[Tutorial]To have your MP3 servers into MP4!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

[Tutorial]To have your MP3 servers into MP4!

Post by Alinoa »

Hi everyone :)

Servers that you have created in Maniaplanet 3 have to be recreated in Maniaplanet 4 by using the same login and account settings.

You can see servers you had created in Maniaplanet 3 in the player page of Maniaplanet 3: https://player.maniaplanet.com/dedicated-servers
  1. To recreate the same servers into maniaplanet 4, you have to first convert your MP3 maps in MP4.
    If you have few maps, you can launch them in the MP4 map editor and then compute shadows and check out if there is no hole and save them.
    If you have plenty maps, you can use a tutorial for converting maps from MP3 to MP4: viewtopic.php?p=282170#p282170
  2. Then please register your servers into the MP4 account manager: https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/dedicated-servers
  3. Start your servers into MP4 (and planets stored in your MP3 servers will be transferred into MP4).
For Ladder servers (servers whose the Ladder Points are above 50 000 Ladder Points), you have to formalize them again here: https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/ded ... r-servers/

Happy servers ^_^

Useful Additions:
Bueddl wrote: 11 May 2017, 11:19 A small addition for servers using the dedimania world record database.
You can use your dedimania codes from MP3 for your MP4 servers as well.We are currently doing so under PyPlanet and it works without any problems.

Sebastian
elie520 wrote: 12 May 2017, 13:13 I'd like to bring a precision I wish I had when following this tutorial.

If you manage to connect to https://player.maniaplanet.com/dedicated-servers but not to https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/dedicated-servers

Don't panic. The first page is related to your MP3 account and the latter is MP4 account. At the moment of the update, all the accounts from MP3 were imported into the MP4 database. But after that, the two accounts are dissociated. So if you changed your MP3 password, it won't work on MP4. Nevertheless, the IG account is related to MP4. So all you have to do (since the "forgot password" button is not working on the MP4 page at the moment) is to reset your password from the game. To do this, when launching the game, before pressing "connection", just choose "use other profile", then "create profile", then "login" and then "I forgot my password".

Thanks to Hylis for the enlightenment !

Of course, when the "forgot password?" button will be fixed on https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/dedicated-servers, you won't need to go through the game.

Hope it helped :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Bueddl

Re: [Tutorial]To have your MP3 servers into MP4!

Post by Bueddl »

A small addition for servers using the dedimania world record database.
You can use your dedimania codes from MP3 for your MP4 servers as well.We are currently doing so under PyPlanet and it works without any problems.

Sebastian
http://www.tmserver.org | Mania Exchange
═╦═╔╦╗² | MP4 Beta
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Thank you Sebastian
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Bueddl wrote: 11 May 2017, 11:19 A small addition for servers using the dedimania world record database.
Small addition to the addition: the Dedimania server (dedimania.net) currently has hardware problems and a ticket has been filed to its data center. Any Dedimania errors in your controller should be ignored for the time being.

Edit on 2017-05-12: The entire Dedimania set-up will have to be rebuild on new hardware and Slig is currently strained for time, so it's likely to take a number of days before full service is restored.
Last edited by Xymph on 12 May 2017, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

It's not possible to have a button to synchronize our serverlogin list? I have some hundreds serverlogin to migrate :cry:
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

jonthekiller wrote: 11 May 2017, 12:11 It's not possible to have a button to synchronize our serverlogin list? I have some hundreds serverlogin to migrate :cry:
This has already been requested repeatedly during the beta, to no avail. So I guess this is impossible due to the separation of MP3 and MP4 infrastructures and the changes between them.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Bueddl

Post by Bueddl »

For those with large/very large serverlists: I made a small bash script which might help you "importing" your gameserver accounts into mp4.
It basically signs you in the mp3 playerpage, downloads a list of your gameservers, signs you in into the current playerpage and creates server by server.

It does not import the correct password, it does not import the current zone.
You can set the zone in which they should be located inside the bash script as well as a common password which should be used for all servers. Anyway, you could also choose to generate a password for each server automatically by leaving the default_serverpassword variable empty (which I recommend).

Here is how you use it: download the bash script from https://gist.github.com/Bueddl/a1439b93 ... 8cb3ee80bb and save it as migrate_servers.sh. Next, open it in a text editor and change at least the first two variables:

Code: Select all

# Change this to your mp3/4 player login/username
username="$1"
# Change this to your account password
password="$2"
As the comment states, you could also just leave it and invoke the script later on with your username and password as arguments, but this might leak your credentials to some logging mechanism, so you are strongly advised not to do so and instead change it inside the script. For example:

# Change this to your mp3/4 player login/username
username="bueddl"
# Change this to your account password
password="ofcNotMyActualPw"
Mark the script executable either via your gui or via the shell command:

chmod +x migrate_servers.sh
Then invoke the script in your favourite bash compatible shell:

./migrate_servers.sh  > servers.csv
This will "import" the serveraccounts into mp4 and will create a CSV spreadsheet which contains tuples of serverlogin-password, which is especially useful when letting the script generate passwords for each server.

You also get an output to the command line displaying the current progress:

Importing server: bueddtest_01
Importing server: bueddltest_02
The resulting csv might look like this:

Attention: This script is most likely erroneous, will produce errors, and might not import all of your servers. Just check the results twice and don't blame me ;-)

And yes, this requires some kind of unix/linux environment providing a bash (but well, at least Windows has something called Bash on Ubuntu on Windows which might work as well). Also you will need a tool called wget.

Edit: If you have to import only a certain range of servers and you have a strict naming like paragonleague1 - paragonleague11 you can use the following version: https://gist.github.com/Bueddl/c9ba40d9 ... a349eb2b71. :D

Edit 2:: If it seems not to work for you, try to test the various masterservers (change the mp02.maniaplanet.com to mp05... etc.)

Cheers :pil
Sebastian
Last edited by Bueddl on 12 May 2017, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.tmserver.org | Mania Exchange
═╦═╔╦╗² | MP4 Beta
haber

Post by haber »

I can not login at maniaplanet.com with my account. It says invalid login or password. I can not create a new one because I dont know where to do so on this page and I can not recover my password because the "Forgot Password?" button does nothing.
I just want to register my server into the MP4 account manager.
May someone help me please? :(
rasmusdk

Post by rasmusdk »

I did the above. (For Ladder servers, you have to formalize them again)
40k planets is now taken from my account.
I have paid once (in MP3) for this server!!!
Bad bad bad! :evil:
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

rasmusdk wrote: 11 May 2017, 14:52 I did the above. (For Ladder servers, you have to formalize them again)
40k planets is now taken from my account.
I have paid once (in MP3) for this server!!!
Bad bad bad! :evil:
I wanted to ask this as well. I did not touch my mp3 dedi config on the previous playerpage and now -40k from my account again. How should this be sorted out? Can we get back our previous desposit somehow? Should we delete our login on the older playerpage?

Return to “Announcements”