Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by TMarc »

Basically it would be great to have larger maps.
But please keep in mind that map dimensions are cubic, and an enlargement by 5 actually means maps of 160x160x160 or even 320x320x320 blocks.
This would also require a PC that has 5x more power... ;)
Miss

Post by Miss »

256x256x256 crashes the game currently so.. :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Demented

Post by Demented »

A possible solution could be to let users choose between a few size "options" that don't use any more memory or blocks, such as:
Double the length and cut the height by half. Thus keeping the same amount of block spaces and memory required.
For example a map that would normally be 32x32x32=(32768 Total) becomes 32x64x16=(still 32768 Total) or 64x64x8=(still 32768 Total)
This would give users the option to choose the configuration that works best without putting any more load on the system.
I myself rarely use all of every dimension anyway.
I've suggested this in the past but don't recall in which topic.
Last edited by Demented on 11 Dec 2017, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

Car camera settings that can be customised by the player in the settings:
The player can adjust the following parameters of the cameras for individual cars:
  • Angle stiffness for roll, yaw, and pitch (How fast does the camera rotate to realign with the car?)
  • Intertial stiffness for forward/backward (X), up/down (Y), and left/right (Z) (How fast does the camera follow the car? Maximum value means the camera is completely fixed)
  • Angle pivots (What is the camera rotating around? The front bumper or the rear?)
  • Position (Where is the camera seated?)
  • FOV (Field of view)
They can even create their own presets for these custom camera settings too! Considering how fast the Lagoon car corners, it just goes way too fast for the camera to catch up and realign with the car (making the internal camera the only tolerable one so far), so the custom camera settings should be useful to fix that.
Demented

Post by Demented »

I love the idea that Platysynthesis suggested. :thumbsup:
I would also love to see that as new camera option in the mediatracker.
I've always wished for a better helicopter cam and this could also be used as one that follows more loosely.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

OH YEAH another suggestion! Why not add the ability to change car (skin) while in the game instead of just in the menus? This seems to be possible in the Replay editor when editing ghosts, so why not add it into the game?
wawawawu

Post by wawawawu »

OH YEAH another suggestion! Why not add the ability to change car (skin) while in the game instead of just in the menus? This seems to be possible in the Replay editor when editing ghosts, so why not add it into the game?
I think, it wont work well, because every players system has to download the new skin. When there are 20 players just change their skin in a run, it will laggy like hell, i think...

But anyway, the idea is nice. Its little bit like in some of dommy's modes, where there's a choice of unique player with unique features u can choose...
Wawa says: there is no failure, just results! If you hate the outcome, the wrong way you took... Respawn!
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Weather implantation:
I propose the implantation of the weather in the circuit editor for example rain, snow, storm... :thumbsup:
Last edited by Dommy on 03 Jan 2018, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary colors
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

wawawawu wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 12:02
I think, it wont work well, because every players system has to download the new skin. When there are 20 players just change their skin in a run, it will laggy like hell, i think...

But anyway, the idea is nice. Its little bit like in some of dommy's modes, where there's a choice of unique player with unique features u can choose...
It depends on your download speed and your PC's power.. and in that case, the new cars should only load when the player opens up the main menu or restarts their race, like it did in TrackMania Forever.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Special Weather implantation
Like eclipse , blood moon and super moon
i don't know if its possible.

Return to “Announcements”