Hello Planet #5

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

paketep

Re: Hello Planet #5

Post by paketep »

fng_thatoneguy wrote:
Hylis wrote:And it will be that for the login, going through your uplay account.
I need to point out something important here for Steam users.
If you purchase TMT through Steam and it uses Uplay, you will be required to have both Steam and Uplay running and logged in, in order to play. If you don't like that, purchase the game directly through Uplay. Uplay is required regardless.
If Uplay is required regardless, then my money won't be requiring any more Trackmanias (or any other Nadeo game) in the future.

It was bad enough buying the old TMs with StarForce, with Hylis insulting those of us who dared to show it for the malware it was.

It was even worse buying Canyon/Stadium/Valley knowing that the bulk of the money would go to Ubi.

If Turbo requires Uplay, then sorry, Nadeo, but you are dead to me.

EA/Acti/Ubi always destroy the better developers. Another one for the count.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I hear a lot of people say nasty things about uplay. But I have yet to hear any solid argument against it. Does it crash a lot? Is it slow? What is your problem with it? Is it more of a philosophical issue?

People hate Steam too, and I have no problems with it. I mean, I guess I'm very slightly concerned about the possibility of these services disappearing in the future and taking my games with them. By then I'm probably moving on to new things. In a sense I guess we're really renting these games, not owning them.

Most games are ephemeral though. TM is one of the few exceptions.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Trylk255

Post by Trylk255 »

You know what ? I think (personally) those kind of games are not well made when they get on the Steam platform etc. The reason why is due to the installation and different location. For example, your documents are not on your drive "C:" but they are on another drive like "D:" (What I did to keep my ManiaPlanet documents (altho I don't personally own the Steam version of ManiaPlanet but I know someone who owns it and it's sometimes a pain in the neck to get things to work properly. So reason #1 of Non-use of steam platform for ManiaPlanet : location of USER DOCUMENTS.

So just saying, if you're curious to know what platform I am running my ManiaPlanet... I run through the official client, so no Steam problems for documents, no "How do I login on ManiaPlanet if I bought it on Steam ?" and many things that can be easily avoid by just using the normal and official platform ; with the launcher (even if it's an "old" way to proceed, it's more stable and from launcher, you can directly modify the parameter at your own preferences and also changes from "Profile A" to "Profile B" without having to re-setup the paramaters each times.
Trylk255

Post by Trylk255 »

paketep wrote:
fng_thatoneguy wrote:
Hylis wrote:And it will be that for the login, going through your uplay account.
I need to point out something important here for Steam users.
If you purchase TMT through Steam and it uses Uplay, you will be required to have both Steam and Uplay running and logged in, in order to play. If you don't like that, purchase the game directly through Uplay. Uplay is required regardless.
If Uplay is required regardless, then my money won't be requiring any more Trackmanias (or any other Nadeo game) in the future.

It was bad enough buying the old TMs with StarForce, with Hylis insulting those of us who dared to show it for the malware it was.

It was even worse buying Canyon/Stadium/Valley knowing that the bulk of the money would go to Ubi.

If Turbo requires Uplay, then sorry, Nadeo, but you are dead to me.

EA/Acti/Ubi always destroy the better developers. Another one for the count.
Um... By what I know, TrackMania (now know as part of ManiaPlanet titles) is not using Uplay. So, the only game I know (because I play it) who needs you to connect to Uplay is "Farcry 3". And by the many games that Nadeo's comapny have made, my two favorites ones are :

1. TrackMania

2. Virtual Skipper
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Trylk255, the new game Trackmania Turbo will require Uplay (at least on PC).

Your point about where it puts your Documents is something I hadn't really encountered. Even with the standalone version of TM United Forever you can't change where your documents are located (right?). So that is a nice feature of ManiaPlanet. I didn't realize it became more of an issue when running through Steam.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

If i want game on Steam, then i buy game using Steam connect that requires only download and one button press to start (like CS GO, i open Steam and run CS). I dont need game that runs with billion launchers. It's like running TMO in virtual Win XP, in virtual Win Vista, in virtual Win 7, in virtual Win 8 in virtual Win 8.1 in virtual Ubuntu, in OSX. GG Nadeo.

And please dont tell me inside Turbo players will make acc like in MP...
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

domino54 wrote:And please dont tell me inside Turbo players will make acc like in MP...
No :)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Cerovan wrote:
domino54 wrote:And please dont tell me inside Turbo players will make acc like in MP...
No :)
No, but instead we will FORCE players to use UPlay account instead ingame accounts, great!

Edit.
Becuase selling game with Steam keys only is impossible...
Many non-Valve developers sell their products using Steam, such as Deus Ex HR, Unturned...
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

domino54 wrote:If i want game on Steam, then i buy game using Steam connect that requires only download and one button press to start (like CS GO, i open Steam and run CS). I dont need game that runs with billion launchers. It's like running TMO in virtual Win XP, in virtual Win Vista, in virtual Win 7, in virtual Win 8 in virtual Win 8.1 in virtual Ubuntu, in OSX. GG Nadeo.

And please dont tell me inside Turbo players will make acc like in MP...
Exactly.

I think Nadeo meant TMT only for consoles but had to release it for PC just to avoid massive outrage from PC users. So they think what they should do to lessen PC community split? Right, add Uplay so part of current TM players will stay playing TM instead of going to TMT! Well played, Nadeo :-).
just kidding
Akbalder

Post by Akbalder »

eyebo wrote:I hear a lot of people say nasty things about uplay. But I have yet to hear any solid argument against it. Does it crash a lot? Is it slow? What is your problem with it? Is it more of a philosophical issue?
When the Uplay servers are down, it's not possible to play to any Uplay game (even offline).
And the Uplay server are often down: Each time Ubisfot releases a big game, you can be sure that the Uplay servers will be down...

Return to “Announcements”