Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Guerro323

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by Guerro323 »

Ooooh, I like the look of the new Stadium, the blocks look super fresh (like how Turbo did it), the car is absolutely beautiful to see (the speed-o-meter, the way you can see the current ranking, the air-brake thing on the car), it's just beautiful :yes:

I didn't expected this, but I'm now extremely curious to see more news :thumbsup:
C'est Grandiose!
BigBang1112

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by BigBang1112 »

Kinda surprised my prediction of Stadium sequel went true, but at the same time, I thought of something more unique and less same...

I really like those new small features though.
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- ENVIMIX (out in open-source)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows
Miss

Post by Miss »

It looks REALLY good, and all the new features are VERY VERY good. Looking forward to playing this! I'm a bit conflicted though, but we'll need more information to be certain.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

Please make times like this in a game 0:13.897 or something that would make it really nice still nice upgrade of a nice game +1
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
sircascade

Post by sircascade »

It's cool I won't lie. But I got a question, what will be the effect this has on maniaplanet as a whole in terms of development and support. It's cool to see a new game with a bunch of improvements, but what else lies forward, because I have a feeling there's way more to it outside of the changes announced on the stream.
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Where can I signup for Alpha/Beta access?

Have some development ideas in mind.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Congrats on announcing the new game! After 14 years, it's nice to see Stadium get a total overhaul. Blocks are looking good!!! Also loving some of those new features. Blocks placed off-grid (with clips)? :1010 And loving the look of the new car and the on-car features like position and speed. Really great for keeping your focus on the track.

I also saw the button for Mesh Modeler, so I'm hopeful it's in there too. Although I know this is an early edition and surely not feature complete.

GG Nadeo ! :3
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Miss

Post by Miss »

Did y'all see that new respawn behavior too? You basically retain your speed/angle since passing the checkpoint. :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Fun fact: in the editor, Hylis used a script from a Shootmania folder. :D

Return to “Announcements”