- Custom Models (P2P broke)
- favorite Servers
- bad drift sounds
Alcator

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - July update

Post by Alcator »

Trackmania.

The game that started it all.

The game that existed long before Maniaplanet, long before Shootmania.

Today, it looks like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGZNBBnXUAA7x2C.jpg:large

Cars are falling through solid surfaces. Official Platform tracks are unplayable.

This was reported a month ago.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sir_fritz

Post by sir_fritz »

speedychris wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 09:11 After 3 Month this and other glitches are still not fixed:
- Custom Models (P2P broke)
- favorite Servers
- bad drift sounds
P2P has been broken for me for years. Works perfectly fine in TMUF but not TM2. I don't ever expect it to get fixed at this point...
Fabinou38

Post by Fabinou38 »

Alcator wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 16:03 Trackmania.

Cars are falling through solid surfaces. Official Platform tracks are unplayable.

The title isn't updated yet, so atm this one isn't officially compatible with MP4.
But, maps of the Platform campaign have updated, feel free to download and play with this link (by "Download" or "Install and play") : https://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksear ... o&priord=0 ;)
MixterFab38 - Member of LAN Team - Moderator / Translator (FR) of TM²Galaxy - Project Helper of TMOne, of Stornium (by Guerro) and of ThomasFox's (aka Ziyx) projects :)
Here since ManiaPlanet 1 (TM² Canyon) :thx:
MP3 / MP4 beta tester
Alcator

Post by Alcator »

Fabinou38 wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 07:15
Alcator wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 16:03 Trackmania.

The title isn't updated yet, so atm this one isn't officially compatible with MP4.
But, maps of the Platform campaign have updated, feel free to download and play with this link (by "Download" or "Install and play") : https://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksear ... o&priord=0 ;)
~ "Sir, the bus service between New York and Washington DC has not yet been restored, but feel free to use a taxi."

No, I am not going to take a taxi.

This is Nadeo's mess, and THEY will have to fix it. THEY decided to build their ManiaPlanet platform, which was supposed to make managing all their *Mania games easier. We could have had separate games - just like we had Trackmania United in the past - but they felt it was better to bundle Shootmania and Trackmania into one product. Platform is an official module and it must be supported.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Platform was an official title, but since it is theirs, they can chose any time to remove it. I don't remember one had to pay for it.
And it is not available in the store at the moment, because it is not working with Maniaplanet 4 for the apparent reasons.
If you're installing an old title, then it is "at your own risk", and there is no liability.
That it is not working anymore is certainly not nice, but this is still not a reason to kind of freak out and get unfriendly.
If they have time, they will fix it. But I think they rely more on the community to provide own and potentially much better titles.
Therefore, why don't you play something else and stay patient regarding Platform? :)
Alcator

Post by Alcator »

TMarc wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 12:42 Platform was an official title, but since it is theirs, they can chose any time to remove it. I don't remember one had to pay for it.
And it is not available in the store at the moment, because it is not working with Maniaplanet 4 for the apparent reasons.
If you're installing an old title, then it is "at your own risk", and there is no liability.
I didn't install anything.

NADEO installed a new version of their executable over my existing installation. I kept Platform where it always was.

My unfriendliness is primarily the result of long-term frustration with Nadeo -- bugs which have been reported years ago are still not fixed, and whenever Shootmania needs an update, I have to update "my" game as well, despite not playing Shootmania at all. Just imagine if Blizzard's Battle.Net application installed World of Warcraft on your computer, even if you didn't own it, or if Steam installed all 10.000+ games on your computer. You'd be rightfully upset with such decision.
ripper_roo

Post by ripper_roo »

Hello there,

I reported several bugs two months ago concerning the track editor and Mediatracker :

viewtopic.php?f=470&t=41730
viewtopic.php?f=470&t=41732
viewtopic.php?f=470&t=41734
viewtopic.php?f=470&t=41735

It seems like those issues are still not being adressed with the latest update.
Please could you please take them into consideration?

Thank you.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

This August 2 update "broke" cam 1 at the start line in Stadium. It's causing some players to get dizzy, especially when having to respawn over and over.

My full report here, tagged onto Tobirousch's original post about the issue:
viewtopic.php?p=290008#p290008
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

[MAP EDITOR]
Entering test mode shows HUD.
Record ghost mode has no HUD unless a validation run has been made first.
Validation mode has HUD but it's different from record ghost and test modes.
Validation mode should have options at end of race to: Save or View the replay, or at least to use the replay in mediatracker.
Validation mode ends too quick. If I don't let go of the gas button fast enough at the end of a validation run it will restart the race before I even see the menu.

Don't know if this it the case in all environments but in Lagoon when in record a replay mode there is no HUD. However, I discovered yesterday that if you do a validation run first, then record a replay, you'll have full HUD during the run. I use record a ghost often during map making to test timings and other things. It's nice to see speeds and CP times during record ghost mode, or at least to know what lap you are on.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Return to “Announcements”