Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

kadaz

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by kadaz »

Request: Ability to Add Ammo to an CSmMode::EActionSlot::

Like so for shootmania default shooters...

Code: Select all

SetPlayerAmmo(Player, CSmMode::EWeapon::Laser, GetPlayerAmmo(Player, CSmMode::EWeapon::Laser) +1);
Be like so

Code: Select all

SetPlayerAmmo(Player, CSmMode::EActionSlot::Slot_A, GetPlayerAmmo(Player, CSmMode::EActionSlot::Slot_A) +1);
And.. will FakePlayers have the ability to use actions now too?..

Thank you. :)
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Or just put some code in your actions that will do that automatically
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Zeraxex

Post by Zeraxex »

Zeraxex

Post by Zeraxex »

W1sP wrote:QuestMania release :?
Don't wish for something if you know nothing about it.
Palteza

Post by Palteza »

Virtual Skipper big update :!:
Skadi

Post by Skadi »

Hello, here is my wishlist for TM²S (this doesn't mean I don't care at all about other environments, I'm just not the best placed to talk about those).

I.Priority #1
1.Bug free blocks (no landing, transition, ramms,...)

What?
Of course the driver can, in some cases but not all, safe the way to drive such turns/jumps/transitions. But in some other cases, you just can't and it's totally pointless to build such things.
Why?
To give builders the opportunity to build EITHER a "risky" turn (original blocks where you have to think whether it's needed to risk the border or not) OR a "normal" turn (wished new blocks where the goal is to drive such a turn as fast as possible and where it's fully skill-wise). So that builder would have more emphasis on his own tracks. With this, players wouldn't rage that much against NADEO with some insults flying here and there. You could become much more appreciated/respected by the community afterwards.

2.Variant blocks

What?
- Checkpoint turns/curves/slopes/...
- More variant inclined/slope blocks
- More kind of obstacles
Why?
To give builders/drivers new challenges and originality.

3.eSport Campaign

What?
A consequence of previous points, you may create a Campaign with all existing styles (and even more needed thanks to these previous blocks):
- Tech
- Dirt
- FS
- RPG
- LoL/Zerator
Why?
NADEO tracks are good to discover the game. But since TM was first (or at least at one point in the very beginnning) made to be an eSport game, you need to provide an eSport Campaign so that players may learn more about this side. So you could think about contacting builders in these styles so that they build maps OR make a giant maprequest in all styles to create this eSport campaign. This may help new players to stay on this game.

II.Other stuff
4.New start system

What?
While the coutdown start time is running from 3 to Go, all of you keep pressing Accelerate button and you start once your car is "released", thus you can't fail your very start. The idea is to bring a "False start" thingy as you might see it during 100m sprint at Olympic Games.
Why?
That would bring an additionnal deciding factor in all races: reaction time. The countdown wouldn't have to be like the classical one "3...2...1...Go" because the players could guess when to press Accelerate button but really bring a "random" countdown like "Ready........Set..Go!" (Maybe with some lights for those not using ingame sound).

5.More attractive Stadium

What?
A new designed Stadium could be cool with some animated stuff (which might be disabled somewhere) to make it more attractive.
Why?
The Stadium didn't change in any details for more than 10 years now. New people may have more chances to stay on the game if the overlook is more attractive, and it would be a second wind for older players.

6.Official team belonging

What?
Make an ingame tool to be able to create your own team (1 per style) with these different information:
- Team name
- Team tag
- Logo
- Website
- Social networks
Why?
To make easier the awareness of every line-up and who is Owner, Leader, Player, Guest,... and also improve the accessibility to contact someone for anything (application,...). To go further, we may also add "official match" mode in any plugin (FAST for example) and so we coud follow all matches' results and also automatically sort every member in his right team.

If some points are not clear or I forgot some stuff, don't hesitate to ask/tell me here, ingame (.skadi), on discord (Skadi #8399),...
Last edited by Skadi on 04 Feb 2017, 11:46, edited 3 times in total.

Post by 745 »

Something out-of-the-box I'd like too see is meta-maps or maps spanning multiple areas. Could be done by either loading bit by bit, or moving to the neighbor zone by crossing a frontier line. This would benefit some existing titlepacks, like Raid and RPG, and allow the creation of new modes involving freeroaming, a mission based RPG mode inside SM(TM even), or a survival SM mode based on exploration.
Zeraxex

Post by Zeraxex »

Fix the Bug that the game is changing my skin to another one i don't even own (like the tron ksin), pls, lol
reaby

Post by reaby »

First, you need to create a module or download it from a community website. Then , you need to place it in the game mode folder. --http://blog.maniaplanet.com
- Please consider doing this the "official way", instead of counting community to build a portal(s) for this... Please think integrating this directly to maniaplanet for easier sharing and creating, and maybe finally start using planets
as the downloading costs something... also maybe little fee for initial upload ? Make planets something good use.

- Make modules easy to find, easy to use.

- Please consider these modules also to work for mediatracker, like templates for intros or effects... I think this is already possible, but hardly no-one uses the feature!

- Hopefully the modules will have some sort of "exports" metadata on what functions the module provides...
Zeraxex

Post by Zeraxex »

reaby wrote:- Please consider these modules also to work for mediatracker, like templates for intros or effects... I think this is already possible, but hardly no-one uses the feature
-> These "templates" are called Clips. And why should anyone use "MediaTracker Modules" if noone (as you said) even uses Clips?

Return to “Announcements”