Maniaplanet 4 - June update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Guerro323

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - June update

Post by Guerro323 »

koopermatt wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 18:29 Any hope for a way of downloading other than ingame? Maniaplanet can't download it all. Stops at 2%.
http://files.v04.maniaplanet.com/setups ... upFull.zip
C'est Grandiose!
Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox »

Any fix for the issue where maps built in previous versions of Maniaplanet don't load properly until they're re-saved in the editor?
It seems that's an easy enough fix that, even if there's no better way for the tracks to not be broken, the game could fix them automatically.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Alter-Fox wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 23:47 Any fix for the issue where maps built in previous versions of Maniaplanet don't load properly until they're re-saved in the editor?
It seems that's an easy enough fix that, even if there's no better way for the tracks to not be broken, the game could fix them automatically.
Yes, it's called batch conversion... viewtopic.php?f=266&t=40871
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
Mr.DVD

Post by Mr.DVD »

Multi-Environment Titlepack Maker in the next update? ;)
:pop:
Demented

Post by Demented »

Chris92 wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 00:37
Alter-Fox wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 23:47 Any fix for the issue where maps built in previous versions of Maniaplanet don't load properly until they're re-saved in the editor?
Yes, it's called batch conversion... viewtopic.php?f=266&t=40871
That's one way but I think Alter-Fox was thinking of something like when you go to load a track the software has a subroutine that catches older versions and maybe displays a message that say something like "MP3 version detected please wait while converting", and automatically converts and re-saves the map. Or better yet its asks you "Older version detected. Convert now?", click "yes" choose a "lighting quality" and it does it.
Or best yet, maybe just put an option somewhere in the options menu of the game to update older tracks. One that lets you select multiple tracks.
I'm doing mine the slow way, one at time in Ultra quality, and checking them for playability, skins and replay camera function. It's taking a long time but at least I'll know they are all functional and I'm saving new default replays at the same time.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

Not sure if this is a bug or an intended change but...
I have noticed that all my older (MP3) tracks that had signs set to "default" use to have random skins. Those random "default" signs never changed when loading/playing tracks and in some cases the particular sign skin worked as a landmark for braking, entering a drift, etc... but now after updating my tracks ALL the signs that were default are now "Ubisoft" signs and not only do the tracks look boring with all the signs the same but it affects braking or deceleration landmarks. I hope this can be fixed and isn't just the way it is now because it would take a really, really long time to go through every track and change all the signage. Even if they become re-randomized at least the would be some variety.
[EDIT]:
Seems to only be an issue with Canyon maps. Sorry about not being more clear with that.
Last edited by Demented on 17 Jun 2017, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

2017-06-15: New update.

Note: This version has an incompatible protocol change. Both the client and the server need to be up to date to be able to connect.

It contains:
- TM: some blocks fixes in all enviros
- SM: improved the aiming behaviour when on magnetic platforms. and new teleporters-on-wall blocks added.
- TM: fixes for crowed servers, and for server replay recording and validation
- fixes in the map editor and the replay editor
- The updater should now work for the >2Go packs.
LT.Forever

Post by LT.Forever »

Are the lagoon speedbugs fixed now? Kappa
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Internal Test, huh?

Check out my Personal Twitter account!
Topspin