Maniaplanet 4 - August update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - August update

Post by eyebo »

I too am loving this update rhythm. I'm glad you mentioned it Nerpson.

Also regarding this update...
keep the titleid of the map in the replay, if no additional data is required from the current title by the script
I posted about this on the TM and MX Discord servers and explained what it meant for MX and for players. My post got good reactions from Ender, Vulnerra, patrX, jensen, Timania, TMAsteria, MarciN, Dodeka, harule, Symbiose, Raptor, Poutrel, ZBluDriver, shortz, Eyohna, Clearvision, JR1988, Mekh, eFFecT, L1orX, Findus, Lucario, Flood, ben3847, Toyeca, HaagseSmurf, Duck, MeKecek, Racho, Bueddl, ChallengeSY, timmy, Owen J, Elvestad, Ozon, Pizzatoto, Eternity, Icenine, Rasque, Lucid, wohoohi, iemm, riolu, Adsun, and HYPE.

So, not everyone posts to the forums. But clearly people are pleased with this feature and how this will enable them to upload more replays to MX and participate more in the leaderboards there. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Here's a screenshot of the post. They even spelled out THXNADEO with their reactions. Isn't that sweet? :pop:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Miss

Post by Miss »

That's great! I didn't know that wasn't possible before, but it's nice that it was fixed.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

xbx wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 15:23 Libraries
Shootmania
Attributes: Let the user define a base value for each attribute for a specific player. If the player has a specific base value it will be used instead of the general one.
What does this mean?
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Okay, Clearvision has found a way to exploit the new way replays are saved. :?

He built a map in ESL Comp titlepack with items from that TP.
Then opened the map using "Local Play -> Single Map" in TMStadium title.
Game says items are missing, but gives option to "Load Anyway".
Map can be played without items, but replay is saved with esl_comp@lt_forever TitleID, thus making the replay possible to upload on MX.

Here's a map he built to test it on:
https://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/127535/

Well, you said...
xbx wrote:I made this change [...] as a first step.
To anyone reading this that may think of exploiting this before it's fixed, we will eventually find your replays, and we will destroy them. 8-)
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

kadaz wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:16
xbx wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 15:23 Libraries
Shootmania
Attributes: Let the user define a base value for each attribute for a specific player. If the player has a specific base value it will be used instead of the general one.
What does this mean?
Attributes is a library that can be included in custom game modes to manage player properties like the armor, speed, reload, ... Until now the base value for each property was common to all players. With the update it is possible to define a base value for each player.
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

well... these are my attributes.

I written out a huge thing, but i'm just too frustrated with the update, to explain all the reasons. :?

MP4 was enough to break alot of my previous work, the update forced me shut down on the titlepack server(s)
And in combination that there is not enough playerbase to be motivated to keep on developing.. I just quit. :x

I don't have the time and resources to start it back up again, unless :?: :?:

1. Playerbase goes way up :shock:
2. Game is made less complicated. :o

:idea: Solution (opinion for me)
*A global Maniaplanet live chatbox and voicerooms. (ie like Robocraft & NFSW)
*Group room chats to play together as a team.
*Free to Play all games, but paid editing, either as a bundle, or access to separate editing modes.
*Bye bye channels / agendas / warlords.
( Global Chat: HEY anyone want to play together, or lets talk about something.. Building game relationships. :roflol: )

:arrow: All the other additions are good..

Thats it. I gave alot extensive of time and effort, which some outside help with script editing, I spent nearly 6yrs and
got alot to show for it. With opening the doors to expanded single player, royal, and melee options.. We were there.. :cry:

But really, the game doesn't do it anymore, not enough playerbase and wrong direction with channels, etc..

It broke MELTDOWN titlepack, amongst other things. I had no idea what to prepare for, even thou I followed
all the previews, I thought it was just new advance options added to the game, but no, it was a makeover
and a downgrade. And that downgrade makeover made me done for. It was 3 steps forward, but 4 back..

Later, Bye for now. :cry:

Sir Knight aka KADAZ aka pardon.

:|
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online

Return to “Announcements”