A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by TMarc »

It was just a silly question, which i saw as silly joke only, sorry.
You cannot "buy" a new game with coppers from an outdated game :!:
You will also not be able to "purchase" anything new with the planets from Maniaplanet either.
It has alwas been like that. Only online ingame content (like skins, custom title packs, map packs) can be obtained with the older games, nothing else.
Or in other words, the coppers and planets are only virtual goods for use in these specific games only.

The new trackmania will have its own ecosystem and possibly its own virtual currency as well then,
which most probably cannot be combined with the older games.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Akbalder wrote: 29 May 2020, 21:53 I really don't like the subscription model. Loosing acces to something I payed for is frustrating.

It doesn't work at all for a game focused on creations.
I would be very upset if I was forced to buy another subscription to be able to play/edit my/my friends' maps.
Well, if you read the blogpost you would know that you don't "lose access" to any of the things you just mentioned. Your creations will stay, and you can still play custom maps in the arcade. (We don't know the details about "editing" I suppose, but at least none of your content disappears.)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
megaman1111

Post by megaman1111 »

I don't really understand what are the online features available for the free edition. What is the Arcade Channel?
Smigles

Re: New Trackmania 01.07.2020 // All media resources

Post by Smigles »

So do i get this right, this is a re-re-release of stadium and we are supposed to pay for it yearly?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You are not forced to pay anything if you can live with the features of the free version.
gexgekko

Post by gexgekko »

Question about skin customization:

Will we be able to customize our cars in the free/standard versions of the game at least for ourselves? Like in TM2 free version you could see your own skin but others would see the default on your car. I really want to have a cool looking car and I can't afford Club version (and won't actually use any other features like competitions, clubs, etc so 30 euros/year is too much for just the skin custom).

I really wish you have at least the posibillity to wear a skin only you can see.
Sandhawk

Post by Sandhawk »

gexgekko wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:39 Question about skin customization:

Will we be able to customize our cars in the free/standard versions of the game at least for ourselves? Like in TM2 free version you could see your own skin but others would see the default on your car. I really want to have a cool looking car and I can't afford Club version (and won't actually use any other features like competitions, clubs, etc so 30 euros/year is too much for just the skin custom).

I really wish you have at least the posibillity to wear a skin only you can see.
I strongly support this issue on the possibilities of customization. :thumbsup:
It was great if full details on the possibilities of expanding the game depending on the subscriptions were disclosed:

1. Support for using custom car skins
2. Support for the use of custom car models
3. Support for using texture packs
4. Support for using custom objects and blocks on the track
5. Support for creating custom objects and blocks in the mesh editor
6. Support for the use of custom music on the track
7. Support for the use of custom music from the user directories - Editor, Race and Replay
Nymix93

Post by Nymix93 »

First of all, I really understand and even like the new payment model. It ensures to have enough regular incomes to be able to further improve the game in the future. I think 10€ or even the 30€ per year should be affordable for everyone who is really interested in this game.

I have a lot of questions concerning the new game, maybe at least some of them could be answered:
1) Club Access:
a) I interpret clubs as a kind of group everyone with the Club Access can join and then access exclusive content created by the club owner. So it could either be used by clans to create private rooms and share contents with their members but also for skin creators to share their skins. Is that the correct interpretation of clubs?
b) Can skins now only be acquired by club memberships or can they still be shared on external websites and copying them into the skins folders?
c) Can the skins still be completely different 3D models or do they only modify the paint of the default stadium car?

2) Can users with Starter Access also join online rooms and dedicated servers or only Standard Access members?

3) Dedicated servers and rooms:
a) Is the number of rooms and dedicated servers per user limited? Or could I create e.g. 4 dedicated servers with my one Club Access account?
b) I did not play much TM Turbo. What exactly is the difference between a room and a dedicated server? Are rooms only temporarily available while the player that created the room is online or do they exist permanently?
c) Do dedicated servers still have the XMLRPC API to be customizable?

4) General
a) Do you plan to use the new Trackmania as the new platform which will be extended by new features and environments in the future? Or will it stay only Stadium and new environments would again be a new game?
b) Can tracks still be shared in the interned by sharing the track files?
c) Only Standard Access members can access player creators and the track of the day. But can't those members just share the tracks e.g. in a dedicated server or on external websites or is this prevented somehow?

I'm looking forward to get answers to at least some of my questions 8-)
Last edited by Nymix93 on 31 May 2020, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
lukakas157

Post by lukakas157 »

Nymix93 wrote: 31 May 2020, 12:40 2) Can users with Starter Access also join online rooms and dedicated servers or only Standard Access members?
Sadly, they can't join on dedicated servers, only few limited Nadeo rooms aka "Arcade Channel".
megaman1111

Post by megaman1111 »

Someone posted a fan gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7mXsUL ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Announcements”