Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

laracroft

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by laracroft »

With this maniaplanet will die even more they should have built turbo and this one into the maniaplanet world and not stand alones, how are they going to make mania planet great again instead of the almost hibernation state we reached now?
Miss

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by Miss »

I love how everyone's jumping to conclusions when there's almost no information yet.. :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
hackie

Post by hackie »

Miss wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 14:54 I love how everyone's jumping to conclusions when there's almost no information yet.. :D
+1

I'm just wondering what will happen to Maniaplanet.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Toninus

Post by Toninus »

I'm also waiting for more info. But if this game is THE GAME Nadeo is working on since 2016, all the informations we have for now are a little disappointing. So I hope we'll get more very soon.

Florenzius wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 12:32I don't think more vehicles would help. Note, this is not supposed to be Turbo 2 or bring the same arcade-style. The main focus lies on e-sports here, so I assume only the StadiumCar will be the vehicle. The same goes for collisions. I think online they would not make any sense at all (and be very hard to implement properly) and who knows how much new stuff they want to add for solo modes. This is all still very WIP and I think much will still change in the upcoming weeks.
It depends on a lot of things. I don't think something that is just a graphical revamp + a few new functionnalities would help a game that has lost popularity to go back in front of the scene. It might bring some new players in but that's all...
So I really hope that NADEO took time to make something bigger than what we know for now. Also notice that the game is simply called TM, which means it's probably the base for all the upcoming Trackmania stuff.
Last edited by Toninus on 01 Mar 2020, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 20:48I don't think something that is just a graphical revamp + a few new functionnalities would help a game that has lost popularity to go back in front of the scene. It might bring some new players in but that's all...
This is pretty big already! Nadeo doing a remake of Nations (a game that almost every gamer knows and has played at one point in their life) and focusing it on e-sports is pretty promising and is bound to get more players than just "some".

Also I am very certain that we're going to be seeing a lot more with these improvements soon, particularly in the other environments... these changes are too good to only have in Stadium! It's kinda like the engine changes that we saw in Turbo, they were too good not to bring to Maniaplanet either, and eventually we got them.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 20:48 It might bring some new players in but that's all...
I am sure the game is mainly aimed at new players for now. Note, it's been revealed together with Zerator, who promotes this game with his ZrT cup, and also the Grand League will be happening there. Both events (and possibly a lot more) bring a big potential to gain a wider audience and playerbase. Sometimes you can't rely on the work done before - but you have to revolutionize and see if you can drastically improve the situation.
Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 20:48 So I really hope that NADEO took time to make somethiing bigger than what we know for now. Also notice that the game is simply called TM, which means it's probably the base for all the upcoming Trackmania stuff.
Yes, they are working on much more and the "big project" they often mentioned is definitely not the new TrackMania game. I'm pretty certain they will bring the additions from TM (2020) to ManiaPlanet at some point, be it MP5.
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Toninus

Post by Toninus »

Miss wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 21:20
Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 20:48I don't think something that is just a graphical revamp + a few new functionnalities would help a game that has lost popularity to go back in front of the scene. It might bring some new players in but that's all...
This is pretty big already! Nadeo doing a remake of Nations (a game that almost every gamer knows and has played at one point in their life) and focusing it on e-sports is pretty promising and is bound to get more players than just "some".

Also I am very certain that we're going to be seeing a lot more with these improvements soon, particularly in the other environments... these changes are too good to only have in Stadium! It's kinda like the engine changes that we saw in Turbo, they were too good not to bring to Maniaplanet either, and eventually we got them.
Yes but it's just a remake of a game that hasn't aged that much visually. And worked fine in e-sports.

On another point, I doubt they'd do big changes in Maniaplanet again. The alpha we saw had some graphic elements of Maniaplanet interface in it, but I think it will be changed, and this new TM will have nothing related to MP at all.
There has been a lot of critics about Maniaplanet, and NADEO telling that they want to make a more polished game overall makes me think MP won't change much anymore...
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

What worries me the most:

What will happen to the Maniaplanet version of Stadium alias TM²Stadium?
Martelprod

Post by Martelprod »

Big years of TRACKMANIA again => It must be FREE :lovehylis
Any help/request about SRE title, NRL races, NRL ROC, NRL Events.....
=> nrltracks@live.fr

http://www.tm-nascar.com
thewne

Post by thewne »

When you open Trackmania 2, it says there should be another announcement on March 2nd (today), so what's this about? :o

Return to “Announcements”