A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

thewne

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by thewne »

2 weeks to go. :pil
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Seitaro wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 16:43 Soo... Announcement video mentions uPlay and Epic Games. Any chance this game will be on Steam as well?
It's doubtful. Ubisoft seems to be staying away from Steam for now.

Ubisoft Explains Why It Doesn't Release Games On Steam

I'll be getting the game on Uplay. I already use it for TM Turbo.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

par Alinoa » 27 mai 2020, 20:37

Hello,

In the Standard edition you can play on dedicated servers or rooms (like in Trackmania Turbo) which are public but you can't create a room or a dedicated server.It's members of the Club editions who can create rooms and dedicated servers.

salut
on voudrai savoir quand sera disponible le dedicated server pour le nouveau TM 2020 ?.travailler sur un système de serveur de records et de rang

de SSM°Speed

Hello
we would like to know when will be available the dedicated server for the new TM 2020 ???????to work on a records and rank server system

salut
aucune réponse ??????

Hello

no answer ???
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Aucune réponse, c'est normal si le ton reste impertinent comme-ça. :roll:

Beaucoup de choses sont en préparation actuellement, il faut tout simplement attendre. :)

Many things are in preparation, we simply have to wait. :)
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

salut

pourtant ma question est simple

on pourra ou pas installer un système de records sur le nouveau TM 2020

je voie pas l'impertinent la dedans ?

Hello

yet my question is simple

we may or may not install a record system on the new TM 2020

de SSM°Speed
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
Nymix93

Post by Nymix93 »

I can confirm that, as a developer I am planning to develop a controller or at least some tools for the new Trackmania game.
Unfortunately there is no information yet about dedicated servers, APIs, etc. available, so I unfortunately can not start my implementations at all.
At least some basic information (e.g. that there is still the RPC-API available with similar methods) would be very helpful.
ZedKGaming

Question

Post by ZedKGaming »

Who is happy that Trackmania is going to be free? :3 (partly)
thewne

Post by thewne »

Some ZeratoR videos from his livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGQobzPPdKU (First part of the solo campaign)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7oH0xJF4M (Second part of the solo campaign)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isUDIbiYeLQ (Talking about the price and first part of mapping)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0qGzu6kkY (Second part of mapping)
Foril
Location: Lyon, Rhône, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FRANCE, Terre, Voie Lactée, Univers

Post by Foril »

thewne wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 06:56 Some ZeratoR videos from his livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGQobzPPdKU (First part of the solo campaign)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7oH0xJF4M (Second part of the solo campaign)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isUDIbiYeLQ (Talking about the price and first part of mapping)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0qGzu6kkY (Second part of mapping)
Stylish ! Sub day 1 !
Thank you for the links.
Vivement que ça sorte !
Some works on ShootMania : viewtopic.php?f=439&t=29516
Tekay37

Post by Tekay37 »

I just want to share some of my thoughts about some aspects of what information we got about the new ranking system. I really like the approach with exponential point distribution. I already love that in TM² where I get just a couple dozen or maybe 100 points when I play a map for the first time and when I put a lot of effort into a map, eventually improving my time by maybe 0.2 seconds, it means getting another 1,000 or even 10,000 points. That within itself feels very rewarding and motivating. I think it is a very good thing that we still have this concept.

In the newest interview Hylis said that he would like to have the community decide about the distribution of points as soon as possible. Having slept over that information, I wonder how that would look like (It would have to be inside the game, right?) and whether that's a good idea in the first place. Because I see some issues with it.

1. Different interests
Players love different things about the game. There are different map styles already like Tech, Dirt, ZrT, Fullspeed, RPG, Kacky, and with the new game I have already seen new styles (like Golf) and can easily think of more (like wingsuit). Understandably a Dirt-only player would like to get as high in the ranking system as a Tech-only player and both may argue that Kacky is not a skill-related map style and therefore it should be rewarded less. This could lead to players advocating in an opportunistic way about how trophies should be distributed instead of seeing the big picture of the game, which can then lead to useless fights between community members, toxicity, and frustration.

2. Complexity
When distributing the trophies there are several aspects you could take into account: How well was the event organized? How regular is the event organized? What kind of players attend(ed) to the event? How many players watched the event live on twitch and/or youtube? How many players participated in a single event? How difficult were the maps being played? How much price money was there?
Most of this can be seen as valuable metrics, but different events could get the same amount of trophies because of different metrics. There might even be some events that want to be large and popular but stay at the like trophy5-level to not attract too many pro players, but the amateur players instead. On the other hand there might be smaller tournaments (like Solary Cup) that are about high-level competition. Apart from the money, this kind of event needs trophy7 or trophy8 rewards to attract high-level players.

So far I don't see a good way to just give a vault of trophies equal to 3 Trophy9 to the community and let us figure out the rest, even though I see that as kind of a utopian solution. I think it would be better to have event organizers "request" a certain amount of trophies for either a single event or an event series. Trophy1-3 can probably always be accepted. Trophy 4-6 would require some kind of effort from the organizers like an event logo, ingame advertising for the event, and could be limited to 1 Trophy6 per week or so. Trophy 7-9 would require some close interaction with someone from Nadeo and those events should always be live-streamed by the organizers (accessible internationally, this means at least 1 English stream). This way the prestige of an event is also reflected by the effort the organizers put into it.

See y'all on the track. ✌🏼

Return to “Announcements”