Mod Ideas - Lagoon

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

null8fuenf10

Mod Ideas - Lagoon

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi @ll,

i posted it before, but its been a while since and i posted it in closed Subforum.

So, i decided to post it again in the Community Forums.

I have two ideas for Lagoon Mods and i'm sure they would fit perfectly into the Lagoon Secenery. 8-)

I'm not skilled enough to do mods by myself. So i hope someone who is, loves the ideas, too and do this. :3

• The first idea, is a "Sonic, the Hedgehog" Mod. The Lagoon Scenery could be perfect for this! Lagoon is fast, Sonic is fast! Yeah!
  • The second one is a "Pirates (of the Caribean)" Mod. With a wooden Rollercoaster, Pirateships and overall looking of this kind of age.

This are the two most important ideas i had, i would love to see to come to truth! Hope someone love this ideas,too.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
scavfan

Re: Mod Ideas - Lagoon

Post by scavfan »

Ideas are nice and I would be really glad to see lagoon mods, but I'm not sure that these will happen. Ever since MP4 update modding became more difficult (or people simply don't make mods as often anymore?). On Mainiapark site (and anywhere else for that matter), I cannot find a single lagoon mod.
Demented

Post by Demented »

I like the Pirate theme idea. :thumbsup:
Not sure it even has to be a mod with the new item capabilities. Perhaps just a good item kit could be done by someone.
Of course the there is a limit to item usage on a map.
But, a few things like ship ruins, treasure chests, pirate caves, rope bridges, skeletons, dynamite boxes etc... Could be fun.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
hackie

Post by hackie »

You should contact Wraight ( If I'm correct ) about it , he is a Master in building Mods.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You mean Wraith ;)
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I wonder how there is no official mod yet.. but it seems like the player number on lagoon is just too low. However, I am currently working with lagoon textures and modding, but I can't promise to release it to publicity
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
wraith

Post by wraith »

Hello everyone.
I am out of doing mods for any worlds, due to couple things.
1. No graphics card till the 28/4/2018 lol not the best but it get me off using on board graphics "ASUS Strix 1050ti"
2. specular textures i simply can not get my head around it, sorry, over the years of doing mods i have been lucky to get help from 4 great people, sadly three of them not around anymore and the 4th got NO time for helping me.

Now if someone wants to help me and make the specular textures when i am finished making mods, i can have a play around with lagoon, but first i would have to make a text mod to see whats or what
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

I totaly forgot this Thread from me. :o

Nice to see, that some of you was interested!

Maybe some of you grab this ideas and make a wonderfull mod.
I'm willing to help, but i have absolutly no experience in modding. So, the person must tell me exactly, what i have to do, StepByStep! :?

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
Demented

Post by Demented »

Some really cool things have been made with mods in the past but mods have one fatal flaw with them; ManiaPlanet changes over time and unsupported modifications can become broken. I think Wraith has been working with items lately because you can create some fairly interesting "concepts" with them and now that they are embeddable, should never have broken links or unsupported texture issues. It's frustrating to spend a good deal of time creating something only to have it not work after a while.
I'm not saying people shouldn't make mods. Not at all. But, until there is a way to insure they will always continue working, it is a risk.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Like i said, i don't know anything about modding.
But is it not possible, to keep a mod up to date?

So, when MP updates, the creator should do some modifications and the mod is working again?
It should be not more complicated, then creating the whole mod, or?

:?:

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”