Nadeo

Maniaplanet 4 - March update

Post by xbx »

Hello everybody!

Here is a small update to Maniaplanet.

Main changes:
  • SM: fix the "Lagging rockets" bug.
  • Improvements to LAN / offline mode:
  • Server: fix the lan server browser to allow connecting to multiple servers with the same ip.
  • Server: fix the connection from an "offline" client to a gameserver not running in lan mode. (if the <system_config><check_login_signature_for_lan> is not set.)
  • Mediatracker/TM: merge runs from a player in a single track
  • Mediatracker/SM: fix the rocket firing effects
  • Mediatracker/SM: fix the simple editor
  • Menu/TM: fixes the Titlecontrol.PlaySplitscreen() variant without matchsettings.xml
  • TM: updated mode scripts (changelog).
  • crash fixes.
have fun!

edit 2018-03-29: I've uploaded a small exe fix for a couple of crashes/regressions.

Re: Maniaplanet 4 - March update

Post by 745 »

Profiles broken today.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Thank you! :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

745 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:54 Profiles broken today.
epitome of laconic! :1010

Can you be a bit more specific?

Post by 745 »

Some, or all fields missing on in-game profile information. I'm also unable to take screenshot of it, there's no file on screenshot folder.
SpeedyTM

Post by SpeedyTM »

745 wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 21:03 Some, or all fields missing on in-game profile information. I'm also unable to take screenshot of it, there's no file on screenshot folder.
Window mode and then use a screenshot tool?
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

Ahoi,

it seems my account (and some other of my 'friends' as well) get disconnect somewhen from the Masterserver (or the profile losing the connection to the masterserver or smth.). I can not see my planets anymore, can't open a Manialink etc. Browserlist is freezed. The problem itself is temporaly solved, when I restart the game.

https://www.sloppi.de/public/dd.png

this happens quite often since the update. Maybe my Kaspersky got an Update as well, I will test it later^^
Edit: The solotimes don't load too^^
McBain

Post by McBain »

As Kripke mentioned it seems to be related to losing the connection to Masterserver somehow.

If you start Maniaplanet everything is ok but dont worry after about 30min to 60min everything is broken.
  • you cant join other servers anymore
  • you cant chat anymore with your friends
  • you cannot see whats going on in channels
  • you cannot see any logins anymore if you click to a profile
  • the calender icon shows update problems (failed reloading)
  • but: you are not being kicked from the server you are playing on. as long as you stay
its very annoying tbh :/
daisy2

Post by daisy2 »

I dont know if it has to do with the update as I only purchased the game yesterday. So far one of the worst purchase and download experiences ever. Trying for the last 10 hours to update the game files. After the first successful update I still could not activate the game. The keys where not accepted. so I uninstalled the game (not uninstalling my user files) and tried to re-install. Of course it wants do re-download the update. This only works till 5 out of 15 and stops and 16mb with error 12002. Uninstall, reinstall, same thing. Hitting re-try along the way. opened a steam account but am unable to connect the accounts. 10 hours later I decide to completely uninstall including user files. Now I am stuck on 10 of 15. counts till 110 ish MB stops jumps back to 16.8 MB, repeats thsi 3 times and comes up with error 12002. If I abort and re-start it does not pick up at all. This download manager is seriously not working and an alternative download would be appreciated.
Miss

Post by Miss »

3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Announcements”