Road to Gamers Assembly

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Road to Gamers Assembly

Post by TMarc »

Alexey85 wrote:When other visitor will see this post, what conclusion will they make about effort of moderator establishing nice atmosphere here?
thanks for the hint, but why are always & only the moderators "responsible" for such things? Everyone in the community should try to make some effort :)
TMarc wrote:I don't see in the blog saying it is within weeks or months or whatever. I genuinely thought this could be in week or two. Months of unlimited free access - too good to NOT be mentioned in the blog and in this thread start.
Edit: I'd like to add that this is obviously for being able to share info. If one is going to share about temporary unlimited free access, the natural question is - how long? So I wanted to find at least approximate answer to that.

Edit2: Also, for anyone going to say "but current demo is already like unlimited with such playersbase". Yeah, when I hear "demo" and "some limiations that I have to spend time to lean about", I say thank you but I have no time to look into that. But when it is "months of unlimited free access" I say "hell yea" immediately.
The blog http://blog.maniaplanet.com/ has exactly the same info as in the forum here and at the GA site, because Cerovan did all this ;)
And it is well enough written there: "Nadeo announce several tournaments at the Gamers Assembly of Poitiers in April 2015" and "From now, a free unlimited access to the Trackmania² Stadium & Shootmania Storm multiplayer until the Gamers Assembly"
Count 1+1 and here you go 8-)
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

TMarc, I know, TheM explained, I did a bad attempt at reading the original post and thought there is no date specified. I wish I never posted in this thread, so much awkward. Thank you for help.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

No problem, Alexey85, the forum is there to answer questions and to clear doubts :thumbsup:
novationx

Post by novationx »

kremsy wrote:Official Paragon League Trailer by Zerax:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14flZqpqUg4

Thank you Nadeo!

Stay tuned!
:yes:
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Why isnt the website updated?

http://maniaplanet.com/shootmania/storm
http://www.shootmania.com

Please fix this :( Its important.

Free access to TrackMania² Stadium, Canyon, Valley, ShootMania Storm and all community-created content. Unlimited for 48h after registration. Daily time limit after that.
DOWNLOAD DEMO

Buy the full game for unlimited access: Buy and download now - Also available on Steam
tcq

Post by tcq »

First of all, I don't like the idea of creating a free to play phase to boost user numbers for a certain local tournament. If, then this should be done and coordinated with different tournaments in different countries at the same time. But as we see that the highest amount of players are still french due to the french background of Nadeo, I will just have to accept this "french" bonus.
Aside that, I think it's a good marketing idea and will hopefully increase the player base a little. Especially SM and canyon and valley needs it. All three of them are challenged hardly due to the title clustering and splitting of the player base. Because of this, I can't comprehend why the two titles with the lowest player base of all other official titles in SM and TM2, valley and canyon, are not free. I see that Stadium and Shootmannia have Go4 tournaments and I assume that this is the reason why they are free until GA. Why isn't there a free to play phase for canyon and valley too, so that new players that are interested in partaking in the GA competition have a chance to get on a good competitive level. I mean, we know that valley is nearly dead if we just count the "online" players and I just wonder where should the player base come from to create an interesting tournament? I mean, we are going to see the same players competing in all three TM2 environments instead of having different players fighting for the spots and the win. And why isn't there a big marketing campaign that advertises this changes in the media?
If Nadeo doesn't intend to give canyon and valley a fair chance in eSports (especially valley, which was already dead a few months after it's release), then they should say it from the beginning and scrap the GA tournaments.
This is at least the picture I get from this and it really sickens me to see how valley is left to rot in the dust.
edk

Post by edk »

tcq wrote:First of all, I don't like the idea of creating a free to play phase to boost user numbers for a certain local tournament. If, then this should be done and coordinated with different tournaments in different countries at the same time. But as we see that the highest amount of players are still french due to the french background of Nadeo, I will just have to accept this "french" bonus.
Aside that, I think it's a good marketing idea and will hopefully increase the player base a little. Especially SM and canyon and valley needs it. All three of them are challenged hardly due to the title clustering and splitting of the player base. Because of this, I can't comprehend why the two titles with the lowest player base of all other official titles in SM and TM2, valley and canyon, are not free. I see that Stadium and Shootmannia have Go4 tournaments and I assume that this is the reason why they are free until GA. Why isn't there a free to play phase for canyon and valley too, so that new players that are interested in partaking in the GA competition have a chance to get on a good competitive level. I mean, we know that valley is nearly dead if we just count the "online" players and I just wonder where should the player base come from to create an interesting tournament? I mean, we are going to see the same players competing in all three TM2 environments instead of having different players fighting for the spots and the win. And why isn't there a big marketing campaign that advertises this changes in the media?
If Nadeo doesn't intend to give canyon and valley a fair chance in eSports (especially valley, which was already dead a few months after it's release), then they should say it from the beginning and scrap the GA tournaments.
This is at least the picture I get from this and it really sickens me to see how valley is left to rot in the dust.
I don't know man. I mean, I can appreciate the passion for Valley and I do think it's a beautfiul environment, but I think it's safe to say that it simply does not gel for most players. The main gripe being the dirt handling, other points regarding odd brake mechanics, strange wall ride and ramp jump handling, and a reliance on wall bangs, among others. I'm not saying it's something that can't be enjoyed, but it's not casual friendly which is why most casual players have stopped playing. It is destined to be a niche environment. Not to mention there has been a cheater in the leaderboards for over a year that Nadeo has refused to remove. Nonetheless what you say in part rings true as even niche titles can have a solid player base if given the chance.

It's interesting news and maybe this will lead into the release of a new environment?
novationx

Post by novationx »

450€ for #1 in monthly finals. Rarara who will win? :oops:
I respect AERA and they deserve the money because... yeah they simply are the best. No doubt about that.

But to keep it "fair" I'd prefere to see money for the top2 or top3.

TOP2:
1. 3x 100€
2. 3x 50€

TOP3:
1. 3x 75€
2. 3x 50€
3. 3x 25€

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by novationx on 02 Dec 2014, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”