Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Hylis »

This preview is a special one, this is the corner stone of Maniaplanet 4 and now that we will have all the information released, I will host a Q/A sessions here to better explain this major feature.

Here are the 4 primary targets for this upcoming feature:

Players gathering
Instead of having numerous and separated groups of players, having more unified players to encourage exchanges and strength of collaboration around single games whether it is Shootmania or Trackmania.

Simple access for new players
​It is hard to arrive and make choice in Maniaplanet without knowing anything about it. ​Furthermore, the evolving user Interface is complicated for a neophyte: there're many concepts to master before having a good navigation: Titles, Stations, Servers, modes, maps. Therefore, we are seeking ways to ease players' access straight to the game.

​Motivating environment for creators
Creators are Maniaplanet are the roots of Maniaplanet, whether they are there for creating maps, for modeling objects, for organising competitions, inventing modes, inventing services and much more. Nevertheless, when you start creating, the way could be long before getting an audience. Our will is to facilitate the way for creators to reach that audience which will allow them to enter in an efficient cycle of iteration with other players, bringing enthusiasm and dynamism.

​Rise Trackmania and Shootmania awareness
​Have more and more people discover Trackmania and Shootmania is a clear objective. ​F​or the creation by players, streams and videos seems to be the best way to communicate. And to be efficient, it is important to have a content with a format adapted to a good diffusion and to increase caster audience. That way, casters will probably wish to bring their contribution too. We have 2 ways to achieve this objective: ​Encourage Maniaplanet-oriented streamers​ to emerge and have already established streamers programming maniaplanet.

I will unlock the topic at the release of the preview, scheduled for tonight at between 5 and 6 pm, so we can start discussing at that moment. It can be a test to see if we can now have good debate with a positive attitude for the good spirit of this place. I will make this simple to be true anyway :mrgreen: (I need an emoticon of a foolish post delete man)
Cerovan

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Cerovan »

Hello everyone!

You can find the last preview on the blog. This one is focused on the central piece of Maniaplanet 4 : the Channels!

Thanks everyone :yes:
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

(You're so dope everyone :D)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
Miss

Post by Miss »

This looks interesting! I have a question, which maybe I'm too stupid and have overlooked it when reading the preview, but asking it anyways: Can there be multiple "programs" at the same time on the Trackmania channel?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

nope, that would go against the concept of channeling players to ONE creation, for this one to have an audience that can have a shared experience
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

I would ask anyway, what even is the article about as I can't understand anything featured here?

Is this a stolen idea from ManiaCalendar to showcase ongoing events ingame?

Is it a schedule for free (demo) players telling exact hours what and when they can play?

I don't get it. :roll:
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
WTCYoStunt12

Post by WTCYoStunt12 »

Because this is the Q&A session, let's start the questions!

-You say we can choose the track-list of a program we want to create. Will you verify the maps to be playable or you will just choose the time + date of the events?

-Will the server be mandatory or will you provide one?

And that's all, I've got no more questions in my pocket.
"I can lag more than you can think"-Me
YouTube Twitter
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

GJ :D

But i have some questions: Will we be able to use youtube-gaming or youtube classic too, or only twitch?

So an "episode" is like a playlist with some maps with a theme, like forest, or city, and the episode changes if all maps are played and the next one is starting, if i understood right
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
tcq

Post by tcq »

First of all, it looks like a well thought through system to bring players to play together at certain points of time.

Now my concerns:
1. Will there be a quota of the different environments? In my eyes I just saw the whole schedule being flooded with stadium events.
2. Will we get an offical Nadeo event? Something like: Hey we have the Nadeo white series. Play Nadeo A01-05this Sunday morning between 08-12. Your best times will be recorded and at the end of this event, we will give out some medals for the Top10 finisher. Stay tuned and come back next Sunday for Nadeo green series match up.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Indeed, players will define the Program they wish to see on the schedule and the program directors will either select it or not and decide accordingly at which hour it would be good to run it.

Return to “Announcements”