Maniaplanet 4 - July update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - July update

Post by 745 »

A few issues that reduced a lot my activity in MP (in addition to other people's posts):

- Rubber marks won't go away, reducing framerate and compromising precision on corners.
- Dynamic daytime causes the game to stutter.
- Water splashes causes the game to stutter, making many Valley and Lagoon maps unplayable.
- The new UI reduces framerate, CP comparison bugs very often and lacks precision. Map info not available.
- Forever alone: nobody to play with in the modes I like.

non-Nadeo issue: server controllers are covering too much screen space with unnecessary information.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Argh

viewtopic.php?f=599&t=42453
ManiaDesign wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:46 Hey there,

since today, i got a weird bug and I don't know the cause..

Everything worked fine with my tmone tp, all files were included

Code: Select all

<folders>
		<folder name="Actions\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Blocks\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Items\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Maps\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Media\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Media\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Modules\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Replays\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Scripts\" public="true" internal="false"/>
		<folder name="Skins\" public="true" internal="false"/>
	</folders>
(also tried with internal="true" at all folders, but same result)
But since today, new files won't be included anymore in the packed titlepack, instead I must include them extra in the files-section, which I never needed before.
And the best thing: The mod is not even working. I can't really say the cause, as I didn't change anything in the XML today, but all I can say: we need a quick fix here!

I miss the old titlepack-system.. :(
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

eyebo wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 17:20 Yesterday I asked players on Mania Exchange and in the ShootMania Discord what bugs or missing features in the game they'd like to see fixed. Immediately there was a flood of feedback. I've compiled most of it into this post. Additionally, I've added some requests based on observing the issues players have had over these past few months since ManiaPlanet 4's release, usually comments from players on TM Discord.

Don't get me wrong, the game is overall great, and a lot of bugs have been fixed over the past few months. So a big thank you for all the work that's been done so far!

So these are ones that were either overlooked, or perhaps are harder to address than others. And maybe some will never be fixed. But I'm going to write about them anyway, just in case.
Thanks for the nice summary, by the way.
Some where fixed in todays update, but not all yet unfortunately..
Notably, shootmania replays remain very broken. But I'm on it next..
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

eyebo wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 17:20 Mania Exchange has a problem with replay uploads. And you may be able to help us solve it. It's actually the #1 most requested thing we hear about on MX. "When are you going to fix replay uploads?"

So, there are obviously thousands of maps built in the TMStadium title on MX. Many players enjoy playing on servers or in local play in the Competition TitlePack, and other TitlePacks, but we'll use Comp for this example. Maps that were built in the TMStadium title are often loaded onto servers in the Competition TitlePack and played. The resulting replays are saved with the esl_comp@lt_forever TitleID.

On Mania Exchange we currently don't allow replays to be uploaded that were driven in a different TitlePack from the one the map was built in. The main reason is we don't want someone to take a map built in TMStadium, and drive it a TitlePack with modified physics, and be able to drive a better time than otherwise possible.

What we need is some way to verify that the replay driven in a different TitlePack was driven using the same physics as the TitlePack the map was built in.

Perhaps the game could look at the map and what title it was built in (TMStadium). If the physics of the titlepack you're currently driving in (esl_comp@lt_forever) matches the physics of the original TitlePack, then save the replay with the TitleID of the original TitlePack the map was built in. Or have some way we can verify the map is using the original map's physics.

Your help would be much appreciated, and I know many players on MX would appreciate it as well!
That's a hard problem indeed.
Testing the TitleID is not really the solution either (I mean, it's probably pretty easy to hack the settings even when using the original title pack)
The real solution is to run the validation (using the "maniaplanetserver /validatepath=xxx" for instance). But I think I have to do something to be able to force using a specific title to check the replay.
I'll see what I can do, maybe it's not so hard to set the base titleid when adequate, and that'll be a good enough solution for most cases.

edit:
I made this change: "keep the titleid of the map in the replay, if no additional data is required from the current title by the script"
as a first step.
Demented

Post by Demented »

It's good to hear you talk about what are trying to do to get things smoothed out.
Thanks xbx.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

xbx wrote:I made this change: "keep the titleid of the map in the replay, if no additional data is required from the current title by the script"
as a first step.
:gobananas:

Thank you!!! :thx:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

Return to “Announcements”