Trackmania 2 Lagoon is out!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

i7mean

Re: Trackmania 2 Lagoon is out!

Post by i7mean »

TMarc wrote: 30 May 2017, 15:43 You were never forced to purchase anything.
That's right, and that's why I'll never buy anything from Nadeo ever again
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

TMarc wrote: 30 May 2017, 15:43 Besides this, 110 euros for 15 years gaming is not a lot.
Maniaplanet was released in 2011, Turbo in 2016. Are You high tmarc or something?
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

yeah, Lagoon is finally there :3 :pil :mrgreen:

Ok, let's add the value of TMO, TMS, and if you absolutely need, also TMUF.
Still it is not that much money for the long time. For those who can afford.
ElCharco

Post by ElCharco »

Hi, I might buy this game but I'm not really sure. ¿Has somebody felt disappointed with this one?
BTW: I've got Valley and Canyon since day 1
My PC
- CPU: Intel i5 4690K (Overclocked 3,7 GHZ)
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger (ROG)
- Power supply: Corsair RM750 Plus Gold Modular
- GPU: Gainward GTX 1060 Phoenix 6GB
- RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz CL10
Demented

Post by Demented »

When TMarc said 15 years I assumed he meant all of TrackMania, not just TM².

Add up what other games cost for each new release.
What would it cost to have purchased every Need for Speed title?
What would it cost to purchase every TrackMania title?
I think you would find $20 each to be a really great deal for any racing game.
Lagoon is not TrackMania Turbo. It is a stand alone title.
The fact that Lagoon can also be combined with Canyon, Valley and Stadium to form an even bigger game is really cool and innovative.
Can you name any other driving game that lets you combine previous releases to form one large game?
When you look at all the things you can do in TM² there really isn't any comparison, and yet it still sells for 1/3 the cost of the average new game.
When you look at all these facts it really surprises me that people still find time to "boohoo" that it isn't free or offered at a major discount.
~
Whether you like to race online, download infinite tracks and race them, create tracks, make videos, create custom objects, paint cars or whatever, TrackMania² has something for everyone and I think every environment is well worth the price.

I personally don't like the vehicle handling in Lagoon or some of the traction physics, but I do like the majority of the overall physics and the graphics are really nice so I don't regret spending 20.00 to purchase it.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
rizu

Post by rizu »

Demented wrote: 31 May 2017, 15:03Can you name any other driving game that lets you combine previous releases to form one large game?
I can't but then again, I can't name any other driving game that split the content of practically one game into smaller chunks and then tried to sell them separately either (only to offer combined version if you bought all the chunks) .

Whole split thing is annoying as it also split the players, and now the option to combine is only offered for selected owners (who own all of them).
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

the split of players, of communities, is of course not optimal.
The Shootmania community has even splitted it up by itself much faster because of the official and the custom game mode titles.

On the long term, although because of increasing HW requirements, there will be only Maniaplanet.
Besides this there is always a fluctuation.

And Nadeo will never be able to do it perfectly right for everyone.

I personally hope and wish them that they are on the right way, despite the current struggles.

Keep looking forward!

As long as they are fixing Trackmania issues before concentrating more on Shootmania,
we should take the chance to help them to polish the games.
_Junky

Post by _Junky »

ManiaDesign wrote: 25 May 2017, 07:56 Why should you buy a 40€ game for a 20€ game?? Also, with ManiaPlanet 5 you will have to buy lagoon so or so, so buy it officially then you have no problems with the update :x
Because Turbo includes all 4 environments (so 70€ if you buy them separately) and is much more polished than Mania Planet (it's available on all platforms, menus are much clearer, and there are many additional art assets that gives the game a true identity).

I already have all the ManiaPlanet environments except for Lagoon, but I'll keep my 20 euros for now and wait for TMT2 ^^
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Then hf in Turbo, which is already dead. (At least the servers are pretty full)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Miss

Post by Miss »

_Junky wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 10:34
ManiaDesign wrote: 25 May 2017, 07:56 Why should you buy a 40€ game for a 20€ game?? Also, with ManiaPlanet 5 you will have to buy lagoon so or so, so buy it officially then you have no problems with the update :x
Because Turbo includes all 4 environments (so 70€ if you buy them separately) and is much more polished than Mania Planet (it's available on all platforms, menus are much clearer, and there are many additional art assets that gives the game a true identity).

I already have all the ManiaPlanet environments except for Lagoon, but I'll keep my 20 euros for now and wait for TMT2 ^^
That's an interesting way to look at Turbo! You are right, Turbo is its own unique design with its own unique character. It's nice. However the big difference between Turbo and Maniaplanet is that Maniaplanet is a lot more focused on the competitive scene, while Turbo is a console game. Whichever you prefer works though :)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Announcements”