Maniaplanet 4 - November update

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - November update

Post by xbx »

Patriot1 wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 09:50 A miracle, today it works again.
No idea what happened.
If it ever occurs again, please download the debug exe with logs, try to repro the problem and send me the detailed log file it will write in the user dir foldeR.

(The latest debug exe is always available from:
files.v04.maniaplanet.com/setups/ManiaPlanetLogs.zip )
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

Florenzius wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 20:55 please help!
Can't pack tp's anymore
The server has been taught good manners and is now giving a correct reply...
Should work properly now!
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

xbx wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 13:03
Florenzius wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 20:55 please help!
Can't pack tp's anymore
The server has been taught good manners and is now giving a correct reply...
Should work properly now!
Thank you very much, it has been fixed :)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
tm2_stadium_beta

Post by tm2_stadium_beta »

Thanks for all the fixes guys! :thumbsup:
hardeepreehal wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 20:32
spyroz540 wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 19:43 pls can we have an AA update, anti aliasing FXAA is disgusting and there is funky looking lines on all the mapblocks over yonder, i want anti aliasing 16 saample :cry: on hd graphic :cry: :cry:
I am asking for same thing! We need better Anti Aliasing for this game so it makes game look really awesome, i cannot play trackmania 2 and shootmania anymore because the jaggy lines from FXAA are noticeable everywhere and it ruins experience for me. Hopefully the developers release update that will allow Anti Aliasing 16 sample in high definition trackmania to get rid of those nasty jaggies!
As far as I know, not every game engine allow hassle-free multisampling implementation. This might be the case here. But even if this is true, there are plenty of better alternatives to FXAA. SMAA is far better in my opinion. It usually better eliminates aliasing in motion and produces almost zero amount of blur. It's relatively easy to implement on almost any game engine. And still very light on GPU.
TSSAA and/or TAA also could be an option here.
But current situation with only FXAA for higher shader options is unacceptable, that's for sure.
hardeepreehal

Post by hardeepreehal »

tm2_stadium_beta wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 22:42 Thanks for all the fixes guys! :thumbsup:
hardeepreehal wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 20:32
spyroz540 wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 19:43 pls can we have an AA update, anti aliasing FXAA is disgusting and there is funky looking lines on all the mapblocks over yonder, i want anti aliasing 16 saample :cry: on hd graphic :cry: :cry:
I am asking for same thing! We need better Anti Aliasing for this game so it makes game look really awesome, i cannot play trackmania 2 and shootmania anymore because the jaggy lines from FXAA are noticeable everywhere and it ruins experience for me. Hopefully the developers release update that will allow Anti Aliasing 16 sample in high definition trackmania to get rid of those nasty jaggies!
As far as I know, not every game engine allow hassle-free multisampling implementation. This might be the case here. But even if this is true, there are plenty of better alternatives to FXAA. SMAA is far better in my opinion. It usually better eliminates aliasing in motion and produces almost zero amount of blur. It's relatively easy to implement on almost any game engine. And still very light on GPU.
TSSAA and/or TAA also could be an option here.
But current situation with only FXAA for higher shader options is unacceptable, that's for sure.
So do you think there will be an update with SMAA anti aliasing? I have tried using Reshade to force inject SMAA into the game but it didn't really work well for me, for some reason.

Post by 745 »

We're needing the ability to turn off dynamic daytime on player side. On some configs, dynamic daytime freezes the game, meaning there's a "bomb" every few maps. Really stressful.
moledig

Post by moledig »

I'm glad to see someone is working on fixing bugs but what puzzles me is what is worked on and what keeps getting over looked.

I would really like to see my ladder rank be display correctly again on the score screen.
I would like to see customer advertisements work again.
I would like to see my friends car skins and they see mine so they know it is me passing them. :)
(what's the point of having a racing team if your car keeps changing?)
And I would REALLY like to have my custom horn back.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Aside from the issues that seem to stem from p2p/downloading not working, what's wrong with the ladder rank? It shows properly on my profile, at least.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
SoraTWE

Post by SoraTWE »

only 'bug' with ladder points I have seen so far was,that,when my teammate,who hasn't yet 90k,finally reached 90k ,she has then after reaching the exact 90k, rank 151 and my other teammates had rank 191,also all 90k..maybe 151 is the 'most in front position' for 90k ladderpoints
but after the next day it was ok..(don't know the exactly rank anymore,but it shows what I mean ;))

for the custom cars,you have to create a locator file,otherwise it really doesn't load..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-8PRyA ... e=youtu.be
here I found a good tutorial about locator file ,from Tatsuto

I also agree that the P2P isn't that good anymore than before,with locatorfile normally 1 map and you see the custom car,
without locator 3-4 maps.
But I am pretty sure this is also an aseco /recordtool function,were you can enable/disable custom cars...maybe that's why..:)
Miss

Post by Miss »

SoraTWE wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 16:57 only 'bug' with ladder points I have seen so far was,that,when my teammate,who hasn't yet 90k,finally reached 90k ,she has then after reaching the exact 90k, rank 151 and my other teammates had rank 191,also all 90k..maybe 151 is the 'most in front position' for 90k ladderpoints
but after the next day it was ok..(don't know the exactly rank anymore,but it shows what I mean ;))
I think that has to do with masterserver caching certain ladder data. Not sure.
I also agree that the P2P isn't that good anymore than before,with locatorfile normally 1 map and you see the custom car,
without locator 3-4 maps.
Yeah that sounds like a bug :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Announcements”