Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - November update

Post by Florenzius »

Dommy wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 13:40
Florenzius wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 13:18 Yo, there is a small problem in the german translation in MediaTracker since the 6 years lol. "Depth of field" was called "Schärfentiefe", but it should be called "Tiefenschärfe". I corrected it online and please update the translation with the next update :)
You should be aware ManiaPlanet translations are usually bundled with any update, whenever there's a single change made.

On the other hand, could maybe Alinoa or Cerovan give you the "Translator" badge? 🤔

Mentions:
Alinoa wrote:
Cerovan wrote:
As long as it gets fixed sometime, it's ok. ^^
I've also proofread some segments and edited some, so they can be updated as well for the german version.
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Thank you Dommy for the remind :thumbsup: and Florenzius, you have your translator tag :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Alinoa wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 10:34 Thank you Dommy for the remind :thumbsup: and Florenzius, you have your translator tag :)
Nice, thank you :) :thx:
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

congrats :thumbsup:
VMan2002

Post by VMan2002 »

xbx wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 14:00 [*] the map wasn't properly unvalidated when editing in-game MT clips.
Oh. :|
tcq

Post by tcq »

I'm not quite up to date with all of the bug reports, so In case this was already described somewhere, please forgive me.

If you play solo and drive against a ghost you will get a faulty time displayed in case of driving an equal CP time.
For example, the CP time of the ghost is 14.503. If you drive the exact same time, the difference show on screen is a red displayed +14.503 instead of 0.000.
ripper_roo

Post by ripper_roo »

I don't think I've seen it reported, anyway I can confirm this bug, I got it a few times as well :)
Demented

Post by Demented »

I have been unable to play games for a while but recently started again and updated MP and TM² titles.
I love some of the fixes that have been made :thx: but there are a few issues that still really need some attention in Trackmania²:

~ No longer possible to race against Multiple Replays.
You can select multiple replays and selecting "VIEW" works fine, they all load, but when you select "PLAY" it only loads one. For me this is critical because it's the only way I really play Trackmania (Build tracks and race against multiple of my own replays). Also it would be nice to be able to "select all" like we used to be able to do.
(I would appreciate if someone could verify this one as I have not seen it reported yet).

~ Record Mediatracker Ghost still has no HUD. This has been an issue for a long time now.
If you create a trigger first in one of the sequences (like "End Race" or "In Game") the hud will be there but if you haven't done that first, NO HUD. This is an issues when you want to know what lap you are on or how fast you are going when testing sections of track.
[Edit Jan.5] Oops, Just tried this again and creating a trigger first does not allow the HUD to show up when recording replay. (Not sure why it worked the first time).

~ Validate mode does not show lap Number. This is an issue when testing/validating maps where you can take an optional final lap route.

~ Compute Shadows in Ultra, saved map, when I reopen the map I have to calculate shadows again even when making no changes.
Last edited by Demented on 13 Jan 2018, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

Demented wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 16:03 I have been unable to play games for a while but recently started again and updated MP and TM² titles.
I love some of the fixes that have been made :thx: but there are a few issues that still really need some attention in Trackmania²:

~ No longer possible to race against Multiple Replays.
You can select multiple replays and selecting "VIEW" works fine, they all load, but when you select "PLAY" it only loads one. For me this is critical because it's the only way I really play Trackmania (Build tracks and race against multiple of my own replays). Also it would be nice to be able to "select all" like we used to be able to do.
(I would appreciate if someone could verify this one as I have not seen it reported yet).

~ Record Mediatracker Ghost still has no HUD. This has been an issue for a long time now.
If you create a trigger first in one of the sequences (like "End Race" or "In Game") the hud will be there but if you haven't done that first, NO HUD. This is an issues when you want to know what lap you are on or how fast you are going when testing sections of track.
[Edit Jan.5] Oops, Just tried this again and creating a trigger first does not allow the HUD to show up when recording replay. (Not sure why it worked the first time).

~ Validate mode does not show lap Number. This is an issue when testing/validating maps where you can take an optional final lap route.

~ Compute Shadows in Ultra, saved map, when I reopen the map I have to calculate shadows again even when making no changes.
I'm bumping this because I have not yet heard any confirmation about these bugs (other than someone else reporting the "not being able to play against multiple selected replays" bug) and I also have some new information regarding the update and previous reports:

The "Record Mediatracker Ghost No HUD bug": I noticed that after validating my track the Record Ghost HUD was there, but then later after creating an intro, the HUD stopped working again and my track became UNVALIDATED. Then, even after revalidating the track, the HUD never worked again.
Very strange bug. Also the track becoming unvalidated after creating an intro is quite frustrating. Sometimes it's hard to get a great validation time.

[EDIT January 13]
Another new problem found, when Viewing Multiple Replays, after the first car reaches the finish the camera switches to the "Snapshot Camera" view instead of staying focused at the camera position used by the "Finish" trigger. (This was also a bug in the early MP4 Beta versions).

[EDIT February 11] (Thank you)
[FIXED] No longer possible to race against Multiple Replays.
[FIXED] Record Mediatracker Ghost still has no HUD.
[FIXED] after the first car reaches the finish the camera switches to the "Snapshot Camera"
Last edited by Demented on 11 Feb 2018, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
norko2007

Post by norko2007 »

[Mesh Modeler]

1.- About the Items.
With Items created by other users, when you enter the Mesh Modeler to see its properties without making any change to the item, when you leave the Mesh Modeler the item has changed its creator name, even if you have not made any changes. :o

Edit:
Example: The item FlatCPwide_eyebo.item.gbx are created by "xrayjay".
http://www.maniapark.com/ressource.php?id=3308
I enter the Mesh Modeler to see its properties without making any change to the item. I don´t save the file. I only see properties. Now the item has my name as the author.

2.- About the item icons.
STADIUM: When you create an item and add an icon to the item, the icon is not saved in the item itself. Then when sharing the item you must also share the icons. :(
CANYON: When you create an Item and you want to add an icon, the icon never appears. He does not even read it from the hard drive.
It would be great if the Item´s Icon could be stored inside the items, as does the Convert Assistant, which embeds the icon within the item
By the way, in Canyon Mesh Modeler there is no Turbo texture.

Edit:
[TEXTURES AND PHYSICS]
It would also be great to be able to add textures and physics separately. To be able to add the physics that one wishes for that item. This is done well in Convert Assistant with the *.xml files.
An option to add these parameters would be great because not everyone knows how to use Blender and convert Assistant.
My NEW Setup:
OS Win 10 PRO x64
MB: MSI MS-7971 :)
CPU: i7-7700, 3.6 GHz :thumbsup:
RAM: 16GB Crucial DDR4 ;)
GPU: RTX 2060 S 8GB :thumbsup:
HD: SSD 250GB KINGSTON :)
TV 42" Full HD :D
:pil

Return to “Announcements”