I had plans to release this game mode back in February, but it finally came out yesterday. I'm presenting you the new Pursuit spin-off called Hunters!
How does it work?
- Like in Pursuit, gameplay is focusing on catching players. Game requires 3 players to play.
- Every player receives their unique Target. Your task is to catch your own Target in order to get +1 point.
- Since everyone have their Targets, it means you are also a Target to a player called your Hunter (this player cannot be your Target or the player you just caught). If the mode is set to show the Hunter and they catch you, you will lose -1 point. Otherwise, you won't lose anything.
- If you are hunted by someone, you have to wait 5 seconds standing still to respawn.
- The game ends after someone reaches score of 25 points, or the 5 minutes time limit goes out. Player with the biggest amount of points after game ends wins.
Nimz eSports is hosting the official and only server for Hunters game mode. Join us by clicking the link below:
http://maniaviewer.com/?site=serverlist ... s_pursuit2
This game mode is not available for public download (yet).
However, you can browse libraries used by the game mode on my GitHub repository.
How to build a map
- Game mode works best with maps created for Pursuit game mode.
- You don't need to use a special map type to build a Pursuit / Hunters map.
- It's highly recommended to use a multilap start block. Since finishing an point-to-point map respawns the player, multilap map will never do it, as it's played without lap limit.
- Your map should be open and easy to drive on. Create some nice arena surrounded by some kind of border, which cannot be jumped over.
- Avoid placing blocks that can be used to glitch inside of / under the map.
- Try to avoid using turbo blocks on a both-way roads (use them for example for creating ramps).
Map creators can use the OffZone editor plugin in order to define spots at which players are automatically caught (to prevent glitching outside arena, etc.).
1. Download and install the OffZonePlacing.Script.txt in your Scripts\EditorPlugins\TrackMania folder. Restart editor, enter plugins mode (shortcut: P) and select OffZonePlacing to activate it.
2. Now, when creating your map, you can enter OffZone mode, like in ShootMania and edit the zones that respawn players. You can also make the plugin show these zones all the time, even when currently not editing them (for easier building).
3. You can even edit your map in ShootMania to add original, visual effect to your OffZones.
Note: The OffZone plugin will be soon implemented directly in Essentials editor plugin.