Maniaplanet 4 - June update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - June update

Post by Fix »

Many fixes of reported bugs on many blocs (cracks, symmetry, tiling problems, materials, lods). mostly valley/lagoon
-Waypoint properties of racing blocs have been fixed in Lagoon and Valley, maybe this is linked to the not respawnable finishes, I'm not sure
-missing roof in a parking bloc of valley
-unexpected barriers on lagoon cityfloor that broke solo maps are fixed.
-some optimisations on lagoon buildings and cityfloors
-Canyon arena's CP and multilap now look different
-Valley Road2way Trubo and freewheeling ground have now a design/functionality closer to the air version.(turbos were longer than their signage)
-Stadium's sculpt materials have been restored (RPG bloc broke).
-Valley Technics Screen mirror bugs on ground variations.
-Valley Road2Way on Terrain 1-5-9 now has its clip back
-Lagoon beach CP triggers are now as large as expected

Warning :
some platform blocs have been added to storm, but bugs (holes) too.
we discovered after the update was done : I suggest you don't use these new bugged ones until they are fixed, or expect to regenerate/fix your maps when they'll be.
sorry for the inconvenience ;,(

Warning 2 :
Changes have most of the time small impact on lightmaps, but hey can still create lightmap artifacts, a recompute is advised, but the maps concerned are not a lot.
note : The computing of lightmaps on ULTRA with /only_embeded is now faster because done at a lower resolution.
Thrawn46

Post by Thrawn46 »

Awesome work and thanks! :3
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Thanks for the extra info Fix! :1010
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

Miss wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 16:01 New scoring system in chase? Any information about that before I try it?
It only affects the players ranking, not the general winning conditions.
For each checkpoint crossed the players receive a score based on the time and speed difference with the first player of their team. Their score at the checkpoint is then compared and the player with the highest score get (Number of players in the team - rank of the checkpoint score - 1) points.
Eg with 3 players: 1st player always scores 0 points, 2nd player scores 3227 points and 3rd player scores 4576 points. 1st player is ranked 3rd, 2nd player is ranked 2nd and 3rd player is ranked 1st. 1st and 2nd players get 0 point for this checkpoint and 3rd player gets 1 point.

There is also a grade and combo system linked to the checkpoint score that let us refine the players performances analysis.
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
keeth

Post by keeth »

Thank you Fix for this log ^^,
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber
jimkats1

Post by jimkats1 »

Thank you for the update and for the informative logs :).
MrFluffy

Post by MrFluffy »

This update broke so much... Its nice to see that things are being fixed, but why break even more with it? Stadium tracks are bugged.. Nadeo tracks are missing parts now. The handeling of the car is changed to the handling of the stadium cars in Turbo... If I want to race with a Turbo car, Ill play Turbo.. I dont want to, but now Im forced to play with an entirely different game so it seems.. Its not maniaplanet anymore. Its Turbo in Maniaplanet.

I loved Stadium in Trackmania² but now I hate it. Why change a game that wasnt broken?

Canyon lighting is also weird.. Even on the newly updated tracks from TM MX.. I loved the game, but now Im not so sure anymore..

Also.. watch out if you start a server... We lost 40k planets (to set up one), because sending the planets through mail to the server didnt work properly.
Nashu

Post by Nashu »

LP are not working..again

your main rank system is down and nobody gives a fuck. I came back from Turbo looking for old good gameplay and you're ruining it...
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Nashu wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 19:30 LP are not working..again
Ensure the server you're playing on is using the newest dedicated server:
viewtopic.php?p=286328#p286328

Usually you can type /version or something to see the server version when playing.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
MrFluffy

Post by MrFluffy »

Nashu wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 19:30 LP are not working..again

your main rank system is down and nobody gives a fuck. I came back from Turbo looking for old good gameplay and you're ruining it...
At least Im not the only one...

Return to “Announcements”