Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by TMarc »

To complain is always much easier than to do something better oneself.

Some users are doing really great stuff, and it is unfortunately still not sufficient.
The problem is not the choice, it is the community in total!

First there was no choice and much restriction.
Then there were claims for more choice, more possibilities, and also divertificaiton by Nadeo (TM Sunrise, Nations, Maniaplanet).
Now we have a nice variety of possibilities, the choice is too big?

I rather guess there are mostly "just players" who only want to consume ready-made stuff and do not want to think who this is done.

That some titles are less or not popular at all is normal. But the title creators also suffered from many things, starting with big restrictions in Maniaplanet, with lack of official and community based support, and later lack of players.

I think it is not nice to blame Nadeo or the title creators alone.
We have to look at ourselves and ask "why did we not give them more chance, more support, more concrete and constructive feedback?" etc.

Sure, where is the Moon title that was in need of gravitiy settings? Meuh did really great with Raid and Raid²
Now we have Snow, although it is just a remake of TM Snow, it is nice to see what Florenzius aka ManiaDesign has finally achieved with the help of others, especially when we remember who Flo started in the forum long while back.

Nadeo does not want to create games, they want to give us the tools to create the games we like.
Perhaps there is really to much choice.
But again, we cannot blame Nadeo for giving us these possibilities.

It is the players who have to decide what they prefer.
But it is a pity they stick to the "only well known" Stadium kind of stuff, as if they would litteraly fear the change.
It's like the saying "the farmer only eats what he knows"...

Despite I don't have much time for playing, I really enjoy the variety and the creativity (not even speaking of the block mix mapping).
Only Stadium or only Canyon or only Valley would be really boring.
Same for Shootmania titles.

Nadeo has to release Lagoon and later hopefully also a new Shootmania title, as latest showcase for Maniaplanet 4 new features.
And then it is up to the community to make good and wise usage!

Let the new games begin :3
Demented

Post by Demented »

There has been some interesting feedback lately in this forum. Some from frustration, and some from optimism, but there have been good points made through most of it. There is a common saying that many have quoted that says "Less is More", meaning that there is Beauty in Simplicity. While this is true for the most part, gamers often desire more but still want the simplicity. My perception is that the solution to this in gaming is a Simple Core with more Complex Branches. Like a tree with a solid trunk and branches the split off into increasing complexity. I think this is what NADEO is trying to do with this new "Channel and Episode" system. More complex sub-systems are available for those who have paid for and want it but a simple core is in place for those who just want to jump in and have fun. At least that's my take on it.
I'm curious to see how this plays out through the near future.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
hackie

Post by hackie »

TMarc wrote:To complain is always much easier than to do something better oneself.

Some users are doing really great stuff, and it is unfortunately still not sufficient.
The problem is not the choice, it is the community in total!

First there was no choice and much restriction.
Then there were claims for more choice, more possibilities, and also divertificaiton by Nadeo (TM Sunrise, Nations, Maniaplanet).
Now we have a nice variety of possibilities, the choice is too big?

I rather guess there are mostly "just players" who only want to consume ready-made stuff and do not want to think who this is done.

That some titles are less or not popular at all is normal. But the title creators also suffered from many things, starting with big restrictions in Maniaplanet, with lack of official and community based support, and later lack of players.

I think it is not nice to blame Nadeo or the title creators alone.
We have to look at ourselves and ask "why did we not give them more chance, more support, more concrete and constructive feedback?" etc.

Sure, where is the Moon title that was in need of gravitiy settings? Meuh did really great with Raid and Raid²
Now we have Snow, although it is just a remake of TM Snow, it is nice to see what Florenzius aka ManiaDesign has finally achieved with the help of others, especially when we remember who Flo started in the forum long while back.

Nadeo does not want to create games, they want to give us the tools to create the games we like.
Perhaps there is really to much choice.
But again, we cannot blame Nadeo for giving us these possibilities.

It is the players who have to decide what they prefer.
But it is a pity they stick to the "only well known" Stadium kind of stuff, as if they would litteraly fear the change.
It's like the saying "the farmer only eats what he knows"...

Despite I don't have much time for playing, I really enjoy the variety and the creativity (not even speaking of the block mix mapping).
Only Stadium or only Canyon or only Valley would be really boring.
Same for Shootmania titles.

Nadeo has to release Lagoon and later hopefully also a new Shootmania title, as latest showcase for Maniaplanet 4 new features.
And then it is up to the community to make good and wise usage!

Let the new games begin :3
Don't be so negative , complain ? People just giving their opinion.

You saying it youre self :
"why did we not give them more chance, more support, more concrete and constructive feedback?"
Well , here it is. And you come with complain ?

We buy the games , is that not a support ?
Giving more feedback ? If you buy a new car ( a new car is at least finished ) you also go to the garage every week to say that ..... whatever you want to say ?
No , you buy a new car and you use it , there for its made !
We bought this game and all we do is wait and pray that someday it will be finished.

About staying at stadium, I think thats just personal , everybody has his own favorite envi.
I have all envi's , shootmania included but I only play stadium and canyon.

You don't play games you don't like.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

hackie wrote:Don't be so negative , complain ? People just giving their opinion.

You saying it youre self :
"why did we not give them more chance, more support, more concrete and constructive feedback?"
Well , here it is. And you come with complain ?
No, they do not just give their opinion, most were almost negative, and this is complaining.
"nadeo does not do this, nadeo does this wrong, bla bla bla".
Often not really constructive.
Only few users really took the time to write detailed hints, but it is also a pity those were somehow unheard.
We can be happy they still do work on Trackmania and Shootmania @ Nadeolabs, but what will be there with MP4, aside what we already know from the Previews... we have to see.
hackie wrote:You don't play games you don't like.
This is absolutely right!
Filipe1020

Post by Filipe1020 »

If NADEO really wanted us to create our own games, then they would provide a way more powerful creation tool that allow us to create full environments from scratch, fine tune the car physics, create the style of the environment, and so on.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

I don't see how saying "Nadeo didn't do this" is negative.

If they think so, then they should close the forum and close their game. What we are doing here is the reason PC games are considered better than consoles ones.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hey Filipe1020,

For sure the maniaplanet 4 update will provide players with more tools for making the creations easier ^_^
Look at the preview 3 for example: http://blog.maniaplanet.com/blog/2016/1 ... 3-editors/ ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS »

Autocompletion. :yes:
Thank you so much! Now I do not need to check documentation every time I want to code something new :1010 (like I do when I code some tools for Linux terminal/Windows command prompt :roflol: ).
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>
Filipe1020

Post by Filipe1020 »

Not sure if I should ask this but, will the reflection effect from Stadium in Turbo will be added in TM2? That effect on the road looks so good
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Not if the road is as dark as it is in Turbo, can't see nothing :s

Return to “Announcements”