Trackmania 2 Lagoon is out!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Trackmania 2 Lagoon is out!

Post by Alinoa »

Find out more about Trackmania 2 Lagoon, launched today for PC on ManiaPlanet, Uplay and Steam on Ubiblog: http://blog.ubi.com/en-GB/trackmania2-l ... now-on-pc/

Enjoy the beautiful trailer of Trackmania 2 Lagoon: https://youtu.be/4m6RkFa1NNs

And tonight everyone can play Trackmania 2 Lagoon on the Trackmania Channel from 8pm to 9:30pm CEST: https://www.maniaplanet.com/channels/trackmania

Happy Gaming!
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Demented

Re: Trackmania 2 Lagoon is out!

Post by Demented »

Thanks Alinoa.
Yesterday was my first time playing Lagoon in ManiaPlanet or in Turbo and I gotta say...
Lagoon looks beautiful!
I think it should be noted that the people involved with creating the graphic textures there should all get a nice pat on the back for a job well done. All the environments look great but Lagoon and Valley are especially beautiful. The mesh designs look great too! Of course the new lighting algorithms also really add to the nice look of all as well.
:clap:
Also, I love the vehicle physics but not so much the handling of the vehicle. I know this is something mentioned by people before and I'm sure in time I will get use to it. Before anyone reading this gets upset, know that I'm not complaining, nor am I suggesting it should be changed. Just noting my personal observations: The initial acceleration seems too quick and grippy at times. Slightly steering feels like it's not quite turning enough but then about halfway to a full turn it seems to respond too much and jerks the vehicle making it real difficult to control the car. I know this isn't meant to be a sim (and I wouldn't want it to be) but with the realistic look of the environment the car feels a little too arcade in it's handling. An SUV is a fairly heavy vehicle and in an island environment with sand a grass it just feels like it should have less grip (especially on paved roads). On the magnetic tracks it seems to feel as it should and on grass and sand it's not bad.
:|
As I said, I'm not looking for or asking for a change, just noting my personal observations and opinions. All in all Lagoon is fun and looks great and I look forward to exploring it more.
:thumbsup:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
NKAcStreet

Post by NKAcStreet »

Hello.

I read where if you already have Trackmania Turbo you get lagoon for free.

If that is true. If I go ahead and purchase turbo now, will I still get lagoon for free?
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Why should you buy a 40€ game for a 20€ game?? Also, with ManiaPlanet 5 you will have to buy lagoon so or so, so buy it officially then you have no problems with the update :x
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
rizu

Post by rizu »

NKAcStreet wrote: 25 May 2017, 03:40I read where if you already have Trackmania Turbo you get lagoon for free.
They kept suggesting that months before TM Turbo released and kept people thinking that will happen until they finally released TM2 Lagoon. On release they changed their minds and noped out. So no, you will not get free TM2 Lagoon if you buy Turbo now or even if you preordered Turbo and owned it from day one.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

rizu wrote: 25 May 2017, 10:40
NKAcStreet wrote: 25 May 2017, 03:40I read where if you already have Trackmania Turbo you get lagoon for free.
They kept suggesting that months before TM Turbo released and kept people thinking that will happen until they finally released TM2 Lagoon. On release they changed their minds and noped out. So no, you will not get free TM2 Lagoon if you buy Turbo now or even if you preordered Turbo and owned it from day one.
WHOOT ? Is that true ? I've been inactive for a couple months recently to study and I want a way to get Lagoon for free as I already have TMTurbo and I always was told it will be possible... please don't let me down man, Nadeo where you at bruh
rizu

Post by rizu »

i7mean wrote: 25 May 2017, 11:00
WHOOT ? Is that true ? I've been inactive for a couple months recently to study and I want a way to get Lagoon for free as I already have TMTurbo and I always was told it will be possible...
Well, just read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40939&start=240#p285468

Apparently they think we should be ok as SOME of the staff wanted to make this happen, yet that other part never cared to inform otherwise until release. Sounds like their internal management is quite messed up and they just let customers suffer from it.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I've said it before but HEY! Congrats on the release! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3 :3
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

rizu wrote: 25 May 2017, 11:15
i7mean wrote: 25 May 2017, 11:00
WHOOT ? Is that true ? I've been inactive for a couple months recently to study and I want a way to get Lagoon for free as I already have TMTurbo and I always was told it will be possible...
Well, just read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40939&start=240#p285468

Apparently they think we should be ok as SOME of the staff wanted to make this happen, yet that other part never cared to inform otherwise until release. Sounds like their internal management is quite messed up and they just let customers suffer from it.
Woooow I'm really really disappointed in Nadeo-Ubisoft... I paid 40€ for a game I already 3/4 had and now they want me to rebuy 20€ a game I 100% have ?
Nadeo you really disappoint me... 110€ to have the same environments twice... GG WP HF. That's some Gaben shit right here.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You were never forced to purchase anything.
And turbo is not Trackmania2 in Maniaplanet.
Besides this, 110 euros for 15 years gaming is not a lot. Just worth 2 major console games which last 3? 4 months?
Come on, try to see the positive sides.
Lagoon is nicer in Maniaplanet and driving on wood planks is much less erratic :pil

Return to “Announcements”