A new Trackmania game will be out in May, 5th!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Darkhawk

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in May, 5th!

Post by Darkhawk » 03 Mar 2020, 11:47

Miss wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 19:22
laracroft wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 19:12
tbh i'm quite sad it's like you gave up on maniaplanet
Yet again, this is a conclusion based on nothing factual. Nadeo hasn't said much yet about the future of Maniaplanet. But I have high hopes, if you remember what happened when Turbo got released.

Actually this IS factual. Some of the people that were at Lyon said, that this new game will eventually replace TM2:S in terms of competitions. Also it was said they will discontinue support sooner or later.

And bringing up Turbo is a bad comparison since that game was purely made to get to the console market and was nowhere close as ambitious as this new TM wants to be.

Miss

Post by Miss » 03 Mar 2020, 14:02

Darkhawk wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 11:47
Miss wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 19:22
laracroft wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 19:12
tbh i'm quite sad it's like you gave up on maniaplanet
Yet again, this is a conclusion based on nothing factual. Nadeo hasn't said much yet about the future of Maniaplanet. But I have high hopes, if you remember what happened when Turbo got released.

Actually this IS factual. Some of the people that were at Lyon said, that this new game will eventually replace TM2:S in terms of competitions. Also it was said they will discontinue support sooner or later.

And bringing up Turbo is a bad comparison since that game was purely made to get to the console market and was nowhere close as ambitious as this new TM wants to be.
I bring up Turbo because its new engine features were all introduced when Maniaplanet 4 came out. The new game is exactly the same - a "limited" (environment wise) experience that shows tons of new engine features. I expect a completely similar thing as Turbo to happen here.

Also, if Maniaplanet is being "completely replaced", I don't see the problem with that? If all the environments are eventually coming wouldn't it be the same thing as Maniaplanet anyway, just better? Just instead of "Maniaplanet" you'd just have a "Trackmania" game. It's quite simple. (One would also expect a separate Shootmania to be announced at some point, too.)
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

Yrp360

Post by Yrp360 » 03 Mar 2020, 22:45

My support to the whole NADEO team, can't wait 'till mai :pil

JakJak

Post by JakJak » 04 Mar 2020, 16:11

Ohters Pic ;)

*(The "Solo" and "Live" categories have the same sub-menu "Spring 2020" and "Track of the days.")

*(this is the category the name here is different "solo" and "live")

(have the mp4 bar at the end. )

Other pic :
Mood map ( mods? ):
Creat Part ( new interface for replay editor in this pic )
Map Editor /control
functionnalize map recording locally (play hotseat), or online (live test ) or nadeo will select a map for its "track of the day".
Pc : Asus G55VW / Intel i7-3630QM / GPU: Gtx 660m / Ram: 32go / x64 / Windows 10 Pro / display : 1366x768
Web Site : https://www.jak-jak.net/

reggie1000
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by reggie1000 » 04 Mar 2020, 16:33

Hi :)

Maybe post these in the resources thread instead :thumbsup:
Nadeo|Lama on ManiaPlanet :D
I work on the map editor, plugins and more.

Hit me up in french, dutch or english :thumbsup:

MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS » 04 Mar 2020, 20:23

The new menu is nice imho, clean and intuitive (if the new TM is a standalone title, MP menus are messy for new players).

I liked the speedometer on the car itself in a screen instead of a license plate.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster

Toninus

Post by Toninus » 05 Mar 2020, 02:37

May I post some dreamy wishes about the new TM ?
Well it's gratuit (as all these thing have probably been decided for ages now) but here I go :

New environments will come after Stadium. Each one related to a season, the first being announced around E3 and released this autumn. Then one release every 9 months (6/9/6 months works too) :
- Autumn : japanese inspired with temples, autumn forests and mountain rally roads. drifting rally-like car.
- Summer : desert inspired by north africa, with also some beaches, palm trees and hotels or traditional old buildings. buggy / allroad type car.
- Spring : modern city with lots of flowering trees. high speed formula-one like car that can drive vertically on buildings if above a certain speed.
- Winter : european mountains or scandinavia themed with some old school muscle cars.
(Won't fit season stereotypes for tropics and southern hemisphere players, so can be named otherwise.)

New physics : OK for stadium to stay the same, but I would love the new cars to have a more realistic feeling : mass transfert, grip loss when braking and such stuff. In the other hand tracks should be very neat and not have weird bugs or any random feeling.

Cars tuning : possibility to tune your car (suspates, bakes strenght, rear/front power ratio, acceleration/Vmax...). Possibility to save setups and switch them quickly ingame. Tracks should be validated with the standard setup, and there will be an option to lock it on some servers.

Damage model : if activated, cars can break and lose wheels. Also wish for a multiplayer mode with player collisions. Would need a special start block and maybe a lower player limit. Also, if new modes are coming afterward, why not the possibility to have physical objects, like for example, a ball with its own physics, for some rocket league style mode...

Load boost mode : instead of getting the boost when driving on a turbo block, its loads a bar you can use whenever you want (as nitro in the NFS games).

These last 3 points could be available as "mutators" like there was in Unreal Tournament. The host would be able to chose which ones he wants, and they will appear on the server browser.

Mutator editor and all other tools aside map, painter and replay ones should be separate executables to keep the game interface clean.

I know some of these ideas may not fit the "TM purity" but still, I would love to see them !

Demented

Post by Demented » 05 Mar 2020, 16:21

Sounds interesting.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

glide33

Post by glide33 » 06 Mar 2020, 19:35

I have nothing against the idea of remaking Stadium, but the problem is that it doesn't look like much like a remake. The tracks still have the same basic design (although I admit the ice is a neat addition), the car doesn't look very original and I can't believe they're still using that same tired old stadium background. It just looks bland, honestly. I can only hope the physics are changed at least a little.

Miss

Post by Miss » 06 Mar 2020, 19:46

Huh. That's an interesting take. The stadium is twice as big, has a bunch of new dynamic screens, there's tons of new blocks, tons of new mechanics, tons of new technical improvements in the engine.. honestly I don't know how anyone could possibly say "it doesn't look like much like a remake". What exactly were you expecting from a Nations remake? :P
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

Return to “Announcements”