suggestion to separate this forum part for SM and TM

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Alexey85

suggestion to separate this forum part for SM and TM

Post by Alexey85 »

The reasons are following:

1. I open forum in the root to see if there are last posts with dates later than I last checked. I'm interested only in SM and MP. Suppose I see a date of last post in Community/Events later than I last checked. I have no idea if it is something new for SM or TM, so I have to open it. Each time it is for TM I have wasted a click and time. If Community/Events was separate sections for SM and TM, I would immediately know if a last post is for SM or TM, so I would save time and effort if is for TM.

2. Often thread titles in Community/Events don't have indication if it is for SM or TM. Additionally, if there is a new post in Title Packs, Media, Events, I have to click it and see if it is for SM or not. If Community/Events was separate sections for SM and TM, I would immediately know if a last post is for SM or TM, so I would save time and effort if is for TM.

Same goes for players interested only in TM.

There is not a lot of activity in this sections so the damage is small but it would be nice to avoid it completely.
Demented

Re: suggestion to separate this forum part for SM and TM

Post by Demented »

As someone only interested in TM and (hopefully someday) QM, I agree. I have no interest at all in SM and often find myself reading things only to find that it doesn't pertain to what interests me. So yea, I can totally relate, but from another perspective. It's not a big deal but it would be nice if they were separated.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Yeah, what ^^ he^^ said. ;)
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

At least for the community / media subforum, a separation between TM, SM and QM would be good.

On the other hand, this is Maniaplanet forum.
And certainly many TM players who are active here are also SM players.
I would not want to have to look in separated forums.
It is already ugly enough in Steam, where smart users post the same questions in all forums... :roll:

If you want to se only news in SM subforum, then link exactly that as start point.
SM forum: viewforum.php?f=10
New posts in SM forum: see the links there above, just below the Forum rules, which is also in each subforum:
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

unfortunately I can't paste it here as link because of the braces... so only as code you can copy and paste in your browser:

Code: Select all

https://forum.maniaplanet.com/search.php?search_id=newposts&fid[]=10
Other forum systems might allow to subscribe to subforums individually, but we don't have that here, and a change of the system is probably also not intended or at least not planned on short to mid term.
Cerovan can certainly give a better answer here :)
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

TMarc wrote:[...]If you want to se only news in SM subforum, then link exactly that as start point.
SM forum: viewforum.php?f=10
New posts in SM forum: see the links there above, just below the Forum rules, which is also in each subforum:
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
[...]
I know there is SM subforum but it doesn't have its sections for Title Packs, Media and Events. Instead we have this subforum that contains both SM and TM together which is not ideal.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Perhaps people could be requested to add the tags [TM SM or QM] to subject headings and/or moderators could add them if it pertains to one or the other and not MP in general.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Tags wouldn't help.
First, people would miss tags anyway. Second, the problem with last messages remains - I always open root page to see if interesting for me subforums have new messages by looking at the last post date, if I see there is a new post in Community/Events, I have to open it, then I see the new message is in Media, I open the Media, then I see that a new message is for TM which I don't have interest for, so I have wasted two clicks. And if the new topic is not clear if it is for SM or TM, I would have to make a third click to find out.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

but seriously, why you make us check all these new threads and messages that turn out to be irrelevant to our interests? it's annoying and frustrating.

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”