest route (it can be new levels, normal levels or reverse levels).
Technical modes.
A stunt mode (already used in trackmania forever): these are not levels of speed (even if it takes a limited time), depending on the figure, its difficulty and landing, you gain more or fewer points, being to have the most.
A platform mode: it is the same as the title "platform"; but by adding a time for the scores to be possible. Of the puzzle (already used in trackmania forever): it is a map with little space, where with platforms that you have chosen, one must connect all the checkpoints by the fastest route.
The bonus modes.
A seasonal mode: The scenery changes according to the real seasons, why not also the day that pass, the maps could the same seasons where to change each season.
An inter-dimensional mode: in these maps you start with a title (ex: Canyon), then you pass a portal where you see through following the title to which you are and once passed the portal, you are in another title (eg Stadium).
In solo, on the menu where you choose the levels, it would be nice to see the levels at which players play and when several players play on the same solo level, they can see the car of other players, we could also talk to each other. When a player improves his score, all players playing in the same solo game receive a message indicating the player's new score and also his position. It would be nice to have several music in a single title or create a variation of the music.
Improved keys.
The key used to see or not see the nickname of the players could also be used to see or not to see the cars of the players (solo and multi).

Multiplayer.
Adding a server "Nadeo" where all the players can put their map, no player would manage this server, impossible to choose the next circuit, but possibility to start again or to pass the circuit by paying manias.
thank for you back
SoraTWE

Post by SoraTWE »

thx for implementing the old rearview,but is it meant to see the ProjShad from the car ?
the rearview without seeing the cockpit and the carshadow would be great :)

-favorite serverlist sooner or later would be cool

for modders :
> without model.pack.gbx in your custom cars' .zip you can't choose the custom car in replay editor.
The 3 qualities MainBodyVeryHigh.Gbx,MainBodyHigh.Gbx and MainBody.Gbx,which nadeoimporter is creating by itself at 3d model importing,are enough to see the car in car selection and drive it on/offline,but for editors as said it doesn't show up.
May you can make here the creation of the model.pack.gbx unnecessary,by implementing custom cars created with the 3 qualities also for editor..

also at the moment somehow package creation in MP menu>options >edit packs ,doesnt work (package creation wasn't succesful error),so
no chance to create a model.pack.gbx as a carimporter..
(I use this since years,I know how to use it..others have also the problem,so my own fault it isn't..)

see ? on one hand you can't choose the car in replay editor because of missing model.pack.gbx,but you can't even create model.pack.gbx..
may you can fix also this atleast ?
DocMe4ik

Post by DocMe4ik »

i wish only one. Back please some finish bugs!!!! because with that game is more intresting and exciting!!!
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

DocMe4ik wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 17:44 i wish only one. Back please some finish bugs!!!! because with that game is more intresting and exciting!!!
I understand, that some maps are broken now, but why should a developer include bugs? The game was never intended to have such bugs and it was never the plan by nadeo, I'm sure. Bugs need to be fixed
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
DocMe4ik

Post by DocMe4ik »

Then why did not you fix them in Tmuf and tmnf.???? Many players like this bugs and they are playing more in tmnf than tm2!!! and this is not such a global bug that prevents the game at all!!!
DocMe4ik

Post by DocMe4ik »

ManiaDesign wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 18:30
DocMe4ik wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 17:44 i wish only one. Back please some finish bugs!!!! because with that game is more intresting and exciting!!!
I understand, that some maps are broken now, but why should a developer include bugs? The game was never intended to have such bugs and it was never the plan by nadeo, I'm sure. Bugs need to be fixed
Then why did not you fix them in Tmuf and tmnf.???? Many players like this bugs and they are playing more in tmnf than tm2!!! and this is not such a global bug that prevents the game at all!!!
DocMe4ik

Post by DocMe4ik »

"Bugs need to be fixed" Okay fix it in TMUF as soon as possible and you will see reaction of many users and activity on the servers!
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

DocMe4ik wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 19:00 "Bugs need to be fixed" Okay fix it in TMUF as soon as possible and you will see reaction of many users and activity on the servers!
TMUF/TMNF is done and I think the last update is already 7 years old.. TM2 will have a never-ending development, so it's not such a standalone game. ManiaPlanet and it's games are a developer- and gamer-platform and all bugs are supposed to be fixed. There are two parts, the devs and the players. The devs want to fix all bugs, the players sometimes want to keep them. In this case, the player has to accept the changes, as the developers are doing their work in that way, how they want it, without bugs.
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Miss

Post by Miss »

Wtf is a "finish bug"? :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
DocMe4ik

Post by DocMe4ik »

ManiaDesign wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 19:15
DocMe4ik wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 19:00 "Bugs need to be fixed" Okay fix it in TMUF as soon as possible and you will see reaction of many users and activity on the servers!
TMUF/TMNF is done and I think the last update is already 7 years old.. TM2 will have a never-ending development, so it's not such a standalone game. ManiaPlanet and it's games are a developer- and gamer-platform and all bugs are supposed to be fixed. There are two parts, the devs and the players. The devs want to fix all bugs, the players sometimes want to keep them. In this case, the player has to accept the changes, as the developers are doing their work in that way, how they want it, without bugs.
Ok, then what prevents you from creating two variants of the game? one game with bugs at the request of players? and another game for your own convictions? I paid for this game in which there were bugs and I liked them! why do not you give me the right to choose? I paid for that game with bugs I have the right to play that game with those bugs!!!

Return to “Announcements”