Maniaplanet 4 pre-release (now live)

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

FillInTheBlank

Re: Maniaplanet 4 pre-release (now live)

Post by FillInTheBlank »

Whenever I try to access Canyon, MP4 will freeze.
Dazmach

Post by Dazmach »

Hey, congrats on the update, it's actually pretty fantastic, and I can't wait for Lagoon!

However, I was curious if there will be some kind of official campaigns for the existing enviroments (Stadium/Valley/Canyon) which use the new blocks?
MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS »

:yes:
Can't wait to play!

(unfortunately I couldn't play the beta last week because I had some issues in my job)
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>
NKAcStreet

Post by NKAcStreet »

Why did you change canyon sounds and physics to be more like turbo? Now canyon really isn't that fun to drive. The sounds for the canyon car are muffled and not distinct for drifting like they used to be. The physics are mushy in comparison of the original. Not to mention the 10's of thousands of tracks on mania exchange will now have to be updated in order to be able to upload replays for them, the vast majority of them will never be touched. One of the fun features was doing a random track pick and driving it and uploading a replay, that is over.

Just being honest, you ruined my favorite environment.
Lasvigne

Post by Lasvigne »

Hi, I have a big problem since the new Maniaplanet version (4.0) when I launch my TM² Stadium, there is no uptates, and when I click on "connect" the game says :"wrong login or wrong password" and then, when I continue, the game says me "no internet" and when I click on "play offline" the game says me :"TMStadium" can't be found" I tried to uninstall the game but same problems... :(
noclantalula

Post by noclantalula »

Guys, i think this was to early for the release. There's to many issues.
1- Servers that we had and already pay till next year not working. Normal right. But Xaseco not making the upgrade it's bad bad. Now we need to change controller and new configurations needed, plus plugins bla bla bla, a pain in the A...
2- there's still some Dirt/road connectors that have a bug shadow as it was in the BETA.
3- As i heard ( i didn't try it ) there's a few skins that they asking to get pay "again" to be use. So...when you try to pay, you just can't, validation code incorrect. And if you go to the players page ( MP4 ) to get the new key ( 5 digits if i'm correct ) you need to put your Game Key. Say incorrect key after. So if no game key to many other things will not work.
I'm trying to put SDR server on so i need to go to Dedicated servers account and gives me error also, saying :
And i ask: What server? if i didn't specified anything, i just put login, pass, zone. So what is he talking about?
I feel like a noob.
Playing, making skins and that's it, and wait!!
C'mon guys to many issues. When Tm2 came, there was issues but not like this.
Keep the good work on.
Best regards
Talula
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

Hin

Regarding the server login issue: this server login was created by someone else in MP3 so it's reserved for this person. You need to register it again with the same account.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
ADOGGER

Post by ADOGGER »

I have not yet actually played around in Maniaplanet 4... I will be able to do so tomorrow, so this may well be updated.

I preferred the red parts of the race track-style blocks in Canyon over the blue ones... IMO, I'd prefer to have the red in Maniaplanet and blue in Turbo, but that's just me. Also, I've seen people talking about the new sounds of the Canyoncar sounding like they do in TMT... Same here, I'd sort of prefer TMT and Maniaplanet to be more seperate things; I like both games tho.

But, I love the look of all the new blocks, and I think the looks of the new turbo blocks are cool, and the mesh modeller looks awesome, so I commend you on this.
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

hello!

Just a quick notice that we are in the process of sending an hotfix update.
D1visor

Post by D1visor »

What's the changelog?

Return to “Announcements”