Maniaplanet 4 - July update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - July update

Post by Fix »

Alcator wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 12:28 Question: Did you, BY ANY CHANCE, change the geometry in Canyon in the "cave ceilings"? I have a track in which the car has to accelerate in such cave and then "fly out of it" - but now it keeps hitting the ceiling... Rendering the map unplayable.
Cave Roads have received a lot of bugfixes/optims. those are a lot of modifications and then a lot of possible side effects.
I can't answer exactly, but it's possible.
You can PM me the map, I 'll investigate what happened.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Thank you Hylis and Fix for keeping us informed.
I hope the team members who are on vacation at the moment have a good time. It's important to reset the mind and body from time to time.
As long as the major issues can still be handled we will be ok on this end.

One issue that seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to fix is the "look behind" view is still blocked by the vehicle in most environments.

Has there been any decisions made yet on the future of Official Title Packs that seem to be in limbo?
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
keeth

Post by keeth »

Thank you :1010
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

The look behind was for chase and we tried to adapt the mode to be spectator friendly without a commutation. There are still improvements to be done before judging if it would be good or not. So, 'fixing' it was not the priority. Maybe I was unaware of other reasons.

For Official pack, I expect that you are thinking of TM2 title packs according to previous posts ^^ It's still undecided since our biggest fear is to make something that could not be maintain in the future (which is tricky since it's exactly what we are talking about) I know a few and key people find this very important. This title has been made to make the community more together (according to players requests) However, it did not had these effects directly. I would rather look after knowing what would be needed on channels to have a bigger 'together' place, even if I am aware of many things we have to do. In addition to splitscreen & custom blocks, we are working on the Channel plug ins system to enable better features on the Channels themselves. It's a long debate/thinking, it will still take time for me to see it clear enough.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Understood.
Perhaps it could remain as an offline mode or something. (I'd hate to lose all the maps I've already made)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Elumes

Post by Elumes »

Hylis wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 13:59 [..] There are various things that are still being done, like the possibility to create version of blocks or splitscreen[..]
Is the splitscreen option by any chance related to the stereoscopy settings? I have mentioned this being broken before:

I've played quite alot of TM2 in VR by using the stereoscopy settings, using the Left/Right'-option and with VR-apps such as Virtual Desktop or Big Screen. HMD mode has obviously not worked.
- With Maniaplanet 4 this option of Left/Right has stopped working; The right part of the screen just turns black and mouse cursor stops working. HMD-mode does still not detect my Oculus headset, so right now there is no way to experience 3D :cry:
koopermatt

Post by koopermatt »

koopermatt wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 17:45 Hello, once again the internal downloader for Maniaplanet doesn't work with my crappy internet connection, so I'd like a mirror link of the update, please. Thank you.
Nobody?
Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 »

koopermatt wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 18:12
koopermatt wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 17:45 Hello, once again the internal downloader for Maniaplanet doesn't work with my crappy internet connection, so I'd like a mirror link of the update, please. Thank you.
Nobody?
https://files.v04.maniaplanet.com/setup ... upFull.zip
C'est Grandiose!
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Doesn't work at the moment, and the "full setup" is only the Maniaplanet base but no title since the last major update...
InfiniteSky

Post by InfiniteSky »

Nadeo what did you do with this game?? :(
I was played many years in Tm2canyon but now many bugs coming.
After Mp4 update I can't play online on many servers, I have errors with spec mode (cars stop moves and I see only spinning the wheels) and after few second game have disconnect. This is happening also when is started next map and "please wait..." screen.

I was try reinstall game but nothing changed.

Don't know what I should do yet.. please help.

Return to “Announcements”